IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Magic xpa Application Platform OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Magic xpa Application Platform is #7 ranked solution in top Application Server tools, #7 ranked solution in top Mobile Development Platforms, and #10 ranked solution in top Application Infrastructure tools. PeerSpot users give Magic xpa Application Platform an average rating of 10 out of 10. Magic xpa Application Platform is most commonly compared to Microsoft .NET Framework: Magic xpa Application Platform vs Microsoft .NET Framework. Magic xpa Application Platform is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 53% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Application Server Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Magic xpa Application Platform?
Magic&nbspxpa Application Platform is a code-free, visual development and deployment environment for the quick creation of enterprise-grade mobile, web and desktop apps. Magic&nbspxpa lets you leverage the same business logic to develop once and deploy across platforms. You can create a portfolio of high performance business apps with a single skill set and minimal resources. By allowing you to develop, maintain and update apps quickly and cost-effectively, Magic supports your digital transformation and enterprise mobility strategies, making it easy for you to give your business a competitive edge.

Magic xpa Application Platform was previously known as uniPaaS.

Magic xpa Application Platform Customers
ADD, Cape plc, Adecco, Kuno Kinzoku Industry Co., GE Capital, Dove Tree, CBS Outdoor, Paris-Nord Villepinte Exhibition Center, Allstate Life Insurance Company, Titan Software Systems
Magic xpa Application Platform Video

Magic xpa Application Platform Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Magic xpa Application Platform pricing:
"The licensing is too costly."

Magic xpa Application Platform Reviews

Per-Olof Hermansson - PeerSpot reviewer
CEO at Mass Marketing Software AB
Makes it easy to manage and adapt software
  • "The solution makes the managing and adapting of the software very easy."
  • "Support is very bad."

What is our primary use case?

I use the latest version and its predecessor. We use the solution in respect of membership organizations which are in charge of memberships, subscriptions and donations.

How has it helped my organization?

The solution makes the managing and adapting of the software very easy. When it comes to the application's service, mistakes can easily be resolved. This shortens the time it takes to progress from an idea to a new function.

What is most valuable?

The solution's most valuable feature involves its ability to integrate well with Oracle, a product we have also been using.

What needs improvement?

The solution is complex and has a long learning curve. I am not referring to its initial setup, which is very simple, but its use.  Support is very bad. The main focus is placed on their own customers, big banks and big insurance companies, so those, like us, who are independent software vendors, are ignored.  While I have tentative, though not definite, plans to increase the usage, the solution suffers from certain weaknesses, such as its essential lack of an internet web interface, a feature I really want.  I rate the solution as a nine out of ten, since everything about it is good, save for the internet connectivity. Everything having to do with the internet is underperformed, which is not good. This is my main issue with the solution. The licensing is too costly. The runtime cost is very expensive, especially in respect of a big server with many clients. So too, the development tool is expensive, as is the yearly maintenance cost.  While the solution is perfect for one who wishes to make local, standalone solutions on a Windows network or computer with an Oracle database, it is not well suited for internet-or-cloud-based distributed systems.
Application Server
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Magic Software, GigaSpaces, Apache and others in Application Server. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using the latest version of Magic xpa Application Platform for around two years, but an earlier version since the mid-nineties.

The solution is very stable.

The solution is highly scalable, allowing one to use very large databases and systems.We have tentative, though indefinite, plans to increase the usage.

Support is very bad. The main focus is placed on their own customers, big banks and big insurance companies, so those, like us, who are independent software vendors, are ignored.

We use Oracle, in addition to Magic xpa Application Platform. Prior to using Magic xpa Application Platform, in the late eighties-early nineties, we had our own tool which was made by some of our programmers. Their ideas were really good. Then. I discovered Magic xpa Application Platform, with which those same ideas were implemented. So. we used C++ and made all the tools our own.  We did not compare Magic xpa Application Platform to another product prior to going with it.

The solution is very easy to install.  The period from installation, through configuration, and until use takes around a half-an-hour.

I handled the setup on my own.  I handle the maintenance on a part time basis. Maintenance is also one of Magic's strengths, software maintenance being done with ease.

In spite of the solution's high cost, we see a very large return on our investment. It allows one to develop extremely fast and make specific customized solutions to fit the bill of each customer with tremendous simplicity. As such, the solution may be worth its high expense.

The licensing is too costly. The runtime cost is very expensive, especially in respect of a big server with many clients. So too, the development tool is expensive, as is the yearly maintenance cost. There are no additional costs beyond the standard licensing fee.  In spite of the solution's high cost, we see a very large return on our investment. It allows one to develop extremely fast and make specific customized solutions to fit the bill of each customer with tremendous simplicity. As such, the solution seems worth its high expense.

What other advice do I have?

I have around 15 users. I rate Magic xpa Application Platform as a nine out of ten, since everything is really good about it save for its internet connectivity.

Download our free Application Server Report and find out what your peers are saying about Magic Software, GigaSpaces, Apache, and more!
Updated: June 2022