SAS Predictive Analytics OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAS Predictive Analytics is the #6 ranked solution in top Predictive Analytics tools. PeerSpot users give SAS Predictive Analytics an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. SAS Predictive Analytics is most commonly compared to DataRobot: SAS Predictive Analytics vs DataRobot. SAS Predictive Analytics is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 14% of all views.

Download the Predictive Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is SAS Predictive Analytics?
SAS Predictive Analytics Customers
MetLife
SAS Predictive Analytics Video

Archived SAS Predictive Analytics Reviews (more than two years old)

User at a tech services company
Good forecasting, reporting, and data integrity, but it needs to be more user-friendly
  • "The most valuable features are forecasting and reporting."
  • "I think that this solution should be more compatible with other software, including open-source solutions."

What is our primary use case?

I have been using this solution in different companies and have used all of the tools like SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Studio. The Studio is where predictive analytics is done.

My use of this solution has been for data analytics in different domains, such as for providing quotes in the financial industry.

I do not deal with the core administration. I typically use it for programming and analytics.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are forecasting and reporting. We have used these features to produce predictive analytics reports for retail clients.

What needs improvement?

The dashboard could be made easier to use. I think that SAS BA represents an evolution of the product in this regard.

If SAS were more flexible in terms of licensing then that would be good, because it costs more than other solutions.

I would like to see more flexibility in the interface so that a person at the managerial level can also make use of it in a basic way.

I have been using SAS Predictive Analytics for the past 12 years.

Predictive Analytics
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, DataRobot, Alteryx and others in Predictive Analytics. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have never had issues in terms of scalability.

I have rarely been in contact with technical support. There are organizational tools and manuals available so we've always tried to handle problems by ourselves, rather than use an external support team.

I have done some predictive analytics with relational databases like SQL Server and Oracle. The interface is different for each of them, but the base of everything is SQL so the main differences are the interface and the syntax.

I think that it requires some basic knowledge for a person to install it, but otherwise, it is straightforward. For somebody with experience, it will be okay. However, there is other software, such as Tableau, that is easier to install than SAS.

Wherever I have worked, there have been sufficient manuals and training to help install it without assistance from a third-party integrator or consultant.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution, although I consider other software as competitive and more user-friendly. SAS is not for everybody. When it comes to data quality and data integrity, SAS is superior, but when it comes to user-friendliness, there is other software that behaves better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.