Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Micro Focus AccuRev OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Micro Focus AccuRev is #10 ranked solution in top Application Lifecycle Management Suites. PeerSpot users give Micro Focus AccuRev an average rating of 10.0 out of 10. Micro Focus AccuRev is most commonly compared to Digital.ai Agility: Micro Focus AccuRev vs Digital.ai Agility. Micro Focus AccuRev is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 75% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Micro Focus AccuRev?
Software configuration management system for application, product or website development to help create your own program or application

Micro Focus AccuRev was previously known as AccuRev.

Micro Focus AccuRev Customers
Akcelerant, SDL, CSG, Avid Technology Inc., Azimuth Systems Inc, Drivecam, Endgame, f5 Networks, Follett Software, Hyland Software, Indanet, Kronos, McAfee
Micro Focus AccuRev Video

Micro Focus AccuRev Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus AccuRev pricing:
"It is a lower cost than other top competetors."

Micro Focus AccuRev Reviews

Sameh-Hablas - PeerSpot reviewer
Helps us with our compliance goals, native quality management systems and with the legacy systems in our organization
  • "The product has all the features that we for application managementat a lower cost."
  • "It is difficult to gain experience with the product because resources and documentation for learning are not available."

What is our primary use case?

We needed to use it now for our goals of compliance, for native quality management systems and also for the legacy systems.

How has it helped my organization?

The stability could be improved

What is most valuable?

all features was founded

What needs improvement?

To improve the product, it needs some enhancement to the application's interface to be more user-friendly.

The product has all the features that we need and we can depend upon it. My issue with the product is that it is not easy to use without a guide or a proper manual. That is my point. It is not very friendly to use. For example, we may need the application to be more friendly in other sorts of ways. If we have an integrated module that allows access to the features we want through one click, you do not need to make it two or three clicks on the screen. The interface can be better designed to easily provide access to the features you need.

The feature I would like to see in the next release is just for it to be more friendly to use and to be like a smart application that intuits your movement through the application. It needs to be something that works smoothly and intelligent without any complicated navigation of screens.

Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, Atlassian and others in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites. Updated: September 2022.
633,572 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the product since the start of 2018, or almost two years.

I don't have any first-hand information about performance and stability because I'm not the right person to answer those questions. But I have not received any negative feedback from my team about a lack of stability.

As management, I know how many people are using this product. We have about 60 users.

As far as how extensively we use AccuRev, it is a product we only use from time to time as needed. Right now we have no reason to scale usage.

I don't deal with any of the support or customer service because we already have a team for that. The user guide or product manual that is integrated into the system is not fully functional and does not have complete information about the application. When we use it, it is hard to find the help we need. This is really part of customer service and there is not enough information there.

We used a lot of different products before this one. One was Micro Focus. AccuRev has similar features, but money-wise it is cheaper than Micro Focus. Right now, money-wise, I am not sure that either is worth the investment. Our budget controls our work environment.

The AccuRev product is okay. The main difference between AccuRev and Micro Focus is that Micro Focus is a huge name. You can depend on it. But it is not easy for a consultant or anyone working in the software development area to develop the experience they need to use a product. Those working with it need some awareness of the product and they need some time to be working with it. It is not simple like Oracle or Microsoft that everyone uses. The dynamic is different because you can't just buy it directly in a store. It needs some technical expertise brought in from some other company. The problem is kind of considered a technical problem. It is not a product problem. Developing the experience is the problem.

As far as choosing AccuRev, I liked this product in the beginning but there are difficulties with using and learning it. Currently, we use JIRA and we are using it for cost and ease-of-use.

I don't know exactly about the installation of the system because the installation is handled by another team. I'm at the level of top management and a C-level executive, so I don't know if the implementation and installation are easy or not. But I don't have any complaints from the team that they have difficulties with installation and maintenance.

We are already consultants ourselves, so we have our consultants on our existing team. We deploy the product by ourselves.

We have seen a bonified return on investment.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate AccuRev as an eight.

Sameh-Hablas - PeerSpot reviewer
Sameh-HablasCEO - Director General & Founder/ IT Expert - Digital Transformation at Al Danah Information Systems Solutions
Top 20Real User

multiple activities , imagination is like no one I’ve ever worked with. You find new solutions to some of our most complex problems

Download our free Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) Suites Report and find out what your peers are saying about Micro Focus, Microsoft, Atlassian, and more!
Updated: September 2022