IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

SilkRoad Wingspan OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is SilkRoad Wingspan?

SilkRoad Performance (Wingspan) can help simplify the process of aligning your corporate strategy with the day-to-day activities of your workers.

With an intuitive and automated, yet customizable platform, SilkRoad’s performance review solution allows you to take the long view and turn appraisals into training or recruitment.

SilkRoad's performance management system helps your company set goals, evaluate employee skills, provide feedback and opportunities for development, and tie performance to compensation. Highly flexible, the software is configurable to your needs as they evolve.

SilkRoad Wingspan was previously known as Wingspan.

Download the Talent Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

SilkRoad Wingspan Customers

Kearney & Company, San Diego County Regional Airport Authority, McLeod Health, TPC Group, Sirva, Lifestyle Family Fitness, BKD

SilkRoad Wingspan Video

Archived SilkRoad Wingspan Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user616524 - PeerSpot reviewer
Human Resource Generlaist at a aerospace/defense firm with 51-200 employees
Blasts job openings to several posting sites. When we are ready to hire, we can start the onboarding process.

What is most valuable?

SilkRoad Recruiting OpenHire RedCarpet Onboarding

How has it helped my organization?

When we are in need for positions, I just enter the data in OpenHire and it blasts our job openings to several posting sites. We review the relevant resumes. When we are ready to hire, we roll out the RedCarpet software and start the onboarding process.

What needs improvement?

I wish the SilkRoad HeartBeat program would be able to submit the new hire information into the RedCarpet tool. This is similar to how OpenHire transmits data to RedCarpet.

I have used this solution for between three and four years.
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SilkRoad, Cornerstone OnDemand, Halogen Software and others in Talent Management. Updated: May 2022.
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

The technical support is good.

We used a different applicant tracking software, but we wanted all the data in one system.

The setup was straightforward while working with the implementation team. However, it was time consuming.

The pricing policy is very fair.

What other advice do I have?

The ability to have a whole system with SilkRoad works well. We can manage most of the functions of an HR department.
it_user616536 - PeerSpot reviewer
HRIS Director at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Enables standardized, electronic, performance reviews. It is difficult to accommodate reporting changes during review cycles.

What is most valuable?

• Simple to use
  • Easy setup
  • Cloud-based
  • Easy foundation setup (companies, locations, employee data, etc.)
  • Employees can log in from any internet browser
  • No local installation and support is required

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled standardized, electronic performance reviews.

We always have supervisor changes during the performance review cycle. For example, an employee’s manager terminates. The reviews that the manager may have been in the middle of doing does not get automatically transferred to the new manager. We had to do a lot of manual work to get the old manager’s review over to the new one.

The situation was made more difficult since we didn’t have our HR system integrated with WingSpan. The manager relationship change happens in the HR system. There wasn’t a trigger for anything to change on the WingSpan side, so we had to continually audit/track changes in HR and update WingSpan as necessary.

Using HeartBeat would probably have made the situation easier, but that wasn’t an option for us.

What needs improvement?

It is difficult to accommodate reporting changes during review cycles. Employee changes are not automated if you do not use the SilkRoad HeartBeat HR system.

We always have supervisory changes during the performance review cycle. For example, if an employee’s manager is terminated, then the reviews, that the manager may have been in the middle of doing, do not get automatically transferred to the new manager. We did a lot of manual work to get the old manager’s review over to the new one.

The situation was made even more difficult, since we didn’t have our HR system integrated with Wingspan. The change in the manager's relationship happens only in the HR system. There wasn’t a trigger for anything to change on the Wingspan-side, so we had to continually audit/track changes in HR and update Wingspan, accordingly. Using SilkRoad HeartBeat, would probably have made the situation easier, but that wasn’t an option for us.

We have been using the solution for two years.

We haven't encountered any issues with stability.

The product is designed for smaller companies, so scalability is an issue.

The technical support is good and we have never had problems with it.

We switched from Taleo to have more HR applications on a single platform and vendor.

The setup was straightforward. Basic and easy.

I was not involved in pricing and licensing so I can't comment about that.

I was not involved in the initial RFP and selection.

What other advice do I have?

The product is good for small companies and fairly simple employee populations. It is not good for matrixed organizations.

May 2022
599,220 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user609633 - PeerSpot reviewer
Talent Acquisition Consultant at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
We utilize the most updated versions of Recruiting and Onboarding, and they are easy to use.

What is most valuable?

Each product is easy to use.

How has it helped my organization?

We had no ATS and a labor-intensive onboarding process.

What needs improvement?

I think the ATS should be able to auto-generate a decline letter when you move thru dispositions or when you close a requisition.

I have used it for three years. We utilize the most updated versions of Recruiting and Onboarding; the Blue version.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent.

We did not previously use another solution.

I think the pricing and licensing is fair.

Before choosing this product, we also evaluated Paylocity’s version of an ATS, and a couple of others.

What other advice do I have?

Implementing this product takes time and you will need to be relieved of your current duties so that you aren’t working nonstop. Also, anything can be changed.

Download our free Talent Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about SilkRoad, Cornerstone OnDemand, Halogen Software, and more!
Updated: May 2022