We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Microsoft Azure Container Service OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft Azure Container Service is #1 ranked solution in top Containers as a Service vendors. PeerSpot users give Microsoft Azure Container Service an average rating of 8 out of 10. Microsoft Azure Container Service is most commonly compared to Amazon EC2 Container Service: Microsoft Azure Container Service vs Amazon EC2 Container Service. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 24% of all views.
What is Microsoft Azure Container Service?

Azure Container Service optimizes the configuration of popular open source tools and technologies specifically for Azure. You get an open solution that offers portability for both your containers and your application configuration. You select the size, the number of hosts, and choice of orchestrator tools, and Container Service handles everything else.

Microsoft Azure Container Service was previously known as MS Azure Container Service.

Microsoft Azure Container Service Customers

Esri, BIO CATCH

Microsoft Azure Container Service Video

Archived Microsoft Azure Container Service Reviews (more than two years old)

Nordic Security Practice Lead at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Fast to deploy and has a good security level
  • "Microsoft Azure Container Service has a good level of stability."
  • "I wasn't very impressed with the documentation."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for training purposes, and for reading about what our colleagues do globally. So we basically use it for our customer projects.

What is most valuable?

Microsoft Azure Container Service is a great program and I like its usability and the time it takes to market. It is very fast to deploy as part of the DevOps and it has a good security level. So I think the usability and the pricing based on desktop cost make it a good product.

What needs improvement?

I believe that the support can be faster. I would also like to see easier implementation and better documentation. But it's also a Pandora's box. I believe that one can always do better.

I also believe that security and integration can be better, so it would be nice to see an improvement there.

I have been using this solution for just under a year now.

Microsoft Azure Container Service has a good level of stability.

I believe the program is scalable. I am the only end-user of this program, so I don't have experience of how it will work in larger environments. Our clients are enterprise businesses.

I am not sure about the technical support - it depends on the kind of issue I'm having and what the actual problem is. But I believe the SME network is important because they have experience from different customer cases.

I wasn't very impressed with the documentation, so if I had been able to follow the guidelines and employ an implementation, it would have been easier to set up and install the program. So I would say it was semi-easy, semi-difficult, in the middle.

The pricing is good.

What other advice do I have?

Of course, I can recommend this program to others, but they must first do an overall study and analyze the program to verify that it is business-driven, not technology-driven. In the next version, I would like to see better security because it is rather limited in this version. Updating the security would be great, as well as more integration of capabilities.

On a scale from one to 10, I will rate this program an eight. This is simply because I only use it in a lab environment - I don't have any other experience of the program.

Partner at a manufacturing company with 11-50 employees
Leaderboard
Easy to use, low bandwidth requirements, and the data compression is good
  • "The most valuable features are that it is simple, and the compression of the data."
  • "The customization is an area that needs improvement."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is for critical applications. I have it on two servers and for storage outside of my company.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are that it is simple, and the compression of the data.

It's a solution that uses very little bandwidth.

It is very easy to use.

What needs improvement?

The customization is an area that needs improvement.

In the next release, I would like to see integration with the Microsoft Business ERP solution.

I have been using this solution for five months.

This solution is stable, I have not had any issues.

This solution is scalable, it's good.

We have fifteen users and two of them are engineers.

To date, I have not contacted technical support and I correct the issues myself.

Previously I tried Carbonite. I switched because Microsoft Azure is more competitive and more stable.

The initial setup is simple.

It took approximately two months to deploy this solution.

I am the administrator and the only person who maintains this solution. You only need one person.

I implemented this solution. I did not use any vendors or integrators.

The only other solution that I had used and evaluated was called Carbonite.

What other advice do I have?

This is a very good solution and I would recommend it to others.

I would rate this solution nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure