SonicWall Mobile Connect OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Download the Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SonicWall Mobile Connect?

SonicWall Mobile Connect gives your employees safe, easy access to the data and resources they need to be productive from a range of devices, including iOS, OS X, Android, Chrome OS, Kindle Fire and Windows. Display only the resources to which your workforce is authorized based on your policies for each user and mobile platform. Ensure that your corporate network is protected from mobile threats and unauthorized access with our durable secure VPN client.

SonicWall Mobile Connect Video

SonicWall Mobile Connect Reviews

President at a computer software company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Problem-free and easy to use with a clean interface
  • "The ease of use is great. It's pretty easy for users to get on the tablet or whatever and select the bookmark they need and just take it over."
  • "Technical support can always get better. Any time you have to call in for any certain thing, it can be difficult."

What is our primary use case?

We have a few clients that use it. Most clients will use the NetExtender more, however, other than that, they do use Mobile Connect.

Mainly it's used to take over their workstation at their office.

What is most valuable?

Most of the clients try to stick with just doing a laptop. I know Mobile Connect is more for tablets and phones. However, whenever the few people that do use it don't have any complaints about how it works on various devices. We don't have to have constant fixes on them. It does seem to work pretty well.

The user interface is pretty good.

The stability is good.

We've found the solution to be scalable.

What needs improvement?

Technical support can always get better. Any time you have to call in for any certain thing, it can be difficult. Maybe that could be something that could be improved.

We've used the solution for a while.

Enterprise Infrastructure VPN
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, OpenVPN, Cisco and others in Enterprise Infrastructure VPN. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Stability and reliability have been good. As long as their internet connection is good, we've we haven't had any issues. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

Scalability is great. If we need to scale up, we can just attach a bigger license that has more user registrations available on it. We haven't run into any issues where we couldn't scale up.

Technical support is lacking a bit. We'd like to see them be a bit better at helping.

What other advice do I have?

We're certified resellers and partners.

We try to keep the solution up to date and use the latest version.

I'd advise users to make sure they utilize two-factor. Anytime you're doing mobile connecting or VPN connecting, just make sure you pre-setup two-factor.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten overall. It seems like a very solid product.

Darshil Sanghvi - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Offers great multiple OS support for our management team

What is our primary use case?

This solution is generally used by our management and operational staff for any kind of access to auditing activities. We are partners with SonicWall.

What is most valuable?

The solution offers a major feature by being dedicated to mobile devices only and offering multiple OS support which includes Apple, Mac, Android and Chrome support.

What needs improvement?

The solution would be improved if SonicWall would also offer it as a cloud-based service. I would also like to see it include multiple cloud integration. We also found the initial setup to be more complicated than necessary.

This is a stable and reliable solution.

The solution is scalable although we only have 50 users, mainly our management staff. The other company employees don't have the need for this product.

We contacted SonicWall for assistance with our deployment and they were very good.

The initial setup was a little complex.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution.

I rate this product an eight out of 10.

Download our free Enterprise Infrastructure VPN Report and find out what your peers are saying about SonicWall, OpenVPN, Cisco, and more!
Updated: November 2022