We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Oracle Java DB OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Java DB is #10 ranked solution in top Relational Databases. PeerSpot users give Oracle Java DB an average rating of 8 out of 10. Oracle Java DB is most commonly compared to MySQL: Oracle Java DB vs MySQL. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.
What is Oracle Java DB?

Java DB is a relational database management system (RDBMS). Data is stored and queried via SQL or JDBC. Like other RDBMSs, Java DB can also be accessed through a persistence layer such as JPA, Hibernate, or JDO. Java objects can be stored in the columns of Java DB tables.

Download the Relational Databases Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Oracle Java DB Customers

Université Nice Sophia Antipolis

Oracle Java DB Video

Oracle Java DB Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Java DB pricing:
"The product's pricing is very friendly, with no extra costs after the licensing fees."

Oracle Java DB Reviews

Chetan Bannur
Senior Executive at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
A relational database management system that's very clever and object-oriented
  • "It's very clever."
  • "It'll be better if Oracle Java supports open source technologies, like Node.js."

What is our primary use case?

Oracle Java DB is one of the databases we use, and we use quite a few databases. It's either Oracle or Microsoft SQL Database or MySQL. We've been doing it for many years, but all our clients work on different databases. They use non-transactional and non-relational databases. One of our clients also uses MongoDB.

Oracle Java DB isn't used much as many of our clients use Microsoft SQL Server Database. We have a client in the healthcare space that is using it, and we use this for storing all the information of this space.

What is most valuable?

It's very clever. Oracle Java is one of the first object-oriented languages that we've had. A lot of the data and the languages are in Python. I think the concept is the same. But Oracle Java is very object-oriented. I think Java was one of the first to come out with object-orientation. I used Java to develop the APIs, and it's recommended, and we use it.

What needs improvement?

It'll be better if Oracle Java supports open source technologies, like Node.js. Many APIs can be developed in applications like Node.js, and it's a lot easier to use a programming language like Node.js because it's totally open-source and available. It also has a lot of APIs that I can download and access from anywhere.

You can, of course, use microservices, but I think the marketing around microservices products isn't working, and a lot of folks seem to be using Node.js and Angular as their programming languages for API development.

Oracle Java also supports a lot of the microservices concepts, and a lot of the work can be done within that. Java needs to come out with a lot more and let us do more with the UI. This will benefit the future of Java.

We have been using Oracle Java DB for many years.

Oracle Java DB is very stable.

It's scalable, but it depends on how you deploy it. As long as you're not using monolithic applications, it's scalable.

Technical support has been very clear and convenient, and we can always reach out to them.

The initial setup is easy, and the deployment time is really nothing.

Quite a few clients would look at Python or Node.js. If you take Python as an example, it also supports machine learning.

What other advice do I have?

This is a fairly stable language, and it's been in the market for several years. In fact, it's been around since about 1995, when the concept of object orientation started. People should use it because it's clever.

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Oracle Java DB a nine.

Software Development Engineer at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Stable, efficient, and easy to deploy
  • "Able to write queries more efficiently and the management of data has become better and easier."
  • "Needs improvement in consistency issues with respect to timeframes."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is for storing application data.

How has it helped my organization?

With this solution, we are able to write queries more efficiently and the management of data has become better and easier.

What is most valuable?

The feature I have found most valuable is the memory management algorithms, which are much more efficient than the open-source.

What needs improvement?

With respect to the product's consistency, there's a lot of scope that could be introduced in regulator basis. In the next release, I'm looking for an improvement in consistency issues with respect to timeframes. The regulator databases could also be improved. I also think the price fluctuation with the various SQL implementations is something that should be looked into, as well as increasing Node's SQL support into Oracle.

The product is 99.99% stable.

This solution is easily scalable - we can easily scale the number of servers we can deploy the application on.

The technical support for this product is good, with no issues.

I have previously used several other solutions, including MySQL, Oracle, and Node DB.

The initial deployment didn't take much time and only required one person.

Our ROI has been a 600% growth in stock price, one of the biggest increase rates for any of the global top 50 companies.

What other advice do I have?

I would always suggest going with this product if the add-ons available through Oracle are required. I would rate this solution as nine out of ten.

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, Apache, Microsoft and others in Relational Databases. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Developer at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Highly secure, stable and can connect other databases
  • "The additional value of having Java inside the Oracle database is all the security that is applied to an Oracle database will be enforced on Java's stored procedures as well."
  • "The solution should continue to keep updating and improving the Java language."

What is our primary use case?

I use Oracle Java DB for creating Java stored procedures in Oracle databases as the means of communication with other types of databases. I would take information from those other databases and bring it into the current Oracle database. The solution can operate on-premise or on the cloud.

What is most valuable?

Every Oracle session uses its own Java virtual machine. These sessions are independent, highly concurrent, and very reliable because of this.

The Java store procedure needs to work with the data residing in the same Oracle database which makes the access to the data lightning-fast because everything is within the same memory.

What needs improvement?

The solution should continue to keep updating and improving the Java language.

I have used Oracle Java DB within the last 12 months.

The stability is very good. Java is a computer language, and you can write stored procedures using this language. Stability is awesome because it is all supported by Oracle database and Oracle relational database management system. It watches very carefully all the processes that are running, it is very stable and very secure.

Oracle Java DB is installed with the Oracle database software and I do not know whether it is possible to install the Oracle database without this option.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Oracle Java DB a ten out of ten.

Principal Consultant at a marketing services firm with 11-50 employees
Stable with good automation capabilities, but vendor lock-in is a problem

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and Oracle Java DB is one of the products that we implement for our clients. The primary use cases are concurrency, patching, and automation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automation.

What needs improvement?

There should be a software-defined Oracle DB, as well as a software-defined cloud management platform. The biggest lesson that I have learned from using Oracle products is vendor lock-in.

This company has been using Oracle Java DB for the past 20 years.

This is a stable product.

This is not a highly-scalable solution.

How was the initial

What is our primary use case?

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is automation.

What needs improvement?

This company has been using Oracle Java DB for the past 20 years.

This is a stable product.

This is not a highly-scalable solution.

I don't have to do the implementation myself. I would say that it is complex, although it is straightforward if you have the right support.

The implementation strategy follows the SOAR methodology from Oracle.

Using this product will lead to a reduction in operational costs.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a six out of ten.

Team Lead at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Enables us to automate our website and is easy for developers

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to automate our website.

What is most valuable?

It has a programming language so anything that we require for Selenium is all available there.

What needs improvement?

In terms of improvement, I'd like an automation tool that is lower priced. The core prices are very high. We have to train our employees in Java.

I have been using Oracle Java for seven years.

We have ten users who use this solution.  We only use a limited scope of Java. The development team primarily uses it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because it's difficult to learn. It's easier for…

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is to automate our website.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Oracle Java for seven years.

We have ten users who use this solution.

We only use a limited scope of Java. The development team primarily uses it.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten. Not a ten because it's difficult to learn.

It's easier for developers but as QA it's difficult to train and deliver. I'd prefer an automation tool that doesn't have as much coding.