Quest NetVault OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Quest NetVault is the #31 ranked solution in best Backup and Recovery Software. PeerSpot users give Quest NetVault an average rating of 7.6 out of 10. Quest NetVault is most commonly compared to Veeam Backup & Replication: Quest NetVault vs Veeam Backup & Replication. Quest NetVault is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.
Quest NetVault Buyer's Guide

Download the Quest NetVault Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Quest NetVault?

Cloud-ready data recovery software for the hybrid data center. Protect your applications and data on-premises and in the cloud — from one intuitive console — with this scalable data backup and recovery software. NetVault® by Quest supports multiple server and application platforms in both physical and virtual environments. That means you can ensure continuous availability of your business-critical systems, applications and data.

Quest NetVault was previously known as NetVault Backup, Quest NetVault, Quest NetVault Backup.

Quest NetVault Customers

intel, Mars, MERK, Microsoft, Uber, Visa

Quest NetVault Video

Archived Quest NetVault Reviews (more than two years old)

Technical Manager with 1-10 employees
Good user interface and technical support, but the granularity of file restoration needs improvement
  • "The user interface is good."
  • "I would like to see the option of cloud-based management."

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and this is one of the products that I provide technical support for.

Our customers use it for application and database backup and recovery.

What is most valuable?

The user interface is good.

What needs improvement?

The granularity of file restoration needs to be improved.

I would like to see the option of cloud-based management.

I have been working with Quest NetVault for almost three years.

Quest NetVault
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Quest NetVault. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Every product has known issues when it comes to stability. However, with NetVault, we have not had any serious problems.

We have not had any trouble with scalability.

The technical support from the vendor is good and we don't have any issue with it.

I have worked with several backup and recovery solutions such as Commvault and Veeam.

NetVault does not have the feature set that Commvault has.

If the steps are followed properly then the initial setup will be straightforward.

We implement and deploy NetVault for our customers. If we have any trouble then we eventually resolve it. We don't simply tell the customer that it isn't possible. Ultimately, our customers have been happy with the solution.

What other advice do I have?

Every product has advantages and disadvantages. The suitability of NetVault depends on the customer's environment and the requirements. Customers do not have the same kind of environment, which means that what works fine with one customer may leave another with issues.

This is a good solution, but some products have better features such as archiving and deduplication. In my opinion, Commvault is the best choice for backup and recovery.

I would rate this solution a five out of ten.

Solution architect at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
An initial straightforward setup but the restore functionality needs improvement
  • "The initial setup is straightforward. It's not that complicated. Deployment took maybe about 15 minutes."
  • "The stability of the solution is poor."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup in retail machines for VMware.

What is most valuable?

I do like that we are able to create backup jobs on the solution.

What needs improvement?

The restore functionality needs improvement. The biggest downgrade from Veea  Backup & Replications is the number of docs that can run at the same time. I also find that because it's a web-based solution it runs slow. You have to wait a while until it refreshes. The refresh needs to be much faster, and the restore has to be more accurate.

I've been using the solution for two months.

The stability of the solution is poor.

Scalability is not so good. We don't have plans to expand. In fact, we have plans to switch to VM.

We have contacted technical support and they've been very good.

We used to use Veeam Backup, but only for testing purposes.

The initial setup is straightforward. It's not that complicated. Deployment took maybe about 15 minutes. The solution takes a lot of maintenance because every day we have to check to see which jobs have failed and then go in and re-edit those jobs. We have two people that work to maintain the system.

What other advice do I have?

We are using the on-premises version of the solution.

I'm not a big fan of it. I much prefer Veeam Backup & Replication.

In terms of advice I could give, If your company is using it for a small business or a small data center of maybe one hundred machines, then the solution would be okay. For us, we are worldwide and we have 10,000 machines. It's much more suited to smaller organizations.

I would rate the solution as five out of ten.

Quest NetVault
November 2022
655,994 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user607839 - PeerSpot reviewer
Global Delivery Consultant at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Instead of searching from each backup, we can search from all the backups. It should have a web interface.

What is most valuable?

The features that help us to search tables/databases available in the backup list are most valuable to us.

Sometimes tables/databases are dropped accidentally by clients. They ask us whether the backup of a particular table/database is available for a particular date. Instead of searching from each backup, we can search from all the backups and the search results shows all the available backups along with backup date and expiration. This feature saves a lot of time and help us to restore things quickly.

The netvault solution was installed on really big scale, we used to manage database and files system backup.
The software was installed on 30 Bar Servers of Europe’s 8 Big Telecom Operators.
Due to official reasons I cannot disclose the name of the telecom companies.
The BAR solution was installed on really big scale.
With the help of this tool we were able to meet the adhoc backup and restore requests from 8 countries in timely manners.
The catalogue databases of netvalut was very efficient and it helped us to search tables/views/dbs from different backup sets in quickway .
Built in reports were very helpful to conduct the analysis of the media utilization and capacity planning.

How has it helped my organization?

This tool was very useful to plan for the really large data backup. We have utilized this tool to backup 150 TB data on a weekly basis.

What needs improvement?

This product should have a web interface.

I have been using this product for three years.

The license expired without any warning and that caused us some problems. There should be a warning in advance.

We never had any scalability issues.

We never had any technical issues, so we never had the opportunity to contact them either.

We never used any other prior solution on that project.

The initial setup was done by another team, so I cannot give any insight on this.

I was not part of the team that made this decision.

What other advice do I have?

This product is very useful and cost effective.

Download our free Quest NetVault Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022