IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Riverbed AppResponse OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Riverbed AppResponse is #21 ranked solution in APM tools and #31 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Riverbed AppResponse an average rating of 8 out of 10. Riverbed AppResponse is most commonly compared to Dynatrace: Riverbed AppResponse vs Dynatrace. Riverbed AppResponse is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Application Performance Management (APM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Riverbed AppResponse?

Riverbed® AppResponse delivers full stack application analysis—from packets to web pages to end-user experience—letting you observe all network and application interactions as they cross the wire, whether they are encrypted or not. Using powerful, flexible network and application analytics and workflows, AppResponse speeds problem diagnosis and resolution, helping you get to answers fast

Riverbed AppResponse was previously known as OPNET SteelCentral AppResponse, ACE Live, OPNET, AppResponse Xpert.

Riverbed AppResponse Customers

N11.com, OneMain Financial, China Bank, Halkbank, Kaust

Riverbed AppResponse Video

Riverbed AppResponse Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Riverbed AppResponse pricing:
  • "The solution is no more expensive than other products."
  • "The price is a little bit high, especially because we have to pay an import tax."
  • Riverbed AppResponse Reviews

Senior Performance and Architecture Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
    A scalable, and stable solution for one's capacity and debugging needs
    • "When it comes to the ability to scale up the product, this is suitable for small medium and large environments,"
    • "The AI features should be addressed in respect of the analysis and intelligence that must be supported and delivered in the tool to predigest the large amounts of data."

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for application performance, as well as capacity. We also use it for debugging. As we have a packet, we can look to this should the need arise.

What is most valuable?

This kind of question is nonsensical to me since the tool is selected based on the service it is supposed to provide. No tool is simple, in as much as they all require certain competency skills. Firstly, a proper and wide range of the IT system is required. Secondly, there must be sufficient time to learn about the format of the tool, how it is designed and how it must be used. This applies to every tool, be it APM, NPM or SIEM. With this in mind, it is up to the user to have the competency and requisite knowledge of the landscape and system so that he may use it properly.  Of course, there are certain tools which have, lets say, a nicer dashboard than others, such as Dynatrace. But, the dashboard is merely an extra service provided by the tool. The actual purposes of the tool and its attendant advantages is not the dashboard. It is to provide intelligence for understanding and analyzing the traffic and for reproducing and doing synthetics. Really, this question comes back to the person involved, the one who purchases the product and defines its need.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse for perhaps six or seven years.
    Application Performance Management (APM)
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Riverbed, Dynatrace, AppDynamics and others in Application Performance Management (APM). Updated: June 2022.
    607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable.

First there is a need to define the term flexibility, whether we are talking about the capacity of the tool to be used in various, multiple diverse environment, or its capacity to be, let's say, customized in terms of GUI for the user.  When it comes to flexibility, I start with certain predefined rules, such as those respecting the dashboard. I can then easily add my own rules to match my goals and environment. When it comes to the ability to scale up the product, this is suitable for small medium and large environments, PPG and Volkswagon being examples. It is no secret that we are a big company and the solution allows for growth and absorption.

The installation is complex, although this rule applies to all tools. Consequently, there are no improvements of which to speak of in this area. It has been a number of years since installation took place.

The solution is no more expensive than other products. At the end of the day all solutions are always expensive. It all depends on how one wishes to spend his money. There are a host of solutions, some being open source, others being GitHub and there are expenses involved in the manpower requirements relating to their internal maintenance.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Riverbed SteelCentral AppResponse as an eight out of ten, as I do not consider it to be the best in its class. A nine I would reserve for Dynatrace or AppDynamics.

Hybrid Cloud
    Drew Thornton - PeerSpot reviewer
    Solutions Expert at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Reseller
    Good visibility with excellent stability and the capability to scale
    • "We really like the scalability capabilities."
    • "The pricing is on the higher side of things. If they could lower it, that would be ideal."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of the solution is the visibility. The full visibility that you get from the backend is excellent.

The stability is great.

We really like the scalability capabilities.

What needs improvement?

I'm not sure if I see room for improvement at this point. It works quite well for us. I'm not sure what other vendors offer, so it's hard for me to look at it and see things that may be missing from the offering.

I've been using this solution for five years at this point. It's been a while.

We like the stability on offer. There aren't bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's good.

The scalability is good. If a company needs to expand it out, they can do so with relative ease.

This is the only product I use. I've never worked with a different solution. I don't know what else might be similar on the market.

The pricing could be more competitive. It's a little high.

I only really know about this solution. I don't really know what else is on offer and haven't done any other evaluations.

What other advice do I have?

We're a reseller of this product.

On a scale from one to ten, we'd rate it at an eight.

Application Performance Management (APM)
    June 2022
    607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Aklilu Shifera - PeerSpot reviewer
    Systems Engineer at Symbol Technologies PLC
    MSP
    Provides good performance monitoring that is scalable to our enterprise customers
    • "The most valuable feature is performance monitoring."
    • "Technical support needs to be more responsive."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the monitoring products that we implement for our clients. Our customers are typically government departments, and it is also used in enterprise data centers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is performance monitoring.

What needs improvement?

We often have problems when it comes to integration with products from other vendors. With the products we sell, we are often looking to build holistic solutions.

Technical support needs to be more responsive.

I have been using this product for the past four or five years.

We have not faced any scalability issues.

Technical support has been a problem for us. We had trouble with incompatibility during the implementation phase and they were a little bit late when it came to answering us.

What other advice do I have?

We resell a lot of physical security systems that include cameras and access control. This product helps us to monitor performance of these environments.

Download our free Application Performance Management (APM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Riverbed, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, and more!
    Updated: June 2022