Nutanix AHV Virtualization OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Nutanix AHV Virtualization is the #7 ranked solution in best Server Virtualization Software. PeerSpot users give Nutanix AHV Virtualization an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Nutanix AHV Virtualization is most commonly compared to VMware vSphere: Nutanix AHV Virtualization vs VMware vSphere. Nutanix AHV Virtualization is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 60% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 18% of all views.
Nutanix AHV Virtualization Buyer's Guide

Download the Nutanix AHV Virtualization Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Nutanix AHV Virtualization?
Nutanix AHV is a secure, enterprise-grade solution for intuitive virtualization and container management. It streamlines operations and simplifies management for all your workloads and environments.
Nutanix AHV Virtualization Customers

JetBlue, International Speedway Corporation, SAIC Volkswagen

Nutanix AHV Virtualization Video

Archived Nutanix AHV Virtualization Reviews (more than two years old)

Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Good support, easy to manage, and it scales with just one click
  • "The most valuable feature is manageability."
  • "My storage use is doubled; if I am creating a one TB virtual machine then my storage policy will take two TB from my cluster."

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is manageability. From one control, I can manage and monitor my entire cluster.

Also, I like the Prism console of Nutanix.

There are two features, one is data protection that is in-built with Nutanix, and the other is that I can schedule my VM backups. I don't need to buy any third-party software for that. If I have the ESXi to Hyper-V, I need to have third-party software. But in Nutanix, I don't have to buy any third-party software, because I have the data protection feature.

The third and most important feature is LCM, Life Cycle Management. With one click, I can upgrade my firmware as well as my software version, and there will be no downtime required for that. It is seamless.

What needs improvement?

It's difficult to find something that needs improvement, for me, it's a perfect solution. I have not had any issues in the three years that I have been using it.

I was faced with one small problem, but I had the resolution immediately.

I don't see any issues with Hypervisor AHV.

No one is the best in the industry, and there is something in which they are neutral.

Currently, they have storage that is RS2 by default, and when I create one VM with the RA2 environment it will automatically create a second copy. My storage use is doubled; if I am creating a one TB virtual machine then my storage policy will take two TB from my cluster.

I need a second policy for that. For Dev and for Testing.

I don't need the backups. I am only doing R&D.

I need one feature, in that I can create one storage policy without any redundancy factor where when I create my 100 GB virtual machine or 100 GB workload, that only uses storage of 100 GB. I would prefer this because unnecessarily, my space is being utilized for creating a backup copy.

This feature I've got in ESXi, where I can define different policies for my storage and containers, is useful, but in Nutanix, there are only two policies, RS2 and RS3.

Last month, I completed a session with the Nutanix UI team where I provided feedback for the UI upgrades. This would be useful.

I have been using Nutanix AHV for more than three years.

I am upgrading the AHV version with LTS.

I have downloaded the two versions, one is LTS and the other is STS.

It is a stable solution. In the three years that have been using it, I have not had any issues.

Nutanix AHV Virtualization
November 2022
Learn what your peers think about Nutanix AHV Virtualization. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2022.
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's a scalable solution.

You can upgrade it with one click because I have upgraded my cluster from a four-node cluster to a six node cluster. You can upgrade with one-click, and you don't need to provision a lot of things or plan a lot of things. You just need to identify it. You need the IP address and Nutanix Prism will do it automatically.

The Nutanix support team is very good.

If you Google the net promoter score, it is over 90. With VMware and Microsoft, the Net Promotor Score is 50, but their support is also good.

The initial setup was easy.

If you know basic English, and if you have an IT background, then you don't need to have any training for the implementation.

You just go through the portal, at nutanix.com. There is one EXE available, and you just need to download it on your laptop and just run. It will automatically discover your nodes and then you need only align the IP and your cluster is ready in about two to three hours.

What other advice do I have?

I will recommend it because it is easy to manage, and you don't need to be skilled for that. You don't need any training at all. If you spend one or two days dedicated to Prism, you will get to know everything. This includes how to create VMs, how to manage storage, how to manage the client-server, how to monitor the entire cluster, and there are lots of algorithms available. this means that you don't need to configure things like a Hyper-V or ESXi.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Partner..
Vice President of Information Technology at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Easy to troubleshoot and resolve problems, but there are compatibility problems with other software
  • "The entirety of the infrastructure resides in the same product, which makes it easy to troubleshoot and investigate problems."
  • "It worked well in the beginning but after using it for some time, we found some limitations in terms of compatibility with other software."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is as an application server.

How has it helped my organization?

This product is has helped us move from traditional infrastructure to an HCI infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The entirety of the infrastructure resides in the same product, which makes it easy to troubleshoot and investigate problems. In a traditional infrastructure, it is separated according to hardware such as storage. When we have issues, we spend a lot of time investigating. With Nutanix, it helps reduce the time required to resolve problems.

What needs improvement?

Some of our applications do not support Nutanix. There are some compatibility issues and some of our software cannot run on it. It worked well in the beginning but after using it for some time, we found some limitations in terms of compatibility with other software. It has been okay because it does run our main applications.

I have been using Acropolis for between two and three years.

The stability is good and it can run our main applications. Aside from the issues with compatibility, it is quite stable.

Being our application server, we sometimes have almost 1,000 users. We have two or three administrators to maintain it.

We have obtained technical support from the vendor.

The initial setup is straightforward. It is quick to set up and start using it.

We brought in third-party consultants to assist us with the implementation.

We now deploy it using our own team, which has fewer than 10 people.

We don't have to pay extra for Acropolis because it is built into Nutanix. If we were using another product, like VMware, then we would need to have a separate license for the hypervisor.

There are many other options that we can choose from that will not have the same problems in terms of compatibility. In the future, we will probably move to Dell to use a different solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that is certainly good for some use cases, but it is not the best. It would be better if the compatibility with applications like third-party backup software was improved.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Top 5LeaderboardReal User

Nutanix Acropolis is not really a standalone product. It is a product group. There were Acropolis File Services (now Nutanix Files), Acropolis Hypervisor (in short AHV), and Acropolis OS (short form: AOS). So what specifically is he referring to? I suppose AHV as he mentions the lack of buying a separate Hypervisor like VMware (which too is a company, not a product, that would be vSphere). And by all means, Acropolis is their Application Server? Never heard stranger things.

Please, stick to common terms and name the products right.

And what applications aren't running on AHV? Just name them so fellow admins find these product names via search.

Ariel Lindenfeld - PeerSpot reviewer
Ariel LindenfeldDirector of Community at PeerSpot
Community Manager

@Steffen Hornung hopefully @reviewer1329306 ​will notice your comment and update his review with more details to clarify.

Nutanix AHV Virtualization
November 2022
657,849 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user1083924 - PeerSpot reviewer
PaaS Engineer at JSE Limited
Performance is good, management of the systems is pretty easy, and upgrading is seamless
  • "The most valuable aspect of this solution is that you don't need to pay for it, it's free, as opposed to paying for a VMware license."
  • "They need to work on the deployment of virtual machines. They need to streamline the process of templates and deploying virtual machines."

What is our primary use case?

We use the on-prem deployment model and our primary use case for this solution is for virtualization. We also use it for Calm & Karbon.

How has it helped my organization?

Save on VMware Licencing costs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect of this solution is that you don't need to pay for it. It's free, as opposed to paying for a VMware license.

What needs improvement?

They need to work on the deployment of virtual machines. They need to streamline the process of templates and deploying virtual machines.

I have been using Nutanix AHV for over a year.

It is very stable.

It is very easy to scale. In terms of our users, we are running active directory on there, we spool due to migrating our exchange servers onto that platform as well. At the moment it's just active directory and a couple of other systems. There are around 500 users on the active directory.

Their technical support is outstanding. They are unbelievable, the best support I've received from any IT company, ever.

We are a VMware shop but always keen on looking at new solutions which work well and save us money. AHV is great but we cant deploy it throughout as we rely heavily on VMware SRM for Disaster Recovery and BCP.

The initial setup was very straightforward. We have partners that when we buy the kits, they come and do the installation for us. Our partners assist us with the installation.

No, there is no other solution besides AHV that we would look at.

What other advice do I have?

It's a great product. It's relatively easy to use and it works well. Everyone that's moved their machines onto that platform says they are amazed by the performance. It works very well. Performance is good, management of the systems is pretty easy, upgrading and all that stuff is seamless. It's a great platform and I would recommend it to anyone.

I would rate it a nine out of ten.

i-Security Engineer at M.Tech
Simple to use, supports many different operating systems, and has good management features
  • "Simplicity is the most valuable feature."
  • "When we need to share, publish, or encrypt something, we still need to perform it using the command line."

What is our primary use case?

We are distributors and to meet with our clients' requirements, it supports many OS systems. It monitors and protects the entire system.

What is most valuable?

Simplicity is the most valuable feature. With the management capabilities and monitoring tools, clients can do everything they need to do in their day to day operations.

What needs improvement?

There are some activities that need to be done by the GUI, but can't. The users should not be aware of this, only the engineers who are involved with the move of the system, sharing or reconfiguration.

When we need to share, publish, or encrypt something, we still need to perform it using the command line. We need to exit from the COI for the GUI to fix some of the features.

If we compare with VMware NSX the implementation is not quite as interesting.

I have been using this solution for almost three years.

We use several versions of this solution 5.0, 5.1, 5.5, and 5.10.

This solution is very stable.

Scaling is basic, as you just have to purchase new hardware. It connects to the network and discovers the ITVC. It's very easy.

Technical support is a critical part. They have provided a lot of work for us. When we open a case we save the facility, usually the FAMS meter on the V1 perspective.

Previously, we were working with another solid solution, but I am no longer working with them.

The main difference was the complexity. The tiers are very complicated. Nutanix AHV is easier.

The initial setup is very easy.

It only takes two hours to deploy.

Some of the features required additional licenses.

IT Infrastracture Manager at International College
A stable solution that is easy to set up and is a significant improvement over our traditional data center
  • "This solution is very stable and it has been running for the last three months, with no issues."
  • "In terms of improvement, I think that they could have more partnerships with providers."

What is most valuable?

We used to have a traditional data center. When we changed to hyper-converged, it was simplified, more robust, and faster.

What needs improvement?

Nutanix AHV is based on KVM, which is the open-source version. In terms of improvement, I think that they could have more partnerships with providers. We had an issue with a software called ClearPath from Aruba. Aruba has a ready image that works for VMware, as an example, but they don't have a ready image that works directly with AHV. We have to use the KVM version and customize it to work for AHV.

It would be beneficial to have more partners to improve the service. Not just any providers, but well-known providers in the market. Also, more integration with ready systems would be helpful.

I have been using this solution for three months. We acquired it three months ago.

This solution is very stable and it has been running for the last three months, with no issues.

From everything that I have read, this solution is scalable. It is one of the best on the market. It can be scaled up, even with earlier or newer versions of the software, but there are some limitations with VMware solutions.

We run a school and have 4500 students and 700 faculty members who are all end users. It is accessed and the information is used daily.

We have not contacted technical support, as it's been running with no issues.

The initial setup was straightforward. We didn't encounter any complexities.

We had a partner help us with the initial setup and implementation. It didn't take him very long.

We evaluated Dell VxRail and VMware solutions, but for us, this was the better solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are comparing to the traditional system that had many problems. I think that all of these problems have been resolved with Nutanix AHV. At this time, as I have only been using it for three months, I am not able to say that there is room for improvement, especially since I am judging and basing it on a comparison with the old system. It has addressed all of the issues we were facing.

Top 5LeaderboardReal User

I am happy to tell you that since release 5.18 there is a way to get it done more conveniently: https://portal.nutanix.com/#pa... That is still not as easy as import directly like in vmware but it gets the job done

Senior IT Consultant
Open-source virtualization that works with Linux and the installation is easy
  • "It has a vs switch for the people who know Linux, in case it's easier for them to use AHV than it is to use VMware."
  • "There is no web interface with AHV."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is for virtualization.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that it is open-source. Also, the customization for Linux VMs is good.

It has a vs switch for the people who know Linux, in case it's easier for them to use AHV than it is to use VMware.

What needs improvement?

VMware has a vSphere client GUI and currently, AHV is command line only.

AHV is easy for people who are administrators of Linux and Unix, but it's not easy for a normal user who connects using a web interface.

There is no web interface with AHV. It would be great if they could provide a web interface.

There is no dashboard, it works only with Nutanix Prism.

I come from the world of Unix and the only thing that customer is asking for is the web interface.

I have been using Nutanix AHV since 2015.

It's a stable solution.

Nutanix is very scalable, you can go to unlimited nodes.

The initial setup is easy and straightforward. You click and you install.

With one click it installs all, including AHV and all of the Nutanix software.

There is an Excel spreadsheet where you put the IP addresses, then you go to the Nutanix installer GUI, click, wait an hour and everything is up.

AHV is free, it's an open-source solution.

What other advice do I have?

We use many solutions with Nutanix. We use Nutanix AHV, Nutanix CVM, Nutanix Calm, and more.

For normal users, they need a web interface, but for users who are more experienced this solution is the best.

Top 5LeaderboardReal User

Sorry, but AHV is just a free hypervisor choice with Nutanix. Otherwise show me how you would install AHV apart from AOS (AOS is the OS of the Controller VM Nutanix uses)!
I bet you meant one can omit ESXi licensing which is true.
But to be open source the source code would have to be published, which it is not. See https://www.nutanix.com/opensource/disclosure. You can clearly see that AHV uses open source components but itself it is not open source.

Senior IT Consultant
Can go to unlimited nodes, is customizable, and open-source
  • "Nutanix AHV is very scalable. It can go to unlimited nodes."
  • "There is no web interface for AHV."

What is most valuable?

The features that I've found most valuable are that it is customized like Linux KVM and it is open-source for people who know Linux. It's easier for them to use AHV than MWeb. Plus, AHV is free. For Linux people it's easy and also it's free.

What needs improvement?

As for any improvements, the only thing the customer has been asking for is that it should be like VMware where they have the Vsphere Client, whereas in AHV there is only Command-line. It's like AHV Client Web. AHV is easy for people who are administrators of Linux Unix but it's not easy for normal users who like to connect using a web interface because there is no web interface for AHV. It would be great if they could provide an actual web interface. The dashboard works only in Prism.

I have been using Nutanix AHV since 2015.

It is a stable solution.

Nutanix AHV is very scalable. It can go to unlimited nodes.

In terms of initial setup, Nutanix is a one-click install and it installs all AHV and all Nutanix software, everything. There is an Excel sheet where you put the IP addresses, then you go to the GUI of the Nutanix installer, it's one click and everything is up.

What other advice do I have?

We have many customers using AHV.

On a scale of one to ten, I would rate it a nine because it needs a web interface.

it_user1227537 - PeerSpot reviewer
Sr. Lead Consultant - Infrastructure | Virtualization & Cloud Computing | SDN |NFV at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good monitoring and reporting, and has helped reduce our costs
  • "The most valuable feature is the integration between storage and compute services."
  • "In the next release of this solution, I would like to see support for containerization."

How has it helped my organization?

No one in our organization can ignore the value of Nutanix because of the cost reduction that it has afforded us compared to converged products from Cisco or HP.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the integration between storage and compute services. You can use these two resources together as one unit.

The monitoring and reports for all activities are integrated on one dashboard.

What needs improvement?

Support for more Red Hat solutions would be an improvement. As of now, Nutanix only officially supports three hypervisors. These are VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Nutanix AHV. There is minimal support for Red Hat.

It is very important that in the future, Nutanix supports bare-metal implementation. This means that you can install the hypervisor directly to the hardware.

In the next release of this solution, I would like to see support for containerization.

I have been using Nutanix AHV for three years.

This is a stable product.

This solution has endless scalability. You can scale up and scale out as much as you want. All you have to do to scale out is add nodes.

I have used several other solutions. With both Cisco and HP, there are limitations in terms of scalability. If you are using VMware then there is a limitation at the host-level.

Implementation and deployment is straightforward. Within half an hour it can be set up and running.

There are solutions by HP and NetApp, but you cannot compare them to Nutanix because it supports HP, Hyper-V, and VMware as well.

What other advice do I have?

There are rumors around the globe that suggest Nutanix cannot be used for heavy software. However, I have tested it on all levels and it performs well. I have used it for big data and it works great.

The biggest lesson that I have learned when using this solution is related to the sizing of the system. If you define your requirements accurately then you will not see any issues in terms of performance. This means that it is very important to know what you want and what kind of applications will be hosted on Nutanix. You should also understand the use case for Nutanix, itself. When you understand all of this, it prepares you very well for calculating the resources that will be needed.

For me, this is the number one hyper-converged solution. I am a fan of VMware, but I can see that in Nutanix, the internal components combine very harmoniously. There is a huge development team behind Nutanix and they are working daily to develop the product and come out with new technologies.

Technical Manager at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Gives us the flexibility to not worry about the scalability of the systems
  • "In terms of features, Acropolis is a good virtualization manager and that it is on-premise. I use almost every technology they provide."
  • "Lacks integration with the cloud or other solutions."

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Nutanix AHV, like every hypervisor, still has room for integration with the cloud. Nutanix is a very, very good product in regards to integration with the Amazon services, but it can be improved, especially in my country, Turkey. In this area, both Amazon Web Services and other solutions have different prices and different currencies. Nutanix actually promised to build clouds once they made the new generation moving the clients or the servers on-premises, and that's not working as advertised right now. So I believe that it can still be improved. Every service depends on this because the flexibility is what makes this product good in the first place.

I use Vaults with three hypervisors in my projects. One is the Acropolis from Nutanix, SCC from VMware, and of course Microsoft Hyper-V. This user interface is easy to understand. The dashboard is mostly okay and gives relevant information for the users. It has a good user interface but it's not flexible. It's more flexible than VMware and Hyper-V which don't even compare. The mechanics and the user interface are good. I like how it looks, but it can be improved. For example, if they had a comment line option directly from the Web UI, I could use PowerShell add ons. That would make the UI more flexible for me. Overall, it is the best of the three options right out there right now. ,

Again, I would also like to see a comment line option for integration with other products. Nutanix already has a comment line integration with the publisher. I also run some mini-systems and I don't have the same kind of comment line options for Unix systems. If I'm working on another shell, for example, Bash or SSH, we need a solution for that aspect. Console command is many times a faster way to do it because with UI you have to wait, but with your comment line, you can script it and can automate it more easily. So I believe they need a Linux version of the comment line.

I have been using Nutanix AHV for more than three years.

In terms of stability, Nutanix is actually very stable.

These days I don't worry about anything working or not.

Nutanix AHV is much easier than other systems. We can focus on the infrastructure and not the product so it gives us the flexibility to not worry about the scalability of the systems - we just need more modes to scale up. That makes it easier for system and engineers support.

I don't actually need any technical support. But I do hear feedback about it. For example, if a customer has an issue, such as some discs are broken, the support fixes it immediately. They don't even have to call the support center because they are monitoring the system. I don't do it directly, but I hear from and talk to customers.

I worked with VMware for more than ten years. The first versions of VMware to come out worked on Red Hat 6.3 servers and they were almost unusable sometimes.

Nutanix, in its first version, worked as it should.

The initial setup is nice, actually straightforward. The other systems are not easy. For VMware, for example, if you want to use full spec hyper-converged systems, including storage and the other options, it's very complex. Only the hypervisor option is easy with them. But the other options, including storage, are complicated. Nutanix and its products are very easy and pretty useful. And even migration is easy compared to all the other systems.

Some other firms were working with HP on their systems, but in the end, they migrated to Nutanix because of support issues.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from 1 to 10 I would rate it a 9 - I believe there is always room for improvement.

Mohammed KamalMouline - PeerSpot reviewer
System IT Architect at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Reseller
Good technical support, excellent pricing and integrates will with the cloud
  • "Nutanix is good for new implementations on the VM side. It's very good for disaster recovery and final storage."
  • "The solution should work to improve its stability."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution because of the pricing.

What is most valuable?

The price of the solution is its most valuable feature.

The solution offers good integration with the cloud.

What needs improvement?

The solution is not suitable for all migrations.

The solution should work to improve its stability for All type of VM's boot options

The stability of the solution is Good.

Technical support is good. I'd rate them nine out of ten.

We previously used VMware ESXi and Microsoft's Hyper-V.

On the hyper conversion solution, the main issue is the network integration with the existing line with the end-user. Otherwise, the initial implementation is straightforward. The main things to be considered are the prerequisites you need to have before starting the implementation of the network integration.

We handled the implementation ourselves.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the on-premises deployment model. We're a reseller of the solution.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Syed FasihUr Rahman - PeerSpot reviewer
Enterprise Solutions Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
User-friendly interface and no licensing fees, but technical support needs to be improved
  • "The interface is very good, and quite user-friendly."
  • "The technical support for this solution needs to be improved in terms of response time."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integration company and we sell hyper-converged infrastructure as the new model data center technology.

This is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

This solution can be deployed on-premises or in a cloud-based environment, but the majority of deployments are on-premises.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has very good feedback from our customers in terms of the benefits that it provides. They have lots of automation and orchestration policies and procedures in place so that they can create virtual machines within a few minutes. Overall, it improves productivity. In fact, you can do a lot of R&D for your most critical kind of applications without having to procure a proper dedicated infrastructure for that. It helps a lot.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very good, and quite user-friendly. You can learn how to use this solution in three to five days.

They have lots of easy ways to provision VMs with just two clicks, which is something you cannot easily do with VMware. It is possible but quite lengthy and complex.

The automation functionality is strong.

What needs improvement?

At the application level, if you wanted to change your hypervisor from VMware or another to AHV then there is a limitation in that you need to redeploy the whole application. For example, let's say that you are running Oracle ERP or Oracle Financial Business Suite, and it is on VMware. Then you switch to AHV and you migrate the virtual machine, it will be there, but all of the links that were created in the previous hypervisor will be broken. So, what Nutanix recommends is that you redeploy the application. This is quite a bit of work. For example, the ERP requires a lot of time to implement and get into synch and get running smoothly.

This solution should offer more orchestration and automation as we see in VMware. They can do more.

I would like to see more use cases from Nutanix on future trend technologies such as IoT, data analytics, big data, smart cities, and more. They need to do more R&D with respect to these new technologies. This would make it easy for us to understand whether they are capable of such functionality, or not.

I have been using this solution for a couple of years.

This is the only true hyper-converged infrastructure in the market.

This solution is very scalable.

I have not dealt with technical support for this solution personally, but the people in my organization, as well as from other places, have told me that it needs to improve a lot.

From what I have been told, they are quite capable of resolving the issues, but the response time is simply too long.

In addition to this solution, I am using EMC VxRail, Hitachi HCP, and occasionally NetApp. I would rate the Nutanix solution as the top one. My second choice is the Dell EMC solution.

The customer's requirements, as well as the budget, are what decide the suitability of a particular solution.

The initial setup of this solution is pretty much straightforward. From unboxing to rack and mounting and cabling, I think that it requires no more than three to four hours to get it up and running, maximum.

Obviously, it will depend on the size of the implementation. If it is huge then you will have to increase the number of hours. I am talking about an SMB environment. You will be able to create virtual machines within four to five hours of unboxing.

The most valuable feature of this solution is that there is no licensing fee. This means that if you don't have any virtual environment in your organization and wanted to go virtualized, and on top of that you want to go more than the data center, you don't have to worry about the licensing for the virtual infrastructure. It comes free of cost. If you want to choose another hypervisor then you need to pay a lot of licensing fees upfront, and then a recurring cost over the years for support and upgrades. That's the big difference between AHV and the others.

Nutanix is the only player in the market who is actually providing you with the hyper-converged infrastructure. You can either choose their own AHV hypervisor, or you can have VMware on top of it as a hypervisor to base the operating system. This gives a benefit over others who don't offer the same kind of infrastructure for both hypervisors.

You cannot mix it, that's one thing that is true across the board. However, you do have a choice of hypervisor. For some customers, they have already invested in VMware and they want to move to hyper-converged infrastructure. So, Nutanix would be comparatively a better choice, which can impact your previous investment and you can build your virtual hyper-converged infrastructure on Nutanix.

What other advice do I have?

This is the number one hyper-converged solution in the market. No doubt about it.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Top 5LeaderboardReal User

no personal experience with technical support? Well, I have - and it is just amazing. I never had response times inside an hour with anyone else but nutanix. And if you have your nutanix cluster on vmware they are capable of that too!
You should definitely attend a .NEXT-Conference to see what they can do and support.

Download our free Nutanix AHV Virtualization Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: November 2022