Our primary use case is for consultancy, more specifically for moving customers' data from on-prem into the cloud. We do this in conjunction with our product. We do not have to pay extra for the Oracle Enterprise Manager because our software can manage the GoldenGate software.
Oracle GoldenGate is #13 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give Oracle GoldenGate an average rating of 7.2 out of 10. Oracle GoldenGate is most commonly compared to AWS Database Migration Service: Oracle GoldenGate vs AWS Database Migration Service. Oracle GoldenGate is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.
Oracle GoldenGate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication
Oracle GoldenGate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Oracle GoldenGate Buyer's Guide
Download the Oracle GoldenGate Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022
What is Oracle GoldenGate?
Oracle GoldenGate is a real-time data integration and database replication solution. It can detect data events and route them across networks at very low latencies and integrates well with 100s of combinations of non-Oracle databases, data stores, and clouds.
Oracle GoldenGate Features
Oracle GoldenGate has many valuable key features, including:
- Simple to use web interface
- Fast and easy installation or provisioning
- Command line access via AdminClient that can run anywhere
- RESTful APIs for DevOps
- Offers built-in monitoring but also can be easily adapted to roll your own monitoring
- APIs are protected by Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) authentication.
Oracle GoldenGate Benefits
Some of the benefits of using Oracle GoldenGate include:
- Oracle GoldenGate is deeply integrated with the Oracle Database (logging, redo, backup and recovery layer, security, administration, data guard, data vault, autonomous database etc.).
- It is the most stable, performant, and reliable CDC / replication solution for Oracle.
- High performance: Oracle GoldenGate is capable of sub-second latency for data movement. featuring low impact capture, routing, transformation, and delivery of transactional data.
- GoldenGate is the only CDC / replication tool that keeps pace with new and emerging innovations (security, features, data types, etc) in the core Oracle Database.
- The solution supports a wide range of use cases, from conventional OLTP data replication and high availability to data lake ingestion or multi-cloud ingestion, SaaS application replication, and messaging replication.
- GoldenGate is the only CDC / replication technology certified for Exadata, Exadata Cloud Service, and Exadata Cloud at Customer.
- For fault-tolerance, GoldenGate has its own mechanism to keep track of how much work is completed and how much is pending. This mechanism is independent of any database and ensures, with the help of automatic gap-resolution, that no data loss occurs.
- GoldenGate uses its own proprietary format files for keeping the committed data coming from the source database, making it independently functional irrespective of the database in use.
- To maintain the performance and consistency, only committed data is sent. Uncommitted data is captured by GoldenGate, but is discarded after receiving a Rollback.
- With GoldenGate, data sending is in “near real time,” which reduces the possibility of latency.
Reviews from Real Users
Below are some reviews and helpful feedback written by Oracle GoldenGate users.
PeerSpot user Steve-J., Cloud Migration Software Consultant - UK & EMEA at 1PLACE, says, "What I have found the most valuable about GoldenGate is that it does real-time and no-downtime migrations. Its migrations are fast. There are not many tools like it on the marketplace."
Pinak S., Senior Manager of System and Database at ESL, mentions, “We like how in GoldenGate the heterogeneous database is supported. Sometimes the client actually needs a schedule and needs to ensure the state of databases for reporting purposes. With that in mind, we have been able to configure GoldenGate for certain schema. The solution is quite stable. They've recently improved the ease of implementation.”
A Database Administrator at a manufacturing company explains, "It moves the data as you set it up, and it works. I am also very impressed with its stability and scalability. It is not super feature-rich, but the new releases have more functionality. It recently had more native integrations with Oracle Database. If you are using it against an Oracle database, it has a lot more functionality."
An Oracle ERP DBA Consultant - Oracle Super Cluster T5-8 Admin at a government comments, "GoldenGate can connect and collect data from multiple sources, such as SQL Server."
Oracle GoldenGate was previously known as GoldenGate.
Oracle GoldenGate Customers
Japan Exchange Group, Daewoo E&C, Herbalife, Starwood Hotels & Resorts, Canon, Turk Telekom
Oracle GoldenGate Video
Oracle GoldenGate Pricing Advice
What users are saying about Oracle GoldenGate pricing:
Oracle GoldenGate Reviews
Learn what your peers think about Oracle GoldenGate. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2022.
632,779 professionals have used our research since 2012.