IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Recruitee OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Recruitee is #6 ranked solution in best Applicant Tracking Systems. PeerSpot users give Recruitee an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Recruitee is most commonly compared to Teamtailor: Recruitee vs Teamtailor. Recruitee is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 42% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 35% of all views.
Recruitee Buyer's Guide

Download the Recruitee Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Recruitee?

Recruitee is an innovative Talent Acquisition Platform, designed for recruiters and hiring managers alike. With Recruitee you can use data to continuously optimize every aspect of your recruitment process. From reducing hiring costs to tweaking your workflow to perfection, Recruitee helps you acquire the very best talent. Recruitee's award-winning software is used by high-growth companies such as Lacoste, VICE, Dunkin' Donuts, Hotjar, Engie, and Karl Lagerfeld.

Recruitee Customers

We work with businesses of all sizes: SME's, corporates, independent recruiters, etc.

Recruitee Video

Recruitee Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Recruitee pricing:
  • "Its pricing is quite reasonable. Recruitee was more favorable price-wise as compared to other solutions."
  • "When we bought it, it was good in terms of quality and cost. It was not very expensive, but I heard that quite soon after that, they changed their way of pricing, which meant that the price went up quite substantially. Earlier, you had to just pay for the number of vacancies or slots that you wanted to use in the organization. We bought 10 slots, and they changed that system. I don't know how it works now because I don't work there anymore. Licensing was on a yearly basis. You selected a number of slots and paid for that year. You could buy more, but you couldn't go for less. We had to pay a setup or implementation fee. Support was included in the license."
  • "It was amazing, but right now, they got more expensive due to the different plans that they offer. They offer basic, intermediate, and advanced plans. It used to be really easy. You could just have a number of slots as vacancies, and that's what you paid for. Now, you pay for the number of slots and the plan you have, and it got a lot more expensive. I think we had a 40% increase in price. Support is always included in the license."
  • Recruitee Reviews

Mohammed Babiker - PeerSpot reviewer
    Business Analyst at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    A solid, easy-to-use, and simple solution that quickens the hiring process and supports a lot of automation
    • "In general, the platform is very simple to customize. We have previously used different ERP/funneling platforms, such as Pipedrive. They were all great, but they were very complicated to set up and very confusing. Getting someone completely new to use them was a pretty big headache, but Recruitee is very easy to use. It is very easy to get someone completely new to learn everything and use the project in one day. It provides the ease of onboarding people and the ease of use. It is not trying to be more than it is. It is just about hiring, and it focuses just on the hiring process, communicating with people, and going to multiple hiring stages. Most ERP/hiring solutions have massive integrations and customizations. They try to provide a lot of things in the platform, but Recruitee is there just to recruit. It is very linear. It just does its job well and doesn't try to be what it is not."
    • "One of the minor problems was that when we sent mass emails to every applicant at one stage, some people didn't receive the email. It would go into some kind of a spam box or something. It took us quite a while to figure this out. Of course, this is a general problem with emails, but some other platforms have better ways to find this, warn, or give you best practices. With Recruitee, it took us quite a while to figure out that the problem is happening and how to deal with it. That was one of the minor issues. Another issue was related to communication. They have a support team, but it takes quite a while to hear back on some of the issues. They don't work on weekends. It was a little unusual for a SaaS product."

What is our primary use case?

The company that I worked with was a hiring company here in Saudi Arabia. We were working to build a hiring platform. We used Recruitee in-house for the company, and we found it to be such a useful and efficient platform that we started to use it as our tool until we can build our own platform or hiring tool. It was SaaS at first, and then we hosted it on our own.

How has it helped my organization?

Before this, we had our own platform for hiring, but it was quite simple and quite limited in its capabilities. Using Recruitee really allowed us to take a break and see a more developed and grounded platform that does things. We learned a lot from Recruitee in developing our own solution and focusing on our niche. Later on, we used it to hire again for ourselves. Even though this company has its own platform and it is working well, they still use Recruitee for their own hiring. If you apply to this company, they will be using their Recruitee website or webpage.

What is most valuable?

In general, the platform is very simple to customize. We have previously used different ERP/funneling platforms, such as Pipedrive. They were all great, but they were very complicated to set up and very confusing. Getting someone completely new to use them was a pretty big headache, but Recruitee is very easy to use. It is straightforward to get someone completely new to learn everything and use the project in one day.

It provides the ease of onboarding people and the ease of use. It is not trying to be more than it is. It is just about hiring, and it focuses just on the hiring process, communicating with people, and going to multiple hiring stages. Most ERP/hiring solutions have massive integrations and customizations. They try to provide a lot of things in the platform, but Recruitee is there just to recruit. It is very linear. It just does its job well and doesn't try to be what it is not.

What needs improvement?

One of the minor problems was that when we sent mass emails to every applicant at one stage, some people didn't receive the email. It would go into a spam box. It took us quite a while to figure this out. Of course, this is a general problem with emails, but some other platforms have better ways to find this, warn, or give you best practices. With Recruitee, it took us quite a while to figure out that the problem is happening and how to deal with it. That was one of the minor issues.

Another issue was related to communication. They have a support team, but it takes quite a while to hear back on some of the issues. They don't work on weekends. It was a little unusual for a SaaS product.

Recruitee
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Recruitee. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    622,063 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I used this solution for six months. I used it quite extensively during this period.

It was pretty good. There was just one afternoon where the service was down for maintenance. In the whole period that we worked, there were very few issues with stability.

It has very good tiers. Their pricing is quite reasonable. We only scaled twice while I was there. I am not sure about the super high companies, but at least for getting started and setting yourself up and becoming, let's say, a mid-sized company, it is a very good and suitable solution.

In terms of the number of applications that we were working with, the largest number was around 1,000 active applications. These applications were past the first stage, and we were moving them through the second and third stages. For much larger entities, I guess it would be a little bit trickier.

In terms of the number of users, we had a maximum of ten people from accounts. One or two people from marketing were the main people, and they mainly designed the messages that would be automated. We had two or three people reviewing the support. They were handling all messages, communication, and applicant questions on the platform. The rest were just managers going over the whole thing and making sure that everything is working well and sometimes fiddling with the rules.

It takes quite a while to hear back on some of the issues from their support team. They don't work on weekends. When they do get back, they try their best to fix it.

If we were asking for a new feature or something that they should add, they used to communicate, "Okay. This is a new feature," or "We haven't implemented this yet. Since you are interested in it, we'll add it to our list of features in the future." On one specific occasion, they did implement an issue soon after we reported the issue or annoyance, which was nice.

We had multiple stages, and I looked at the configurations and just tried to implement it. One of the nice things is that you can very easily write your hiring rules into it, add notes, and attach and move people in bulk actions with bulk emails and triggers. There is a lot of automation. It is very easy to add other things. Most platforms have or let you use a plugin that has automation, but with Recruitee, it is again very simple and straightforward.

We were able to automate a lot of processes that we had to do manually previously, which was very nice. It took maybe a week or two weeks to fully set it up. For it to be used to its full potential, it took about a month.

I was the main person working to set it up. I am not sure about the details of the deployment on the technical side because it was mostly somebody else. I set up the webpage and put the rules for the procedures. Any manual work that had to be done was done by me, and I was also managing people.

We were able to really quicken our hiring process for other companies. It was ten times faster than before. We were able to focus on developing our website, which has been doing pretty well. It really gave us the space that we needed at the time.

Its pricing is quite reasonable. Recruitee was more favorable price-wise as compared to other solutions.

It was less of an evaluation and more of an exploration. We just tried out multiple platforms. I was the main person doing that. We tried using our own product, which wasn't the best. We were using one more tool, Workable. It was a good tool, but it was very pricey. Recruitee was more favorable price-wise. We also used Pipedrive for some of the hirings.

The main distinguisher was its simplicity. The pricing was a nice plus, but it was mainly the simplicity, the ease of use, and the ease of introduction. Our company had a high turnover. Getting people quickly into the system was quite important to us. Just being able to set something up very quickly and then change it very quickly was also very important for us. The flexibility that Recruitee gave us was high, which was its main selling point.

What other advice do I have?

I mainly recommend Recruitee for startups. The way they work is that they are free up to a certain amount of emails gives you a pretty wide scope to work with, especially as a startup. There is also the ease of setup. Any intern in your team can set it up, manage it, and go through it. You don't have to worry about that. Other than for conglomerate companies that tend to have a really complex hiring process and need ten different integrations, Recruitee is generally a pretty good, solid, and simple recruiting solution. If you're not sure, you can very easily just try it for free. The trial isn't by a period. It is by email or by use. They give you a chance to really use it well before you decide.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this solution is to just focus on the value that you deliver and the problem that you are solving. Before using Recruitee, with our platform, we were trying to solve every problem related to hiring in our region, which just made the platform that we were using a little too generic. It did not really solve anyone's problem particularly well. After using it, we decided to go into something that is hyper-specific. It really gave us the space to just do that. If something works for normal hiring, there is no need to redevelop it. Just focus on what doesn't work.

I would rate Recruitee a nine out of ten for what it does. It really tackles its problem well, and there are very minor complaints. It does what it does, and that's what I need.

Bernadine Dirks - PeerSpot reviewer
    Project Manager at a engineering company with 11-50 employees
    A user-friendly solution that provides a good overview and the flexibility to alter the funnel and assign tasks
    • "What really impressed me was the ease with which you could alter the funnel. You could add steps to the funnel or just leave steps out. It provided flexibility. You could also assign specific people in the organization per vacancy. It is user-friendly, and it has a very good overview. When you open the screen with all the vacancies, it is very easy to see your overview. You can also assign the tasks that you have to somebody, which is something that not every system has."
    • "We found the evaluation of interviews offered in Recruitee too complicated, so we didn't use that. They offer a way to rate and evaluate interviews, but it was a little bit more complicated, so we didn't use that. It was also a little bit harder to find where this feature was located. What surprised me was that if you have one vacancy and you want to announce it, for example, in the Netherlands in Dutch and also in English, that wasn't possible. In such a case, you need to open two vacancies, but then, of course, your reporting is off. It would be really beneficial if they can offer the possibility of posting one position in multiple languages. In this particular organization, it was not really that much of an issue because it was a local organization. I understood from the person responsible for connecting Recruitee to career sites that there were some things that you struggled with, especially with regards to banners, pictures, photos, and things like that. I did not do it myself. On the backend, I personally didn't really have any issues. It could maybe have integration with Outlook so that you can plan interviews straight from the system, and they also show up in the Outlook calendars of the managers."

What is our primary use case?

I was working for a company with about 150 employees, and they had about 10 vacancies in a year. They did not have any ATS, and they wanted to implement an ATS system. They decided on Recruitee. We were using the enterprise version.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefits were that the hiring managers could now track their vacancies themselves because we added them to their own vacancies. They did not have to wait and call HR to see the status. They could just go into the system and check themselves, which was a really big step for them.

All candidates applied via the system because of which they had all the candidates in one place. Before using this solution, candidates were all over the organization. The hiring manager had a few candidates that came in and the recruiter had a few. Somebody else in the organization also had some candidates. Candidates were spread all over the organization, and after Recruitee, they were all clustered within the system.

What is most valuable?

What really impressed me was the ease with which you could alter the funnel. You could add steps to the funnel or just leave steps out. It provided flexibility. You could also assign specific people in the organization per vacancy.

It is user-friendly, and it has a very good overview. When you open the screen with all the vacancies, it is very easy to see your overview. You can also assign the tasks that you have to somebody, which is something that not every system has.

What needs improvement?

We found the evaluation of interviews offered in Recruitee too complicated, so we didn't use that. They offer a way to rate and evaluate interviews, but it was a little bit more complicated, so we didn't use that. It was also a little bit harder to find where this feature was located.

What surprised me was that if you have one vacancy and you want to announce it, for example, in the Netherlands in Dutch and also in English, that wasn't possible. In such a case, you need to open two vacancies, but then, of course, your reporting is off. It would be really beneficial if they can offer the possibility of posting one position in multiple languages. In this particular organization, it was not really that much of an issue because it was a local organization.

I understood from the person responsible for connecting Recruitee to career sites that there were some things that you struggled with, especially with regards to banners, pictures, photos, and things like that. I did not do it myself. On the backend, I personally didn't really have any issues.

I have used it for about two to three months.

I did not encounter any issues with regard to stability, but, of course, two to three months is not a very long time.

It works best if you do not have that many vacancies. For example, if you are a multinational and you have hundreds of vacancies, it would not be the right product for you. It would be perfect for an organization that has up to 40 or 50 vacancies a year and up to 250 employees.

In terms of the number of users, we had about 15 to 20 people. We had 3 recruiters and about 10 hiring managers. There was a key user who handled the backend in terms of setup and changing things. There were also interviewers.

In terms of usage, they had 10 slots or vacancies, and I do not think that they will extend. Usually, at the beginning of the year, they have some vacancies, and after that, it is just when somebody leaves. They're quite stable, so during the year, they don't have that many vacancies, so they can do with 10 slots or vacancies.

I found their technical support really good because they have a really big glossary setup. There are a lot of things that you can look up yourself if you don't know, and then they have a chat service that also works really well.

You don't have to create a ticket. It is just a chat service. When you're in the system and there are things that you're not sure about or have questions about, you just open the chat. A lot of time, they can straightaway give you an answer, and if they don't, they will come back to you. They probably created a ticket for that.

They didn't have anything in the company. I have used a lot of similar solutions. I have worked a lot with Workday, and I have also got experience with SuccessFactors. They're both quite similar, and they're really for bigger organizations. I have also used Taleo and PeopleSoft.

Recruitee has a very good overview. When you open the screen with all the vacancies, it is very easy to see your overview. You can also assign the tasks that you have to somebody, which is something that not every system has and is a very big plus. We found the evaluation of interviews offered in Recruitee too complicated, so we didn't use that.

It was quite straightforward. I had set up other systems before, and Recruitee was one of the most logical and easy-to-use solutions.

We were a team of three. It was me who customized it, a person from marketing who did the integration to the website, and a project manager who was basically just managing the process. She didn't do anything with the system itself.

The deployment took six weeks. In terms of the implementation strategy, we summed up all the requirements in terms of what are we going to change. We then translated these requirements to how can we do that in this system. We also did some testing with the HR manager to see if she agreed with the setup that we made. After that, we deployed it and did the training of the users.

The solution itself does not require that much maintenance. It requires maintenance only if you would like to change things. The recruiters would have to maintain the data in the system.

I left two to three months after the implementation. I would assume they have seen ROI from using this solution.

When we bought it, it was good in terms of quality and cost. It was not very expensive, but I heard that quite soon after that, they changed their way of pricing, which meant that the price went up quite substantially. Earlier, you had to just pay for the number of vacancies or slots that you wanted to use in the organization. We bought 10 slots, and they changed that system. I don't know how it works now because I don't work there anymore.

Licensing was on a yearly basis. You selected a number of slots and paid for that year. You could buy more, but you couldn't go for less. We had to pay a setup or implementation fee. Support was included in the license.

What other advice do I have?

It works best if you have a very clear picture of your recruitment process so that you can create the funnel that suits you best. I would advise working closely with somebody who has a lot of knowledge of how your own website is built up so that you can make the connection easily.

My biggest tip for others is to look into the training of the users. A lot of times, the hiring managers say that it is easy, and they have understood, but when they start working with it, it turns out that they don't understand it sufficiently. The lesson that I learned is that you really have to take time to train them and all users. Do not let them slip just because they say that they are very tech-savvy, and they will understand or find their way. Sometimes they do things in the system, and you have to correct all those steps.

I would rate Recruitee an eight out of ten. It might not be the right solution for larger and complex organizations or multinationals. It is a really good system for smaller organizations. It will bring them a lot of benefits.

Private Cloud
    Recruitee
    July 2022
    622,063 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Jessica Van Der Vaart - PeerSpot reviewer
    Recruitment Specialist at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
    Good privacy, intuitive, and saves time, but needs a better GDPR system and more customizations
    • "I really like the privacy within Recruitee. I can add multiple hiring managers and manage all different vacancies without them having or being able to see what's going on in other vacancies. It is quite easy to use. I can easily add another colleague. It is straightforward and intuitive. I don't even have to explain to hiring managers how it works for us because they are able to figure it out once they click on it."
    • "The GDPR system needs some improvement. They say that you automatically have approval when you just add a CV. I might not have even asked for it. I would like to have a better GDPR system that asks or sends a request for saving data. It is not completely customizable. Sometimes, I can't do the things that I want to do. I would like to edit our career website, but I can only change the main page of our career website. I can't change the layout or pictures within our vacancies. They have it all automized to disable. We do everything that we can to make it as good as we can for Google for jobs, but I miss some of the checkpoints for Google for jobs, and I can't edit them myself."

What is our primary use case?

I use Recruitee for corporate recruitment. I post all our vacancies in Recruitee, and they automatically get posted on Indeed and Google for jobs. I then add another couple of promotions there. I basically manage the whole process from Recruitee. I am using its Enterprise version.

How has it helped my organization?

Time-saving is the biggest benefit. Ease of communication is another benefit. We don't communicate through email, phone, and other things. We use Recruitee as our communication system.

What is most valuable?

I really like the privacy within Recruitee. I can add multiple hiring managers and manage all different vacancies without them having or being able to see what's going on in other vacancies.

It is quite easy to use. I can easily add another colleague. It is straightforward and intuitive. I don't even have to explain to hiring managers how it works for us because they are able to figure it out once they click on it.

What needs improvement?

The GDPR system needs some improvement. They say that you automatically have approval when you just add a CV. I might not have even asked for it. I would like to have a better GDPR system that asks or sends a request for saving data.

It is not completely customizable. Sometimes, I can't do the things that I want to do. I would like to edit our career website, but I can only change the main page of our career website. I can't change the layout or pictures within our vacancies. They have it all automized to disable. We do everything that we can to make it as good as we can for Google for jobs, but I miss some of the checkpoints for Google for jobs, and I can't edit them myself.

We've been working with it for almost a year now.

It has pretty good stability. We did have some issues lately, but it is pretty stable now.

They changed the plans in terms of what's included and what's not, which made it a little bit more difficult to scale up or down. You can scale up, but scaling down is very hard. At first, they had plans for 5 to 10 or 10 to 15 vacancies. We needed an upgrade from that, which got really difficult.

They had basic, intermediate, and corporate plans. We were somewhere in between the first two, but now we have to choose between one and two, and we were like, "We just want more slots. Don't give us such a hassle with this." When we started, we had the whole Recruitee system, and we had 15 slots. Now, you don't only have 15 slots. You also have plans A, B, and C, which made it a little bit more difficult for us. Its price has changed as well.

In terms of the number of users, we have two frequent users: me and an HR colleague. We also have 42 teammates. They're just the hiring managers.

In terms of plans to increase its usage, I use it every day and all day. I don't know if I can extend it. I have taken it as far as I can for now.

Their technical support is pretty good. They're pretty quick in response, and they try to solve things pretty quickly for you. As long as it is after 9:00 and before 5:00, they respond very quickly. Outside that timeframe, you just have to wait till the next day. They are in Europe, but I'm not sure where exactly. Our data is probably stored somewhere in Germany.

They weren't using any other system in this company. They were just using Excel. I worked here on the project base, and I'm hired for now. I introduced Recruitee to them, but I've worked with several systems with other clients or companies, such as Career X, People Access, and Micro Deck.

Recruitee is really for corporate recruitment. It is not made for temporary assignment companies that only work on project-basis. It works really well if you work at a company and you try to fill in their vacancies, and you don't have to work with clients, different names, and different people.

The initial setup was very easy. I got a login ID, and I could just do whatever I want within the system. I could fully customize it to how we want to work with it. After that, I edit my colleagues, and that's it. We started working on it. We didn't transfer any data, so we started to use it within a day.

In terms of the implementation strategy, we adjusted it as much as we can to our application process and all the steps within the whole process, from posting new jobs to hiring somebody and starting.

They take care of its maintenance by themselves. We just get a notification that it has been upgraded.

We have seen an ROI in time management. We saved a lot of time. We have a lot more overview, and I can actually set up reports. In March, I'm going to look back at a whole year for the first time. They didn't have this data previously. They only managed who applied and how long did it take to fill in the job. Now, I have everything. I know where they come from and how long it has been in the process individually and as a full vacancy. I have so much more data now.

It was amazing, but right now, they got more expensive due to the different plans that they offer. They offer basic, intermediate, and advanced plans. It used to be really easy. You could just have a number of slots as vacancies, and that's what you paid for. Now, you pay for the number of slots and the plan you have, and it got a lot more expensive. I think we had a 40% increase in price. Support is always included in the license.

What other advice do I have?

It is so easy to use, and it works well for corporate recruitment. If you use it for corporate and that's it, it is good. It is a good solution if you want something that is just easy and manageable and not that difficult for people you work with, You can easily set it up for your career website. It is pretty much like an easy step into an APS system if you've never worked with something before.

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using Recruitee is to do really good negotiations beforehand regarding scalability. Scalability was something that we really struggled with in this system.

I would rate Recruitee a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Download our free Recruitee Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022