Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

SAS Enterprise Miner OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

SAS Enterprise Miner is #8 ranked solution in top Data Mining tools and #12 ranked solution in top Data Science Platforms. PeerSpot users give SAS Enterprise Miner an average rating of 6.6 out of 10. SAS Enterprise Miner is most commonly compared to SAS Visual Analytics: SAS Enterprise Miner vs SAS Visual Analytics. SAS Enterprise Miner is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 67% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 17% of all views.

Download the Data Mining Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is SAS Enterprise Miner?
SAS Enterprise Miner is a solution to create accurate predictive and descriptive models on large volumes of data across different sources in the organization. SAS Enterprise Miner offers many features and functionalities for the business analysts to model their data. Some of the business applications are for detecting fraud, minimizing risk, resource demands, reducing asset downtime, campaigns and reduce customer attrition.

SAS Enterprise Miner was previously known as Enterprise Miner.

SAS Enterprise Miner Customers
Generali Hellas, Gitanjali Group, Gloucestershire Constabulary, GS Home Shopping, HealthPartners, IAG New Zealand, iJET, Invacare
SAS Enterprise Miner Video

SAS Enterprise Miner Pricing Advice

What users are saying about SAS Enterprise Miner pricing:
"The solution is expensive for an individual, but for an enterprise/institution (purchasing bulk licenses), it is not a high price for the use that will come from it."

SAS Enterprise Miner Reviews

Senior Systems Engineer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Good technical support but too complex and not open-source
  • "The technical support is very good."
  • "The solution is much more complex than other options."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily just use the analytical tool section of the solution.

What is most valuable?

The stability is okay.

The technical support is very good.

What needs improvement?

We really don't like the protocols the solution offers.

The solution is much more complex than other options.

We've been using the solution for three or four years, however, it may have been a bit longer.

Data Mining
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, Knime and others in Data Mining. Updated: September 2022.
635,162 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I don't recall having issues with stability. I can't recall if there are bugs or glitches.

I don't really know to much about the scalability of the solution. It's not something I generally dealt with.

I've contacted technical support in the past. I'd say they offer enough of a level of service to us. We're pretty satisfied with their level of service. SAS internal support is very qualified and if we have any issues, we contact them and trust that they can help.

We are thinking to replace SAS with something like Anaconda. Actually, we are using Anaconda with Jupyter NET, however, we need to collect more details about Anaconda and other open-source analytic tools that could replace SAS.

I don't have too much information on the initial setup, however, it's my understanding that it's quite complex.

We'd prefer it if the solution was open source. That would make it less expensive.

What other advice do I have?

We're using Enterprise Guide simultaneously with Enterprise Miner.

From my perspective, I believe that open-source analytics tools are closer to fitting our needs. We prefer open-source options like Anaconda. They offer good support and features. Anaconda also integrates well with Jupyter NET, which is important for us.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a five. If there were better protocols and wasn't as complex as it is, I'd rate it a bit higher.

AtherKhan - PeerSpot reviewer
Head Of Risk Management at a financial services firm with 11-50 employees
A comprehensive data analytics tool with several valuable features, satisfactory technical support, and a stable build
  • "I found the ease of use of the solution the most valuable. Additionally, other valuable features include: the user interface, power to extract data, compatibility with other technologies (specifically with PS400), and automation of several tasks."
  • "The initial setup is challenging if doing it for the first time."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of the solution was to perform fraud modeling techniques for a financial institution.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

One improvement I would suggest is the compatibility with Microsoft SQL and to improve all communications to the solution.

For a future release, I would like for the solution to be combined with other product offerings as opposed to a lot of separate solutions. For example, Text Miner is a separate product. I have to spend additional money to purchase a license for Text Miner.

I have been using the solution for four years.

The stability of the solution depends on the machine that is being used to run it. For example, if the machine's RAM is low, then issues may arise when dealing with large amounts of data.

The solution helped me scale up several of my analytical projects.

The customer service/technical support for this solution was satisfactory.

The initial setup is challenging if doing it for the first time.

What other advice do I have?

Individuals using this solution should be familiar with analytical techniques before they start with Enterprise Miner. Additionally, they should know the difference between SAS and SQL and understand why are they are using one or the other.

SAS is not a software development tool. Most people think that they will create applications using SAS, which is not true. It is an analytical tool and helps automate some of your tasks.

Download our free Data Mining Report and find out what your peers are saying about SAS, IBM, Knime, and more!
Updated: September 2022