We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service is #13 ranked solution in top Low-Code Development Platforms and #21 ranked solution in top Rapid Application Development Software. PeerSpot users give Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service is most commonly compared to Oracle Application Express (APEX): Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service vs Oracle Application Express (APEX). The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 49% of all views.
What is Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service?

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service is a cloud-based software development Platform as a Service (PaaS) and a hosted environment for your application development infrastructure. It provides an open-source standards-based solution to develop, collaborate on, and deploy applications within Oracle Cloud.

Download the Rapid Application Development Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service Customers

Transcom Worldwide, Latham Pool Products

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service Video

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service pricing:
"Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service is much too expensive."

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service Reviews

MaksimHajiyev
CTO at CP Tech LLC
Convenient and easy to set up with a lot of built-in features
  • "The initial setup is easy."
  • "I would improve the license structure as, for some companies, it may seem a little bit expensive, depending on what they're doing."

What is most valuable?

You can do a lot of stuff with its UI and UX. It's pretty convenient. It's much better than just doing with Angular or React as they don't provide this robust capability for working with lots of stuff regarding UI/UX.

You can do a lot of plumbing code. As it has these JET codebooks, basically a lot of features are already in place.

You can use plugins on it for Eclipse and you can connect many features within the development environment. You can use GitLab to export almost all in-line path source code. There are no vendor locks in terms of your host's publishing code. You can basically have your entire code on-prem and you can use advanced capabilities to develop your UI/UX and your code and connect to the REST services. You can avoid costly React developers that are required for building advanced UI.

If companies are involved in a lot of UI/UX and developing backend and cloud enablement it is a good option.

In terms of master builder forms, pop-up forms, this kind of stuff, it's amazing.

The initial setup is easy.

What needs improvement?

I would improve the license structure as, for some companies, it may seem a little bit expensive, depending on what they're doing. You have to be pretty smart about how you're using it. If you do a benchmark with operational costs, for big development departments, it's pretty good. However, it depends on how you're doing it.

If you're using, if you develop an application such as like ERP applications or core backend applications, there's a lot of forms and more dependencies. If you're doing some, for example, extremely responsive applications for the web, it's not as good. it's better to use it for enterprise IT, enterprise for backend development, or middle and back-office development types of things such as Internal intranet and DMZ-level types of applications with heavy load and security.

It's the only enterprise-level solution offered right now on the market, out of the big five, which can be used for advanced development capabilities. It's not for department-level applications. It's just for full-blown enterprise applications.

There are some limitations in terms of building business objects, for example, business objects on VBS - basically, in the runtime environment. Right now I know how to access the data, and can use the REST API, and be able to communicate to the backend. However, if these business objects would be on-prem as well that would be ideal. It's not a limitation, it's just kind of good to have.

I've been using the solution for roughly two and a half years or so at this point.

We have about 20 people actively engaged with the solution at our organization.

We don't have a lot of need for technical support as we have a lot of people on staff who are actively engaged with Oracle and are quite knowledgeable.

The initial setup is pretty easy to do. You can easily start it and you can easily use it. If you compare it to Amazon or GCP, they don't have anything like this. They have very high-level stuff.

What other advice do I have?

We're Oracle partners and we are customers. We are using Oracle rapid tools for our development activities. We are just doing some benchmarking and comparing stuff.

There is actually only one version; there's no standard for an enterprise. It's just the Visual Builder Studio that you can implement for your DevOps operational pipeline.

We're using a JavaScript framework that Oracle provided, Oracle JET. It's version Basically, due to the fact that not everything is done in Visual Builder itself, we're using Oracle JET and some of the solutions that we're doing in Visual Builder and some of the stuff we're doing in Oracle JET. What we are using is a mix of versions.

Overall, I would rate the solution at a nine out of ten. We've been pretty happy with it overall.

Owner at a consultancy with 1-10 employees
An over-priced, complicated solution that does what it was developed to do
  • "The most valuable feature was the visual drag and drop on the components."
  • "There was an attempt to enable front-end development, it did what it intended to do, but the side effects were too bad."

What is our primary use case?

It's a legal software; we used it for case management.

I was developing it. Nobody else was using it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature was the visual drag and drop on the components.

I used this solution for a few months.

I never really scaled it while I was using it, but It was stable; I never experienced any bugs.

I never had the chance to contact technical support so I cannot comment on that.

This program is running on-premise using Oracle ADF. My goal over the last year has been to move it to the cloud, using some kind of front-end APIs for the net — kind of a microprogram technique. I wanted a visual builder to program the front-end. It was too complicated, too expensive.

It was very complicated to program, but overall, the initial set up was not that complicated; after all, I did it by myself.

Oracle Visual Builder Cloud Service is much too expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I tried it for a while and gave up on it. I'm onto other things now. I'm in a completely different area now.

My honest opinion is: do not use this solution — there are plenty of free options out there that will do the trick.

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give this solution a rating of five.