IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer is #12 ranked solution in top Firewall Security Management tools. PeerSpot users give ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer an average rating of 10 out of 10. ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer is most commonly compared to AlgoSec: ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer vs AlgoSec. ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 52% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Firewall Security Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer?

ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer is an agent less log analytics and configuration management software that helps network administrators to centrally collect, archive, analyze their security device logs and generate forensic reports out of it.

Real-time event response system and Integrated Compliance Management module of Firewall Analyzer automates your end point security monitoring, network bandwidth monitoring and security & compliance auditing. Firewall Analyzer eases your Device Configuration Management by providing out-of-the-box reports and alerts for configuration changes. Firewall Analyzer is vendor-agnostic and supports almost all open source and commercial network firewalls like Check Point, Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet, Snort, Squid Project, SonicWALL, Palo Alto and more, IDS/IPS, VPNs, Proxies and other related security devices.

ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer Customers

WFP, NYC.gov, Sony Pictures, Franklin Security Bank, ITC INFOTECH

ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer Video

Archived ManageEngine Firewall Analyzer Reviews (more than two years old)

Enterprise Architect - Information Security at a transportation company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Simple and easy to use but needs better graphical visualization
  • "Overall the solution does a good job."
  • "The solution lacks a lot of features that other products have in the marketplace."

What is most valuable?

We haven't deployed the solution with any company yet; we're thinking about it. As a product, I know it from a previous organization. The only features that I like about it are its simplicity and its ease of use.  Overall the solution does a good job.

What needs improvement?

The solution lacks a lot of features that other products have in the marketplace. The solution needs better visual representation and better reporting. The reports sometimes are not as good as what is offered by other competitors. The dashboard is sufficient, but it's not as intuitive as many competitor dashboards. The solution needs a better graphical visualization so that you can see the rules. Just generally, the solution needs to have the ability to do much more granular level visualizations. This is especially necessary around the policy engines. Users should be able to create network segmentation zones and then do what-if scenarios so that they can understand the impact and do more fine-grain impact analysis of new rules before deploying them.

I've been using the solution for about four years.

We haven't deployed the solution yet, so I can't speak to how stable the solution is.
Firewall Security Management
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ManageEngine, AlgoSec, FireMon and others in Firewall Security Management. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We haven't deployed the solution yet. In my past organization, it was used for a very small deployment. I have no experience of how good it is in terms of scalability. We will need it to scale if we do use it.  That feature will be something that would be important for us if it's effective.

I don't deal with technical support or handle technical issues related to the product.

We haven't attempted deployment of the solution, so I can't speak to the implementation process.

My job is to evaluate other products in the marketplace against our company's requirements. I've looked at AlgoCircle, Twofin and Skybox. Many of these are more suited for enterprise-level organizations and have far more features than ManageEngine.

What other advice do I have?

We're not personally using the solution. We provide services for it and consider using it for our clients. I can speak about the product, however, I cannot discuss how the solution is deployed or anything around that. My job is to evaluate platforms and technologies. It's a good product, but I'd advise those considering the solution to also evaluate other products in the marketplace against their requirements and then decide that if they want something quick and fast and relatively cheap or not. For quick and cheap, ManageEngine ticks those boxes. If they want something that's more feature-rich and more capable, then they probably need to go to something, like AlgoCircle, or Twofin or Skybox. I'd rate the solution six out of ten. I'm looking for much more advanced capabilities that ManageEngine hasn't quite got yet for basic deployment. For a small enterprise of maybe 10, 20, 50 firewalls, it's fine. When you're in an environment where you have over half a million rules in the environment, it's not as good.
reviewer988773 - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy Manager - Procurement & Sourcing at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy implementation and helps in managing the compliance as per company policy
  • "Firewall Analyzer helps our organization to fulfill the compliance requirement as per ISO 27001, managing the network security effectively."

What is our primary use case?

Firewall Analyzer helps our network team to analyze the log, helps in monitoring the firewall and network security status. It also helps in managing the compliance as per company policy, reviewing employee activities over the internet, etc.

How has it helped my organization?

What is most valuable?

• Firewall policy management
    • Compliance management
    • Network security management
    • Log analysis
    • Internet bandwidth monitoring.

What needs improvement?

OEM needs to work on pricing, apart from the same current features which are effective and useful for any organization.

Three to five years.

Stability of the solution is satisfactory.

The tool is effective and can be scalable as per the requirement.

Technical support is satisfactory.

We didn't have any other tool earlier. However, we have evaluated multiple tools before finalizing on the Firewall Analyzer.

Implementation is easy.

Implementation was done by an in-house team.

Till date approx. 80%.

Licensing policy and implementation is easy.

We have evaluated multiple options.

Firewall Security Management
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    reviewer979752 - PeerSpot reviewer
    Staff Information System Analyst with 1,001-5,000 employees
    I found the reporting to be useful because not only can I go back months, but it lists the individual, URLs, and the time that a particular person visited

What is our primary use case?

Using this product as a syslog server to capture windows server logs and Palo Alto firewall. The default logs per product differ as I needed longer than one month's worth.

How has it helped my organization?

It is another tool to have. In my case, it stores my logs for me so that I can use the product to do reporting.

What is most valuable?

I found the reporting to be useful because not only can I go back months, but it lists the individual URLs and the time that a particular person visited.

What needs improvement?

None, as I need it for the syslog portion. It would be awesome if the product could monitor services for applications.

Trial/evaluations only.

It's quick and responsive. No side effect yet.

I can see it being able to replace the Palo Alto logs as it gives a better view of the information needed.

Haven't called yet.

The setup was easy enough not to have to call tech support.

In-house.

Hoping that this product will pay itself off in less than a year.

Setup was extremely easy. A lot of good tutorials are available.

What other advice do I have?

None.

Network Admin at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    With the log transparency, you can understand the source & destination with the service port number.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is log transparency because it shows logs in a very easy way. You can easily understand the source & destination with the service port number.

The event log also works fine. We get transparency in the event log product.

How has it helped my organization?

They should improve monitoring & notifications when switching concepts. My latest experience is they were unable to get switch access alerts. It doesn't have any option for Cisco IPS monitoring. Their server doesn't support 64-bit Check Point firewall & many other types of firewall, like Sophos.

What needs improvement?

They should appoint more technical staff for Saturday & Sunday support.

I have used it for more than two years.

I have encountered stability issues. Many times when I have restarted my log server, services wouldn't automatically start.

In the event log analyzer, many times the servers don't show logs.

Customer service is very good & polite. As I mentioned elsewhere, they should appoint more tech staff for Saturday & Sunday support.

Tech support is excellent & polite. I've talked with Mr. Aswim many times; he has always given quick & polite responses.

I didn't previously use any monitoring solutions.

I implemented it directly with ManageEngine.

I didn't use any other solutions, so I can't say anything about pricing. I think the price is high as per other solutions.

Before choosing, we also evaluated SolarWinds Syslog Server.