We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Sophos EPP Suite OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Sophos EPP Suite is #18 ranked solution in endpoint security software. PeerSpot users give Sophos EPP Suite an average rating of 8 out of 10. Sophos EPP Suite is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: Sophos EPP Suite vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.
What is Sophos EPP Suite?
Protect every user and every device from malware, spam, data loss and more with our Enduser Protection bundles. Only Sophos delivers best-of-breed endpoint, mobile, encryption, email and web security solutions licensed per user and backed by the best support in the industry.

Sophos EPP Suite was previously known as EPP Suite.

Sophos EPP Suite Buyer's Guide

Download the Sophos EPP Suite Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Sophos EPP Suite Customers
EK Services
Sophos EPP Suite Video

Sophos EPP Suite Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Sophos EPP Suite pricing:
  • "We purchased a three-year license, which gave us a large discount."
  • "Pricing could always be lower. It costs around $120 per seat per year."
  • Sophos EPP Suite Reviews

Manager of Information Security at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Great DLP, very easy initial setup, and quite stable
    • "The solution's most valuable aspect, for us, is the DLP portion of the product."
    • "The solution has a strange technical support process where you need to move through all of these tiers before you can get to someone who can help you. They should streamline the process and make it easier to speak to the correct level of support from the outset."

What is our primary use case?

We use the Sophos suite for a lot of things. We use it for the DLP and we can use it for the EDR. We use it for mobile device management and in application control as well. Those are some of the main uses of the application.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable aspect, for us, is the DLP portion of the product.

It's just a good endpoint solution. I can't say that it's better or worse than any other product, however, it has a pretty good feature set. There are good rules, etc.

That application, so far, is actually able to tell us if there are any issues with the machine and what they are.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if the solution is missing anything. For us, it seems to be covering our needs quite well.

SentinelOne has what they call a rollback feature. It would be great if something similar was added to Sophos.

We've been using the solution for the past six months.

We've only been using the solution for six months. That said, it appears to be stable. We haven't had any issues. There aren't bugs and glitches, at least, not that I've experienced. It doesn't crash. It's been good.

So far, we've been able to scale the solution quite well. In terms of where we are right now, it's scaling quite well to other parts of the organization, and the experience has been pretty painless so far.

We've probably got about 700 to 800 people on it so far. We have administrators, and then first-level users, which I guess are just reviewers or support, and then support teams. That's probably about it. The security team, which is what I'm a part of, too, has access to the solution for reporting purposes.

We've been in touch with technical support.

They're very responsive and very timely in their responses. We find them to be quite knowledgeable as well. That said, you hate everything with the first level call and the second level call and the third level call. However, for the most part, they're very timely.

This is our first EDR solution, I probably don't have much to compare it to.

The initial setup was not complex at all. It was a straightforward implementation. Everything was very simple.

We handled the implementation ourselves completely in-house. We didn't hire any integrators or outside consultants.

I'm not sure of what our licensing costs are. There are two and three-year packages available. I know we took a three-year package with a large discount applied to it. I'm not sure if there are different tiers, like silver or platinum. There might be. I don't know what the differences would be between them if there are.

I've seen other solutions such as SentinalOne, Carbon Black, and McAfee. I've seen them, however, to be truthful, I can't really explain what I'm missing and what features these options offer instead.

What other advice do I have?

We're just a Sophos customer. We don't have a special relationship with the client.

We're using the latest version of the solution.

In terms of adopting this technology, I'd advise other organizations to work with their integration team and know the products in and out before getting started. They will have to spend a lot of time planning the process with Sophos. However, Sophos has a team that will help companies do that, which really helps simplify the process.

We personally didn't use them for the integration piece, but we did have the conversation with how to get it deployed, and testing, and all those kind of things within our environment.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Pre-sales manager at National Information Technology Company
    Easy to deploy with good visibility and excellent AI capabilities
    • "It's easy to deploy."
    • "It would be ideal if the price could be lowered a little bit."

What is our primary use case?

It's an antivirus that can protect users and servers. It protects you from malware, from exploits, from viruses.

What is most valuable?

It's like any other antivirus solution, however, it's an advanced one. It has AI, Artificial Intelligence. It's lightweight, it doesn't affect your PC or your server, so it's something good to have. It's a must to have in this era. It's something very important to have for your users or even for your home, although they do offer Sophos Home for home. The normal one is for the business.

It works great.

It's easy to deploy.

The product gives you a full picture of what's happening on your endpoint, on your PC, or your server. You can trace where the virus came from, you can put rules in place, et cetera. You have full control.

The solution is stable.

The scalability is great.

We have found the technical support to be quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

There are no missing features. We're fine with its capabilities.

It would be ideal if the price could be lowered a little bit.

I've been using the solution for eight years.

We've found the product to be quite stable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The solution is easy to scale. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so.

As a partner, currently, we have about 30 customers using the solution. It all depends on the partners in my region. I'm in Kuwait. Every time you have to deploy, the customer would need to get three quotations, and then they choose the better price.

Technical support is great. We have no complaints.

The initial setup is easy. it takes about ten minutes to deploy. It's very fast and easy.

One person is enough in terms of the amount of personnel you need for implementation. However, if you have a large environment, you might require more assistance. For example, if you have hundreds of computers, you'll want more help. Likely you would need three for an enterprise setup and one for an SMB.

As an integrator, we can implement the solution for our clients.

Every organization, including Sophos or Microsoft, has its own pricing scheme. For Sophos, they have discounts for partners. That said, when looking at other markets, there are places they could reduce costs a bit. Mostly, the price is affordable, yet having more discounts will definitely bring more customers.

Customers must pay a yearly licensing fee. You can go monthly, however, it's cheaper to choose a yearly payment option. All of our customers go for annual licensing, not monthly.

What other advice do I have?

As a customer, you can choose whether to go on cloud or on-premise. We prefer to be on the cloud as it has better features now.

We are a partner and integrator.

I'd rate the solution to other companies. We recommend it to clients all of the time.

I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten.

Learn what your peers think about Sophos EPP Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Information Security Manager at KIK Custom Products
    Good anti-malware and filtering, but shows a lot of false positives
    • "The anti-malware and web filtering are the solutions most valuable aspects."
    • "The solution isn't quite accurate enough. It provides a lot of false positives."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for endpoint protection. We use it as an antivirus and for web filtering.

How has it helped my organization?

There isn't an easy way to describe how it's helped our company. It's just a good source of protection.

What is most valuable?

The anti-malware and web filtering are the solutions most valuable aspects.

The solution has the capability to detect and prevent attacks.

What needs improvement?

The solution isn't quite accurate enough. It provides a lot of false positives.

For example, if you log onto the portal, you'll be able to see the endpoints. You'll see the health status, but when you click on one, you'll find everything right there, even though it might not be clear from the health status overview. The accuracy of the status needs to be better represented.

I've been using the solution for several years.

The stability is pretty good. the only complaint is the operation of the solution.

The solution is only capable of being used on a Linus or Mac. It's limiting.

We don't plan to increase usage at this time. We already use 80% of its capabilities and we don't plan to expand beyond that.

I'd rate the technical support as average. It's not outstanding, however, it's also not the worst we've dealt with.

I'm not sure if another solution was used previously. By the time I was hired, the company was already using Sophos.

The initial setup is pretty straightforward. It's a typical setup. It's just a regular implied agent.

I don't have any information about the cost or how much we pay. I'm not involved in the finance aspect of managing the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Although I don't know the version number, I'm using the most up to date one.

I'd advise organizations considering implementing the solution to first consider their requirements. They need to know what they are looking for. There are a lot of vendors out there that offer many of the same features. However, if there's just one critical feature that's necessary, you need to be sure it will work correctly for your company.

You also need to make sure you are choosing something that is compatible with other solutions that intersect. We've had experiences where we thought that a certain piece of software would work with Sophos and we realized that it didn't.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

Other
    Sophos Certified Technician at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    My firewall knows exactly what's going on in my endpoint; it takes my production level one step higher
    • "Synchronized security is a great feature. My firewall knows exactly what is happening in my endpoint."
    • "The solution lacks technical support."

What is our primary use case?

My focus with this solution has been on the firewall and endpoint protection. The  ransomware protection technique and pattern of detecting the malware happens using behavioral analysis. It then looks at where the attack is directed and which command and control servers are connected with that malware or that application. We are partners with Sophos and I'm a Sophos-certified technician.

What is most valuable?

Synchronized security is a great feature. Basically, my firewall knows exactly what is happening in my endpoint. It takes my production level one step higher. The 100% application visibility means that questions are asked: What are the types of application in my endpoint which are attending to that cloud server? Is it for any command and control server or a genuine site? That type of thing. That flows onto the quality control in XG Firewall which checks whether there is any malicious activity present in the system so I can control access of that system.

What needs improvement?

The one challenge of this product is the lack of support. I know they are busy but the response time should be quicker. Even if they had someone to just pick the call up and then generate the cases, that would be an improvement. It could be like Cyberoam where they have one dedicated person who receives the calls and generates the case for the customer and then the engineer responds. With Sophos you can wait on the phone for two to three hours before you get anybody from the technical support team. It's a real challenge.

For endpoint, if they could add the start and stop scanning or abort scanning button to the endpoints, that would be an improvement. Sometimes what happens is that the scan is being used but my system is slow and I have to do some urgent work, but I'm not able to pause the scan. I have to forcefully restart it or try something else. The inclusion of a feature like that would be helpful for end users.

I've been using this solution for the past year.

The solution is stable.

The scalability of the solution is good.

The initial setup is easy but I never recommend anyone do it by themselves first time round because the setup is hardest for the level-one users who haven't used the firewall before. For anyone who is experienced it's not a problem. I implemented the solution for us.

The price of the product is relatively high compared to other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

We might increase usage down the track but not for now, things are very uncertain with the coronavirus. If there was a guide available, that would be helpful for securing of the network.

I would rate this solution an eight out of 10.

Technician at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Scalable, easy to use, and quite stable
    • "It's very simple to use. The managing of the endpoints is very easy."
    • "In my country, having an on-premises deployment model is preferred. In this part of the world, on-premises is still the way many companies want to go. Therefore, they should supply some sort of option that allows for that reality."

What is our primary use case?

We're Sophos partners for Africa, primarily in the Ivory Coast. We decided to use it first for testing purposes before proposing it to our customers as an option for them.

What is most valuable?

It's a good product.

It's very simple to use. The managing of the endpoints is very easy.

The product offers great protection.

What needs improvement?

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point.

The solution is very stable. There aren't really any bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's pretty good.

It's scalable due to the fact that it is on the cloud. With the cloud deployment, it is not your problem to think about how many CPUs you must use or how many hard drives you need. It makes everything very easy.

Currently, we have less than 20 users on the solution. We may increase usage in the future as we continue to work with the product.

I've worked with Sophos technical support in the past, however, never directly on endpoint issues. Therefore I can't directly speak to their knowledge or responsiveness when issues arise.

I can't really discuss this, as I'm not the decision-maker at my company. I'm not sure if another solution was used previously.

As a cloud product, there isn't really an installation. It's pretty straightforward. You can click on an icon on the user station and all the management from the cloud is right there.

In terms of deployment, it depends on the local platform of the customers. We have about 20 users and we were able to set everything up in less than one hour.

I handled the implementation myself. I'm a Sophos architect engineer. I didn't need the assistance of an outside consultant or integrator.

I'm not quite sure how the pricing or licensing works.

What other advice do I have?

We're a Sophos partner. We have a business relationship with the company.

I would recommend the solution.

Overall, I would rate it eight out of ten.

Good DLP capability, easy to set up, and the technical support is responsive
    • "The most valuable feature is data loss prevention."
    • "If we could bypass the first couple of levels of support when we have a problem then it would be easier and quicker when we need an issue resolved."

What is our primary use case?

We use EPP Suite for a lot of things including DLP, EDR, device management, and application control.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is data loss prevention.

The rollback feature that SentinelOne has would be a great addition to Sophos.

What needs improvement?

I have been using the Sophos EPP Suite for about six months.

This product has been very stable and we haven't had any issues.

We have been scaling its use to other parts of the organization and so far, that experience has gone fairly well. We have about 700 people using it at this point. The users include administrations, first-level users, who are reviewers, and the support team. The security team uses it for reporting purposes.

Technical support is very responsive and also very timely in their responses. It does take time to get through the first, second, and third-level calls, but for the most part, they are timely.

This is our first EDR product.

The initial setup is very simple.

Our in-house team deployed it. We did have a conversation with Sophos on how to get it deployed and testing it in our environment.

We purchased a three-year license, which gave us a large discount.

I have seen CarbonBlack and McAfee, although I have not worked with them enough to know the differences.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing EPP Suite is to work with their integration team to learn the ins and outs of the product. They have got to spend a lot of time planning the process with Sophos, and Sophos has a team in place to help with that.

Overall, I would say that it is a good endpoint solution. I think that we're using every feature that they have. That said, I'm sure that there are some things that I'm missing.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

IT Administrator at Xavier University
    Good central management of the anti-virus with very good stability
    • "The central management of the anti-virus features for our end user is a very valuable aspect of the solutions."
    • "The management console need improvement."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution on our endpoints for end-user security. We are planning to move to their new product, the XG.

What is most valuable?

We find it very good as a product.

What needs improvement?

In the future, we're looking forward to having a new synchronization firewall on the endpoint.

The management console need improvement.

I'd address the deployment side. If we could upgrade the deployment side to hand it off to the end-user, it would make it easier, as our campuses are far apart.

We'd appreciate if the solution could offer us assistance with a later deployment.

I've been using the solution for three or four years.

The stability is good. Everything is working fine at the moment.

The scalability is good. Our subscriptions are around 1500, and we have 600 to 700 users deployed. We don't plan to expand on-premises usage and will be moving to the cloud.

I was in touch with technical support last week, with the Phillippine country manager in Venado. So far, their assistance has been very helpful.

We previously used Trend Micro. We replaced it with Sophos. Trend Micro just didn't work for us. There were issues with the management file.

From our initial reporting, the system wasn't difficult to install. We didn't face any complexity or have any problems.

We need about four people for maintenance and deployment because we have different campuses.

What other advice do I have?

We're looking forward to moving to the cloud and replacing our existing firewall when we move to Sophos XG.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Chief Executive Officer at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
    Easy to install, administer, and maintain
    • "It is doing its job. We use it for standard antivirus purposes and for making sure that people aren't downloading infected attachments. Because we use the cloud version, it is easy to maintain. We don't have to do anything to really maintain it. It gets updated automatically."
    • "We use cloud services quite a bit. Therefore, I would like to see integration with other security tools besides endpoint so that I'm not managing different tools separately. I would prefer to have a single security solution for my laptop and for managing other security things like passwords."

What is our primary use case?

Its primary use is for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced our exposure to cyber risk while working from home during the pandemic.

What is most valuable?

It is doing its job. We use it for standard antivirus purposes and for making sure that people aren't downloading infected attachments.

Because we use the cloud version, it is easy to maintain. We don't have to do anything to really maintain it. It gets updated automatically.

What needs improvement?

We use cloud services quite a bit. Therefore, I would like to see integration with other security tools besides endpoint so that I'm not managing different tools separately. I would prefer to have a single security solution for my laptop and for managing other security things like passwords.

I have been using this solution for over two years.

It is quite stable.

We haven't really tested the scalability because we are a small firm. We have just a few installations.

We haven't directly interacted with them. It is easy enough to self administer, so we haven't had the need to contact technical support.

It is very easy to set up.

Its installation is simple enough. We just installed it ourselves.

Price could always be lower of course, but I feel it is good value.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is a good solution for small firms that don't have very sophisticated requirements. If you are a large firm with a lot of specific requirements, then obviously, you need to do your homework, but for a small firm, it is fine. It is easy to install and administer.

I would rate Sophos EPP Suite an eight out of ten.

Download our free Sophos EPP Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.