Ixia Hawkeye OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Ixia Hawkeye is the #2 ranked solution in top Unified Communications Monitoring tools, #51 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools, and #56 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give Ixia Hawkeye an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Ixia Hawkeye is most commonly compared to Gigamon: Ixia Hawkeye vs Gigamon. Ixia Hawkeye is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 71% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Network Monitoring Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is Ixia Hawkeye?
Hawkeye quickly and effectively validates network performance, isolates problems, and proactively detects issues by running scheduled verification tests. Using a combination of hardware and software agents called Performance Endpoints, Hawkeye simulates application traffic and sends key performance metrics to a central console for fast action.
Ixia Hawkeye Customers
EMA
Ixia Hawkeye Video

Ixia Hawkeye Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Ixia Hawkeye pricing:
"It cost us approximately 25,000 for two years. This is cheaper than ThousandEyes."

Ixia Hawkeye Reviews

Senior Network Analyst at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
User experience monitoring system that is easy to set up and run tests on
  • "The ease of setup is the most valuable aspect of this solution. It's easy to set up and run tests."
  • "You can't delete more than one thing at a time. It would be great to be able to highlight three out of five things and delete them, whether it's a test or an actual report."

What is our primary use case?

I use this solution differently compared to how others use it. I use it as a traffic generator. We have five people within our team using this solution. This includes network engineers and IT specialists.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

There are quite a few ways that this solution could be improved. You can't delete more than one thing at a time. It would be great to be able to highlight three out of five things and delete them, whether it's a test or an actual report.

We'd also like to have access to more types of tests. There's no data, SQL or SQL type testing so you can't simulate any type of storage protocols.

When it comes to their traffic mix, it would be nice to have different sets of data that you can send across, especially when you're working on QoS.

I have been using this solution for a year and a half.

Network Monitoring Software
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about Ixia, NETSCOUT, Cisco and others in Network Monitoring Software. Updated: January 2023.
670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.

This is a stable solution for what we use it for.

This solution is scalable from a network point of view. When it comes to scalability and new features, there are features we have been waiting for for a year and a half and that as been disappointing.

I would rate the technical support for this solution a seven out of ten. The issue that I have is with the emails back and forth. It is difficult getting them on a call to work on the issues.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

The initial setup is easy and straightforward.

The value of this solution lies in identifying issues that might occur in production if we promote something in pre-production.

It cost us approximately 25,000 for two years. This is cheaper than ThousandEyes.

What other advice do I have?

My advice on using this solution depends on what you want to use it for. If you're going to implement it with Hawkeye, I would recommend purchasing it with some type of support where the Hawkeye engineers or SMEs can work with you to set up the conditions within the environment.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten. If they invested some money on engineering and advancements, it would be a ten out of ten. They currently have some limitations.

Download our free Network Monitoring Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about Ixia, NETSCOUT, Cisco, and more!
Updated: January 2023