Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Rapid7 InsightAppSec OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Rapid7 InsightAppSec is #2 ranked solution in top Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) tools. PeerSpot users give Rapid7 InsightAppSec an average rating of 9.4 out of 10. Rapid7 InsightAppSec is most commonly compared to Rapid7 AppSpider: Rapid7 InsightAppSec vs Rapid7 AppSpider. Rapid7 InsightAppSec is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.
Rapid7 InsightAppSec Buyer's Guide

Download the Rapid7 InsightAppSec Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Rapid7 InsightAppSec?

Your web applications may be complex, but your application security testing tool doesn’t need to be. InsightAppSec brings Rapid7’s proven Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST) technology to the Insight platform, combining powerful application crawling and attack capabilities, flexibility in scan scope and scheduling, and accuracy in results with a modern UI, intuitive workflows, and sensible data organization. This enables you to identify XSS, SQL injection, CSRF, and other vulnerabilities with unparalleled ease. The best part? All of these capabilities are delivered via the cloud so that you’re up and running in minutes to identify the critical security risks that exist in your applications.

Rapid7 InsightAppSec was previously known as InsightAppSec.

Rapid7 InsightAppSec Customers

CenterPoint Energy, CPA Australia, Hypertherm, First American Financial Corporation, Rackspace

Rapid7 InsightAppSec Video

Archived Rapid7 InsightAppSec Reviews (more than two years old)

Ascast - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Analyst at Millennium Technology Group
Leaderboard
Great stable and scalable solution with a very easy templates feature

What is our primary use case?

To scan our Web applications.

How has it helped my organization?

Opportunity to find vulnerabilities and procedures of remediation for our web applications,

What is most valuable?

The most common attack templates are easy to access and apply. For example, the OWASP 2017 template contains up to 64 opponent techniques that we can evaluate in our applications.

What needs improvement?

I find the AppSec interface for defining scans and targets a bit confusing at first, but with practice the logic of the operation flow is understood.

Fortify WebInspect vs. Rapid7 InsightAppSec
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Fortify WebInspect vs. Rapid7 InsightAppSec and other solutions. Updated: September 2022.
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for about four to six months.

We haven't had any issues about this.

Because is a cloud solution, scalability is not an issue.

We have not yet had experience with Insight AppSec support cases.

The initial setup is very easy and straightforward.

Private Cloud
Natthapong Fongsin - PeerSpot reviewer
Assistant Technical Manager at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Excellent web scanning, good technical support, but lacks decent reporting
  • "The initial setup for us was easy enough. We didn't face too many issues. Deployment took maybe 30 minutes. It's quite quick and doesn't cause too much trouble at the outset."
  • "The reporting is definitely an aspect of the solution that's in need of some work. We found that we'd try to use widgets, but often getting them to work for us wasn't very clear. They need to be more user friendly or offer better instructions."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily used the solution to help us with analysis on our customer website. We also used it for our internal website in order to check security.

What is most valuable?

The way the solution arranged the web scanning was the most valuable aspect for us.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs to have a softcore scan or scan that integrates better with the content.

In total, I've used the solution for about one year.

The solution is stable. It's good in terms of stability. That's not really any cause for concern. For users, if the internet connection becomes an issue, they will run into problems. If the internet is interrupted, they will have to re-scan. For us, we had some issues and had to reconfigure part of the scan. I'm not sure if the bandwidth of the internet was an issue on our side (in the office) or if something was happening with Rapid7.

It's quite easy to scale up for businesses that need to grow out the product. Users can just buy more licenses. It's quite easy, but of course, it will cost more. That would be the only prohibitive factor for some people or companies.

We would sometimes need to reach out to technical support. This was only in instances when the product would crash or come down. Overall, I can say they were pretty good. We didn't have any issues with them and always found them helpful.

We haven't used a similar product to Rapid7. This was our first time using this type of technology, so we have nothing to compare it to.

One or two people handled the deployment process. You don't need too many people or too many work hours to get everything up and running.

We didn't need any outside help. Our company is quite technical and we have an IT engineer as part of the team. We have the knowledge in-house to handle implementations in general.

We had a yearly license for a team of five or six people. I'm not sure what the cost was for Rapid7 overall as I don't handle the finances in my company.

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure of what version of the solution we had been using at our organization previously. As of right now, the license has expired on Rapid7. We haven't been using it for about one month. It hasn't been too long since we stopped with regular usage.

We used Rapid7's cloud when we were running the program.

We had a team of about five or six people that had access to the product when we were using it.

If a company needs an effective product for web scanning, I can recommend this product. It's a great product. We found it to be quite effective in that regard. However, it did not help us to understand the web availability. This was something it lacked.

I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

Other
Fortify WebInspect vs. Rapid7 InsightAppSec
September 2022
635,987 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Mat Greensides - PeerSpot reviewer
Secury Administrator at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
It integrates well with the rest of my systems
  • "We have seen measurable decrease in the mean time to respond to threats by 20 percent."
  • "I would like more details of what the product can do."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is vulnerability scanning and discovering.

How has it helped my organization?

• Visibility
  • Realization of how my systems are developed.
  • An identification of vulnerabilities.

What is most valuable?

How it integrates with the rest of my systems. I like how they have done some scanning which is reaching into my environment.

What needs improvement?

I would like more details of what the product can do.

For the new vulnerabilities and information which comes out, I would like to see them do some specific in-house application testing for companies who do their own application development.

Three to five years.

The technical support is very helpful. I have used them in the last month.

Our previous solution was not as robust, so we needed this solution in order to achieve our goals and objectives.

I think the initial setup was straightforward.

We did it ourselves.

We have seen measurable decrease in the mean time to respond to threats by 20 percent.

We have seen staff productivity increase by approximately one team member.

We were kind of adopted into this because a sister company of ours also had this solution. Therefore, we just integrated and adopted it instead of looking for others.

What other advice do I have?

Give it a try. It exceeds my expectations, and I'm curious to see what else they can release.