IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Scylla OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Scylla is #7 ranked solution in top NoSQL Databases. PeerSpot users give Scylla an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Scylla is most commonly compared to MongoDB: Scylla vs MongoDB. Scylla is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the NoSQL Databases Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Scylla?

Scylla is an open source drop-in replacement for Apache Cassandra with scale-up performance of 1,000,000 IOPS per node, scale-out to hundreds of nodes and 99% latency of < 1msec.  Available as a managed service (Scylla Cloud), on popular cloud providers or on-prem

Scylla Customers

IBM, Investing.com, mParticle, Comcast, GE, Fanatics, Ola, CERN, adgear, Samsung

Scylla Video

Scylla Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Scylla pricing:
"I believe that there is a yearly licensing cost and that it's expensive."

Scylla Reviews

Consultant at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Is lightweight and requires less infrastructure, but data export and support need improvement
  • "It is lightweight, and it requires less infrastructure."
  • "Data export, along with how we can purchase the data periodically, needs to be improved so that the storage is within control. Then, we could optimize it even better."

What is our primary use case?

Scylla is used as a cache. Once the data is ingested into the product during the initial load, a version of it is stored in Scylla DB, and this is then used by the other transformation services to query and make updates during ongoing loads. That is, it is being queried by other services to make the updates whenever deletes occur.

What is most valuable?

It is lightweight, and it requires less infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

This is not a very old product, and it's seven or eight months old.

We would like to leverage it on the public cloud, but due to some limitations at the moment, it's on the cloud but using IAS. We have virtual machines, and there, we have created the cluster.

NoSQL Databases
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ScyllaDB, MongoDB, Aerospike and others in NoSQL Databases. Updated: July 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's pretty much stable. We have been in production for six months now, and I haven't seen it go down. We have had a few instances where one or two of the nodes have gone down, but the cluster has been stable.

Scalability in performance is good. We can add more nodes and have more scalability. We have about 200 people using this solution.

Support and the availability of support need improvement. I would give them a six out of ten.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The architecture team did some tests and performance benchmarking, and they found out that in comparison to that for other tools almost one eighth or one tenth of the infrastructure was required for Scylla and that the performance was the same.

This is built on using C++, and it's very lightweight, whereas the others were using too much infrastructure. These are some of the reasons why Scylla was chosen.

I believe that there is a yearly licensing cost and that it's expensive.

The architecture team evaluated MongoDB and Cassandra.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I would give Scylla a seven out of ten for our use case.

Download our free NoSQL Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about ScyllaDB, MongoDB, Aerospike, and more!
Updated: July 2022