IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

IBM Security Network IPS OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

IBM Security Network IPS is #18 ranked solution in top Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software. PeerSpot users give IBM Security Network IPS an average rating of 8 out of 10. IBM Security Network IPS is most commonly compared to Darktrace: IBM Security Network IPS vs Darktrace. IBM Security Network IPS is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.

Download the Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is IBM Security Network IPS?
IBM Security Network Intrusion Prevention System appliances are designed to stop constantly evolving threats before they impact your business. This means providing both high levels of protection and performance, while lowering the overall cost and complexity associated with deploying and managing a large number of point solutions.

IBM Security Network IPS was previously known as Security Network Intrusion Prevention System, IBM Security Network Protection, XGS, GX.

IBM Security Network IPS Customers
Equifax, Christian Hospital Centre
IBM Security Network IPS Video

Archived IBM Security Network IPS Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user157971 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Valuable features include signature based analysis and preventing different types of network attacks.

What is most valuable?

Signature based analysis and preventing different types of network attacks.

What needs improvement?

The management server can be made more user friendly and also the database configuration could be made simpler.

2.5 years.

Yes during the connectivity between management server and database server.
Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Darktrace, Trend Micro and others in Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS). Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Yes sometimes while managing the same through management server.

Not really.

Customer Service: 3.5 out of 5. Technical Support: 3.2 out of 5.

As mentioned earlier the configuration and setting up management server was a bit complex

Through a vendor team. They were good enough to implement it smoothly.

ROI is fair as per the security is concerned.

What other advice do I have?

Would advise people to use the product but only with the technical support in place for product.
it_user149538 - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior InfoSec Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The Configuration of this product is complex. It could me made more user friendly.

Valuable Features

1. The Inline Simulation
  2. Centralized management using IBM SiteProtector Server
  3. Customization of the Signatures

Improvements to My Organization

IPS has helped us in understanding more about the latest threats out there and made us realize that we need to be proactive when it comes to security rather then reactive

Room for Improvement

Use of Solution

I have used this product for 4 Years

Yes, the Java version installed was the latest version which is not compatible with the Version the IPS supports. So had to remove and install an older version of Java so that initial configuration could be performed.

I haven't had any issues with stability.

I haven't had any issues with scalability.

The customer service was up to the mark. They provide detailed steps on how to solve a problem.

Good

Complex, Initial configuration can be done using the web console which is Java based. It only works with a older version of Java.

Implementation Team

In-House

Download our free Intrusion Detection and Prevention Software (IDPS) Report and find out what your peers are saying about IBM, Darktrace, Trend Micro, and more!
Updated: June 2022