We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why
Chief Executive Officer at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
Easy to install, administer, and maintain
  • "It is doing its job. We use it for standard antivirus purposes and for making sure that people aren't downloading infected attachments. Because we use the cloud version, it is easy to maintain. We don't have to do anything to really maintain it. It gets updated automatically."
  • "We use cloud services quite a bit. Therefore, I would like to see integration with other security tools besides endpoint so that I'm not managing different tools separately. I would prefer to have a single security solution for my laptop and for managing other security things like passwords."

What is our primary use case?

Its primary use is for endpoint protection.

How has it helped my organization?

Reduced our exposure to cyber risk while working from home during the pandemic.

What is most valuable?

It is doing its job. We use it for standard antivirus purposes and for making sure that people aren't downloading infected attachments.

Because we use the cloud version, it is easy to maintain. We don't have to do anything to really maintain it. It gets updated automatically.

What needs improvement?

We use cloud services quite a bit. Therefore, I would like to see integration with other security tools besides endpoint so that I'm not managing different tools separately. I would prefer to have a single security solution for my laptop and for managing other security things like passwords.

I have been using this solution for over two years.

It is quite stable.

We haven't really tested the scalability because we are a small firm. We have just a few installations.

We haven't directly interacted with them. It is easy enough to self administer, so we haven't had the need to contact technical support.

It is very easy to set up.

Its installation is simple enough. We just installed it ourselves.

Price could always be lower of course, but I feel it is good value.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution. It is a good solution for small firms that don't have very sophisticated requirements. If you are a large firm with a lot of specific requirements, then obviously, you need to do your homework, but for a small firm, it is fine. It is easy to install and administer.

I would rate Sophos EPP Suite an eight out of ten.

Network and Cybersecurity Consultant at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Good support, easy to scale, and stable

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that we provide for our clients.

What is most valuable?

This product is primarily used for endpoint protection, like an antivirus.

What needs improvement?

Sophos is lacking in the granularity of optimization, so having more control would be better.

I have been dealing with Sophos EPP Suite for approximately two years.

This product is quite stable and there are no problems with it.

The solution is quite easy to scale, although we use it primarily for small shops. Our clients have between 200 and 300 users.

How are customer service and

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

This product is primarily used for endpoint protection, like an antivirus.

What needs improvement?

I have been dealing with Sophos EPP Suite for approximately two years.

This product is quite stable and there are no problems with it.

Sophos has Italian-based support, so it is quite easy to deal with them. They are very easy to get along with.

I have not been involved in the setup process. Rather, I manage products that have already been installed.

The installation is usually carried out by the end-users.

Sophos is cheaper than some competing products.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I'm quite happy with it when it works. It is one that I can recommend.

Learn what your peers think about Sophos EPP Suite. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,143 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Head of Information Security with 51-200 employees
Quick installation, easy to use, and stable

What is our primary use case?

I am using Sophos EPP Suite for protecting the endpoint.

What is most valuable?

Sophos EPP Suite's most valuable feature is ease of use.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve on the resource management, it is a bit heavy on the resources.

I have been using Sophos EPP Suite for approximately two years.

Sophos EPP Suite is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable. We have approximately 20 people using the solution in my organization.

What is our primary use case?

I am using Sophos EPP Suite for protecting the endpoint.

What is most valuable?

Sophos EPP Suite's most valuable feature is ease of use.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Sophos EPP Suite for approximately two years.

Sophos EPP Suite is stable.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

We have approximately 20 people using the solution in my organization.

The technical support should try to understand the customer inquiry better. There are times we have already explained the issue to the support and they still ask us to try something that we have already tried.

We previously used Windows Defender.

The installation is straightforward and takes approximately five minutes for one endpoint.

We did the implementation ourselves with a team of three. We have five managers, a technical team, and one admin involved with the solution.

We are on an annual license to use the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Sophos EPP Suite a nine out of ten.

Director with 11-50 employees
Easy to configure, good monitoring functionality, and the centralized management makes it easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and the Sophos EPP Suite is one of the security products that we use to provide service to our clients. We primarily use it for endpoint protection.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the central administration and management. The central monitoring capability is helpful. It is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved. In the future, I would like to see better third-party integration so that it can work in conjunction with our ticket system.

We have about three years of experience with this product.

In terms of stability, we have not had any problems.

What do I

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the central administration and management.

The central monitoring capability is helpful.

It is easy to configure.

What needs improvement?

Technical support needs to be improved.

We have about three years of experience with this product.

In terms of stability, we have not had any problems.

We are satisfied with the scalability.

The technical support offered by Sophos is very poor.

The initial setup is complex and the deployment will take approximately one month.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, this is a good product and I recommend it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Other
Engineering Manager at a manufacturing company with 51-200 employees
Great cloud management; easy to use, stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

This solution is a combination of two products, along with the additional EDR. It has the Endpoint plus Intercept X, which is more for ransomware and the anti-exploit with the EDR on top of it. I'm the engineering manager and we are customers of Sophos EPP Suite.

What is most valuable?

The cloud management is great. The whole solution is easy to use and simple.

What needs improvement?

Additional security is always good; it would be helpful if the technical support could be improved.

I've been using this solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

How are

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The cloud management is great. The whole solution is easy to use and simple.

What needs improvement?

I've been using this solution for four years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support could be improved - quicker and better. Support is the bad side of Sophos.

The initial setup is very easy, it took a few days and we did it ourselves. We have around 300 users in the company. An IT person can implement easily and there is documentation available for the configuration.

They offer an annual and monthly subscription and we chose to go with the annual one.

Download our free Sophos EPP Suite Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.