We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Founder, Director at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
A stable and scalable solution which is easy to install and allows for synchronized protection
  • "One of the best use cases involves synchronized security staff, which allows us to manage both the firewall and the anti-virus features from the cloud."

What is our primary use case?

One of the best use cases involves synchronized security staff, which allows us to manage both the firewall and the anti-virus features from the cloud. They work in tandem with each other. So, if there is any threat detected by the endpoint, it communicates information concerning this change to the firewall. For that particular client, at the firewall, it can update all other endpoints into the network to check if the same threat is visible on any other machine. Then, corrective action can be taken collectively with a single click.

What is most valuable?

We have not encountered any issues involving the solution. A point in its favor is that it has not slowed down our systems, such as occurred with McAfee, Symantec or even Quick Heal. This has been a positive experience for us. Also, the synchronized security, in which things work with each other, provides us with a pretty automated remediation methodology which cuts down on much of the manual steps and workload.

What needs improvement?

At present, the solution meets the needs of our business scale. Perhaps in the future, as we grow and face increased challenges, there would be a need to explore other options.

We've been using Sophos Intercept X for around six months.

The solution is pretty stable.

The solution is, indeed, scalable. As a cloud-based solution, it is all about scalability.

We have yet to encounter a situation in which we had a need to call tech support.

The solution is pretty straightforward and very easy to configure.

Installation took no more than two or three minutes.

We, ourselves, are system integrators and we have a staff of around seven people, consisting of eight engineers and a person who is responsible for the accounts, meaning the support staff.

One can pay for the license annually, or at two and five year intervals.

What other advice do I have?

The solution is cloud-based.

I would absolutely recommend this solution to others. So far, so good.

There are roughly 25 people making use of the solution in our organization.

I rate Sophos Intercept X as a ten out of ten.

Senior Security Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Comes with an option to switch off an endpoint, and does what it's supposed to do and better than anyone else
    • "I find the security heartbeat feature with synchronized security very useful. It's a very nice feature that allows you to basically switch off an endpoint. When an endpoint has got a virus or something like that, or it's infected or compromised, you can isolate it from the network, but only if you've got an XG Firewall as well. It also provides ease of use. It is the only antivirus that can recognize 25 out of the 36 ransomware and virus techniques that have been often used in terms of the behavior base using heuristics. It's beautiful, utterly amazing. No other antivirus can do that."
    • "The pricing could be a bit lower to match the normal retail pricing."

What is most valuable?

I find the security heartbeat feature with synchronized security very useful. It's a very nice feature that allows you to basically switch off an endpoint. When an endpoint has got a virus or something like that, or it's infected or compromised, you can isolate it from the network, but only if you've got an XG Firewall as well.

It also provides ease of use. It is the only antivirus that can recognize 25 out of the 36 ransomware and virus techniques that have been often used in terms of the behavior base using heuristics. It's beautiful, utterly amazing. No other antivirus can do that.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be a bit lower to match the normal retail pricing.

I have been using this solution for the last four months. Currently, I am using the latest version.

It's really scalable. We easily did 5,000 installations in six hours. It's good at scalability.

Some of our SMB clients have 20 users, and some have around 200 to 300 users. A big enterprise client has around 5,000 users.

I don't set these products up, but they look pretty straightforward and simple to set up. The deployment of 5,000 users happened in around six hours. The deployment was obviously automated a little bit.

When you start going to the EDR technologies and the MTR, it is a little bit expensive. It's a very good technology, and obviously, you're going to pay for it, but the pricing could do a little bit of work.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend Sophos Intercept X. It's the number one product in my go-to-market strategy.

I haven't used it so much, but from what I've seen and played around with, it's a brilliant product. It has already got everything. It does what it's supposed to do and does it better than anyone else out there. If you look at Gartner Quadrants, they are at number three in terms of leaders. The Microsoft Defender ATP is number one.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X a nine out of ten. It is a beautiful product, and I love it.

Private Cloud
    Learn what your peers think about Sophos Intercept X. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    563,327 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Manager of Information Security at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Reliable, user-friendly, good price, and useful for malware protection and application blocking
    • "Malware protection and application blocking are absolutely great. The DLP and malware features are very helpful. It is also very user-friendly, reliable, and scalable. It is easy to set up. We are also happy with its price and support."
    • "Mobile device management is a challenging area, and it can be improved. Some areas in the DLP solution can also be improved. It has the DLP capability, but it is not an all-out DLP program. I would like to see them improve the DLP solution in terms of reporting and possibly network monitoring. Currently, they only do the reporting parts of it."

What is our primary use case?

We use it for all of its features, with the exception of mobile device management. We use it for DLP, malware protection, some forms of asset tracking, application blocking, and so forth.

It is deployed on-premises and on the cloud. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Malware protection and application blocking are absolutely great. The DLP and malware features are very helpful.

What needs improvement?

Mobile device management is a challenging area, and it can be improved. Some areas in the DLP solution can also be improved. It has the DLP capability, but it is not an all-out DLP program. I would like to see them improve the DLP solution in terms of reporting and possibly network monitoring. Currently, they only do the reporting parts of it.

I have been using this solution for close to two years.

It is a very reliable solution.

It is very easily scalable. We have scaled it, and we had very minor problems in expanding it across the organizations and new acquisitions.

They provide a great response. They are available through email and phone calls. After you create a ticket, they will respond within 24 hours.

We've only used Symantec. Symantec is nowhere near this solution.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Our team did the deployment. We got the training from them, and we did the deployment ourselves.

Compared to other solutions, such as CrowdStrike, we are most certainly happy with its pricing. We did a three year-business deal.

What other advice do I have?

I most certainly would recommend this solution. One of the recommendations would be to make sure that you have a plan and a dedicated team to be able to manage all of the functions that are in the Sophos solution.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X an eight out of ten.

Project Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Easy to use, straightforward to set up, and it's effective against critical problems including ransomware
    • "The most valuable features are ease of use and the GUI."
    • "We would like to deploy across a variety of machines simultaneously through the network."

What is our primary use case?

This security solution covers most of the critical problems such as ransomware.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are ease of use and the GUI. The interface is very subjective. Personally, I am fine with it. However, some people don't like it. Generally speaking, I would say that it is easy to use.

They have a free version that is installed on mobile phones, which is very good.

The integration with my AP works well.

What needs improvement?

The price of this product should be reduced because it is a little high.

We have been using Sophos Intercept X for the past month.

So far, I haven't seen any bugs in this product, so the stability is good.

Scalability-wise, Sophos Intercept X is good. We have close to 100 users, who are mostly salespeople.

We have not engaged with technical support.

The initial setup is straightforward and not complicated. Deployment-wise, this solution is okay. It is easy to get the agents up.

One problem is that we want to know if there is a way to deploy the agent without going to every machine if I am upgrading from another product. Locally, I have to go machine by machine to complete the installation.

We deployed by ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that if you want ease of use for a good price, and something that addresses most of the endpoint protection needs, then this is the best solution to implement.

Generally, I like this product compared to other endpoint solutions and I don't have many complaints. The vendor just has to keep it up or continue to improve. That said, it cannot stop every virus so it is not perfect.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

CIO at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
    Protects our devices from viruses and other forms of malware
    • "It does its job — it protects us from viruses. We don't really interact with it very much."
    • "It has a performance hit on a local laptop. There's an agent installed and we are bothered a lot by it because it seems to be using a lot of computer resources."

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to protect all of our computers against viruses — malware in general.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

It has a performance hit on a local laptop. There's an agent installed and we are bothered a lot by it because it seems to be using a lot of computer resources.

We're interested in some behavioral analysis regarding activities on all of our networks so that we can anticipate intrusions and problems before they occur. My understanding is that Sophos doesn't provide such a facility. Darktrace seems to offer an artificial intelligence solution along these lines.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for roughly two to three years.

This solution seems very stable. We just installed it and forget about it.

On the rare occasion that we've asked for help, the IT support company has delivered.

We have a company that provides IT support for us. They recommended it and they set it up. All we had to do was install the agent on each laptop, which was a pretty easy thing to do.

The price of this solution is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of eight.

I would recommend this solution; it does its job as far as I'm aware. I can't tell you if it's better or worse than other software packages for security. It's the one suggested by our IT services provider. It seems to do the job. We're a bit bothered about the performance hit on the laptops, but other than that, it seems fine.

Microsoft Azure
    Abrar Khan
    IT Coordinator at a pharma/biotech company with 51-200 employees
    Services perform well, minimal resources, and synchronizes well with other solution
    • "The solution is overall quite good, the services are performing well. It is very good for those who are using standard PC configurations. It does not block their system up by taking up a lot of resources."
    • "This solution is not in the high ratings on many of the top review sites. This solution has to be near the top for me to continue using it."

What is our primary use case?

We are not only using Sophos Endpoint with this solution, we are also using Sophos Email Security and firewall. It is a completely synchronized security package.

What is most valuable?

The solution is overall quite good, the services are performing well. It is very good for those who are using standard PC configurations. It does not block their system up by taking up a lot of resources.

What needs improvement?

This solution is not in the high ratings on many of the top review sites. This solution has to be near the top for me to continue using it. I do not think a lot of companies know about this solution, it could be a lack of marketing that is the reason why it is not at the top.

I have been using the solution for two years.

The solution is very good for small-sized businesses.

The technical support sometimes is a bit delayed, but sometimes they are responding very fast. Overall they are good but could improve on the times they are having delays.

Previously we used McAfee for our endpoint protection for our company. It was very problematic, it was using up a lot of resources and delaying the work of users. Users were not able to do multitasking in the system. It is blocking all access to our server at the time of scanning. We decided to move to some other good antivirus. After analyzing the market, we found Sophos. Sophos is best for the standard configuration PC.

Due to some circumstances, we are going to switch from this solution to Symantec. Additionally, we have evaluated Kaspersky before choosing Symantec as the replacement for this solution. Kaspersky has had a very good rating amongst review sites along with Symantec.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos Intercept X a nine out of ten.

Technology Infrastructure Manager at a non-profit with 201-500 employees
    Not resource-intensive and does a good job of stopping and preventing different threats from being triggered
    • "It is very easy to set up and easy to use. It is also not resource-intensive."
    • "Sophos has a lot of different features. Some of them are tied to different clients, which may mean that different prices or licenses have to be added on. It can be a little bit confusing if you're not familiar with the logic of how they work. They can make it a little bit clearer."

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for endpoint antivirus, hardening, and some DLP policies. Its version is the current one.

What is most valuable?

It is very easy to set up and easy to use. It is also not resource-intensive.

It has been very stable. It has done a good job of stopping and preventing different threats from being triggered.

What needs improvement?

Sophos has a lot of different features. Some of them are tied to different clients, which may mean that different prices or licenses have to be added on. It can be a little bit confusing if you're not familiar with the logic of how they work. They can make it a little bit clearer.

I have been using this solution for about a year and a half.

Systems have been stable during deployment. It is not resource-intensive, and it has been working well.

It has been easy to add additional Sophos components. They all are using the same console. We have about 400 users who are using this solution.

We were using Symantec. We switched because we just needed something that was a little bit more aggressive and next-generation from an antivirus perspective.

It is very easy to set up.

We had a third party that helped us set it up.

It was fairly and reasonably priced.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to thoroughly vet out because Sophos has a lot of different features. It can be a little bit confusing in terms of licensing.

I would rate Sophos Intercept X a solid eight out of 10.

Inside Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    MSP
    Good price with robust and stable cloud console
    • "What I have found the most valuable about Sophos Intercept X is the ease of use with management administration and the solution's ability to stop exploits and ransomware."
    • "Sophos Intercept X doesn't have its own firewall that utilizes the Windows Firewall or intrusion prevention."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use cases for Sophos Intercept X are endpoint protection, corporate enterprise endpoint protection, EDR, and endpoint detection and response. And if you add the Sophos MTR to Sophos Intercept X, you could do managed threat response, as well.

What is most valuable?

What I have found the most valuable about Sophos Intercept X is the ease of use with management administration and the solution's ability to stop exploits and ransomware. Sophos Intercept X has great exploit prevention capabilities.

What needs improvement?

Sophos Intercept X doesn't have its own firewall that utilizes the Windows Firewall or intrusion prevention.

I have been using Sophos Intercept X for four or five years.

Sophos Intercept X is stable. The cloud console they have been creating for a while is both stable and robust.

Sophos Intercept X is definitely scalable for all enterprises, from small to large.

I do not engage with Sophos Intercept X's technical support too often. I would say that they are okay. They are certainly not the best out there or the worst, so they are good.

The initial setup is straightforward in terms of the ability to integrate with an active directory and add users and put them into a default profile. You have to do a bit of learning to know which additional settings to activate sometimes, but the default settings are a good start.

I would say that Sophos Intercept X is comparable to other solutions out there, but it is a premium business product. The pricing reflects that.

What other advice do I have?

If you are using other Sophos technology, it is worth it to take a look at Sophos Intercept X because of the integration and XDR technology capabilities.

Download our free Sophos Intercept X Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.