IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ManageEngine Log360 OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Log360 is #9 ranked solution in top User Behavior Analytics - UEBA tools, #26 ranked solution in Log Management Software, and #31 ranked solution in top Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools. PeerSpot users give ManageEngine Log360 an average rating of 6 out of 10. ManageEngine Log360 is most commonly compared to ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer: ManageEngine Log360 vs ManageEngine EventLog Analyzer. ManageEngine Log360 is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Log Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is ManageEngine Log360?

Log360 is your one-stop solution for all log management and network security challenges. It is an integrated solution that combines EventLog Analyzer and ADAudit Plus into a single console to help you manage your Active Directory auditing and network security easily.

ManageEngine Log360 Customers

First Mountain Bank, TRA, Citadel Group, OnPoint Financial Corp, Florida Dept. of Transportation

ManageEngine Log360 Video

ManageEngine Log360 Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ManageEngine Log360 pricing:
"Its pricing is definitely huge compared to some of the other SIEMs. Its price should be improved."

ManageEngine Log360 Reviews

IT Security Admin at a university with 501-1,000 employees
A user-friendly log management and alerting solution
  • "The reports that you can run are really nice."
  • "It takes a little bit of time for Log360 to actually learn your environment."

What is most valuable?

The reports that you can run are really nice. They give you a lot of standard reports, which are nice, and the ability to run some custom ones, too. It takes some intuitive thinking to use it, but overall it's generally user-friendly; although it takes some digging to find the report you're looking for — it's almost overkill by data. They have been doing some webinars for their solutions that run-down through it, and those are actually quite helpful. What they're doing for their improvement is kind of nice. They're sending out a series of webinars and then you can log on and ask live questions to the engineers as they're taking you through the use of the product. I am actually finding that quite helpful. I've had to go leaps and bounds, wondering where stuff was at. There's a lot of tabs to go through. There's a lot of information presented within the system and knowing where to go in it is taking that process through, like, "You go here, you look there, you see this here. Can you think of a use case where you would want to know that?" They ask those questions and they get responses in their webinars and I think that's quite valuable. They're giving you an hour to go through it and they're covering most of the material in 45 minutes. They need to actually have the product explained a little bit better than just, "Here you go." I think Varonis is a little bit more, "Hey, these are the alerts you have." And then on the right, it drives you right to where you need to go. With ManageEngine, you need to actually have an idea of what you want to do with the information you're looking at. It doesn't drive you in the direction — that's a con. Varonis kind of drives you down. On the right, it gives you the event list and you can go through it and drive to the data on the individual alert. ManageEngine gives you the alert and then you need to know where to go.

What needs improvement?

Because I haven't been using it long enough, I am not too sure what's missing. I am comparing it with Varonis. The two seem to be lining up a lot, but Varonis is a little bit better as it gives me real-time alerts for the file shares. It takes a little bit of time for Log360 to actually learn your environment. I am dealing with a lot of alerts that aren't exactly valid because it just doesn't know yet. The learning environment time is a little bit lengthy, but I think it's necessary. Since Varonis was already in the environment, I have no idea how long that took for it to learn that behavior. It's hard for me to compare the two in that aspect, but that's what I'm dealing with. That's what I would expect somebody else to be dealing with if they just got the product and they didn't have anything.

I have been using ManageEngine Log360 for the past couple of months.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give ManageEngine a rating of eight. It gives me a lot of information. Without the webinars, I'd give it a seven. If they improved their alerting capabilities, I'd give them a higher rating. For example, "Click here to drive down, and here are the recommended steps for evaluating this alert." If it did that, I would give it a rating of ten. That's really the thing that they need. They need to drive their traffic on their platform as opposed to you having to guess where to go.
ME Product Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Large sizing, good reporting and offers a great shuttle import feature
  • "The reporting is great. Everything you need is in the report for you already."
  • "The matter of the data retention needs to be addressed."

What is most valuable?

The solution has many features that I like very much.

The user logs and files are great. The shuttle import is useful for imported logs and prices.

The reporting is great. Everything you need is in the report for you already.

The solution is quite large, which is useful for our level of business.

What needs improvement?

The matter of the data retention needs to be addressed.

The back-end, moving to a whole new server, needs the integration of the data already collected by this tool. Right now, this is lacking. I have some customers that have to collect data for a period of two years. That data needs to be mobile - and we are talking about two terabytes or three terabytes of logs. There's always a problem, where the old server is breaking or at the end of the life, and they need a whole new one and need to migrate, however, it is very hard to find a way to do this effectively.

In a future release, I would like to see some sort of feature that prepares one predefined installation. It would also be ideal if we could have separate servers for separate customers.

I would like to see that there are some items that are predefined, and some features to predefine some settings. For example, I would like to create some custom reports for customer complaints and be able to report the issues and put them into every part of the solution.

I've been using the solution for the last two years now.

The stability is good. We haven't had any issues with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. When we need to access our data to check on things we can easily.

The scalability is very good. Very nice. We have a distribution version for big IT environments in a global context. We can collect some old download data, to check them, from one place on one single server.

Our organization is quite large, and we have no trouble using this solution to manage the work.

We've dealt with technical support in the past. I can say with certainty they have been very good, and very professional. There has been no problem getting help from them when we need it. They're easy to work with. We're satisfied with the level of service they provide to us.

The initial setup was not complex. It was very straightforward. We didn't have any issues with the implementation.

How long it takes in total depends on if you are talking about a full deployment or just an installation. The more jobs, the more time it will take to configure the environment servers, and tasks of that nature. That's got to be solved. However, preparation for that part is most likely very easy and very simple for most organizations and should take perhaps six hours at a maximum.

What other advice do I have?

I am a part-time partner and I am a unique distributor.

We're using the corporate version of the solution. It's the biggest version you can get.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten. I'm waiting on a new feature they promised us int he third quarter. Other than that, the solution has worked quite well for me and offers almost everything I need.

Log Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Splunk, IBM and others in Log Management. Updated: June 2022.
610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Director of Information Technology at a aerospace/defense firm with 501-1,000 employees
Helpful for compliance, but pricing and support can be better
  • "It basically helps us. We have to stay in compliance with certain issues with some of our customers. We have to have these types of tools in place for protecting our network and our data. We're in the aerospace industry, so we have a lot of defense contracts. So, all those guys will make sure that we're protecting their information, and it does a good job in that aspect."
  • "Their technical support should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We basically utilize the tool to monitor security events based on a logon process such as bad passwords, lockout, etc.

We are using its latest version. We just upgraded it over the weekend.

What is most valuable?

It basically helps us. We have to stay in compliance with certain issues with some of our customers. We have to have these types of tools in place for protecting our network and our data. We're in the aerospace industry, so we have a lot of defense contracts. So, all those guys will make sure that we're protecting their information, and it does a good job in that aspect.

What needs improvement?

Its pricing should be better. Pricing is definitely a big factor for us.

Their technical support should also be improved.

I have been using this solution for about three years.

It is pretty stable. We haven't had any problems with the system. I don't use the tool as much as my team does, so I really couldn't get into the specifics. It does what we want in terms of staying in compliance.

I'm not too familiar with its scalability.

I haven't had very good support from those guys.

I haven't used any other products, but I've heard of products like LogRhythm and Splunk, and they seem to be supreme to this particular product that we have.

Its pricing is definitely huge compared to some of the other SIEMs. Its price should be improved.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Log360 a six out of 10.

Senior IT Support Analyst at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
Support is not responsive and the stability needs improvement

What is most valuable?

It is nice to be able to monitor and to have notifications.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we can't even get it to work.

The support needs improvement.

The stability needs to be improved.

ManageEngine Log360 is not a stable solution. It needs improvement.

We have tickets in to get it fixed but we are not having a lot of luck.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate ManageEngine Log360 a three out of ten.

Download our free Log Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, Splunk, IBM, and more!
Updated: June 2022