Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is the #10 ranked solution in top IT Asset Management tools. PeerSpot users give Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is most commonly compared to ServiceNow: Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance vs ServiceNow. Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the IT Asset Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance?

The KACE Asset Management Appliance provides comprehensive hardware and software inventory and asset management across a variety of operating systems — Windows®, Mac®, Linux®, UNIX® and Chrome OS™, plus network-connected non-computing devices — through the entire IT asset lifecycle, giving you and your team more time to focus on IT innovation. Fast to implement and easy to use, this tool discovers all hardware and software on your network, and provides ongoing IT inventory management, IT asset management (ITAM) and software asset management (SAM).

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance was previously known as KACE Asset Management Appliance, KACE Asset Management.

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Customers

Coastal Community Credit Union, St. Dominic Hospital

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Video

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance pricing:
"Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance provides two remote desktop licenses which are helpful. The price of the solution is high, it would be beneficial if it was more flexible and less expensive."

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance Reviews

Abhirup Sarkar - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at DMX Technologies
Everything works as per the description and it has a low learning curve
  • "Feature-wise, I think it's more to do with the usability. It's pretty simple and it's got a very low learning curve, so that helps a lot. Feature-wise, things work pretty well as it's provided a lot of information available on the guides and the manuals, and things work as per the description."
  • "The remote desktop tool they are using needs improvement. They have integrated some third-party tools for remote desktop connections but that is a bit complicated. That can be further simplified."

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple types of desktops and laptops that are distributed asset management that we're using to consolidate all the data in a single tool portal. We are also using it to deploy the Windows patches.

What is most valuable?

Feature-wise, I think it's more to do with the usability. It's pretty simple and it's got a very low learning curve, so that helps a lot. Feature-wise, things work pretty well as it's provided a lot of information available on the guides and the manuals and things work as per the description.

What needs improvement?

The remote desktop tool they are using needs improvement. They have integrated some third-party tools for remote desktop connections but that is a bit complicated. That can be further simplified. Maybe they can have something of their own in the future.

I have been using Quest KACE for two and a half years.

IT Asset Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Quest Software, ServiceNow, Qualys and others in IT Asset Management. Updated: November 2022.
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's very stable. It's been working without any challenges for the last two and a half years.

It is scalable. I have a friend in that company, they're using it for around 35,000 endpoints. It's pretty scalable.

In two and a half years I have contacted support twice and it was duly handled. Their support is good.

Previously using open source tool but wanted to switch for better support

The initial setup was simple.

We did a total count of 1,000 desktops. It was done within a couple of weeks.

We got some backing help from the Quest team. It was telephonic support.

It requires very basic maintenance from our side. We had logged one or two support tickets with the vendor, but we immediately got the information that was required; more of configuration help rather than an issue.

It has multiple additional costs. We use the Asset and Patch Management which has a separate license.

We evaluated multiple tools that I remember. Kaseya, Sapphire, and the third one was Symphony SUMMIT.

Kaseya and Sapphire were actually much more cost-effective compared to KACE, but then the solution capability and functionality, we found KACE was much better, much more simpler, and even more stable. Symphony SUMMIT was a decent solution, but again, all things combined in terms of usability, cost, and everything, the support from the team, we found KACE was better.

Overall, KACE is better. If you consider cost, support, and stability, and usability, then it's better. It's slightly on the costlier side, but it's much more stable than most of the other solutions.

What other advice do I have?

They have come up with a mobile app interface that I would like to know more about. I attended some of their webinars where they were talking about their AI chatbots and a lot of automation around AI. Those are certain things that I would like to see in the product.

I would definitely recommend it but I would also suggest evaluating other solutions because the difference becomes much clearer. On the outset, it might not be very clear what the advantages are. But once you have evaluated two, three other tools, you will obviously see the advantages of KACE.

It's good to have backend technical support also. Go for the technical support so that in case anything happens, the KACE team is very friendly and they respond on time. It gives you that added cushion that if anything goes wrong, you have somebody to help.

I would rate Quest KACE a nine out of ten.

Abhirup Sarkar - PeerSpot reviewer
Director, Middle East, East India & SAARC at DMX Technologies
Highly stable, multiple licenses provided, and helpful support
  • "We have a support team here in India that has been helpful. We have not reached out to the global support for Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance."
  • "Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance can improve by incorporating AI and machine learning into the solution."

What needs improvement?

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance can improve by incorporating AI and machine learning into the solution.

I have been using Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance for approximately five years.

Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is highly stable.

We are not a very large company, we have not needed to test the scalability of the solution. However, we have some customers who are using it and they have approximately 50,000 endpoints and it is working well.

We have a support team here in India that has been helpful. We have not reached out to the global support for Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance.

I rate the support from Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance a five out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We have used other solutions in the past but found Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance was best suited to our requirements.

The initial setup of Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is somewhat complicated. However, if you take the vendor services, they help you out a lot.

I rate the price of Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance a two out of five.

What other advice do I have?

We have one or two people in our organization supporting the solution.

I recommend this solution to others.

I rate Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance a nine out of ten.

IT Asset Management
November 2022
655,774 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Europe IT Shared Services Manager at LIDEA Seeds
Valuable inventory features and a stable solution but has a challenging setup

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for inventory package deployment. Additionally, we deploy this solution on the private cloud.

What is most valuable?

The inventory in Quest KACE Asset Management Appliance is very valuable.

We have been using this product for one year.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We currently don't have any issues with scalability.

We haven't used customer service and support before so I cannot speak to it.

The initial setup was burdensome for us because we manually deployed it.

We implemented this solution through a third party. Our company has local companies managing people across different countries for deployment.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud