IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Hyland Perceptive Content OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Hyland Perceptive Content?
ImageNow start by eliminating one of the biggest barriers to greater productivity unmanaged content creation. Perceptive Capture puts content under control from the moment of its creation or capture.

Hyland Perceptive Content was previously known as ImageNow.

Hyland Perceptive Content Customers
Columbia Sportwear
Hyland Perceptive Content Video

Archived Hyland Perceptive Content Reviews (more than two years old)

it_user588597 - PeerSpot reviewer
Project Accountant at a construction company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Once a document is scanned, you can neither edit it nor change its location.

What is most valuable?

Everything is saved online. There is no need for us to scan paper copies and save them in our computers for our records. We used to scan all the invoices that we processed and save them on a shared drive. We also had to file away the paper copies and keep them in the storage room for years.

How has it helped my organization?

Here are some of the ways this tool has improved our organization:

• We have saved time by not having to do traditional scanning. We still have to scan into ImageNow, but it is much faster with a separator sheet.
  • We no longer have to file the paper copies. It saves us time and also saves us a lot of money because we no longer need to keep them at Iron Mountain.
  • We now have quick access to invoices by searching them in ImageNow, rather than searching for them on a shared drive.
  • We usually keep multiple invoices in one batch. With ImageNow, we can search individual invoices.

What needs improvement?

I would like it to have more functions, like Bluebeam. It can be improved so that we can edit the file that got scanned into the system. If we scan the document to the wrong place, we can’t change it. As an example, if something was scanned as a reference, but should be an invoice, you cannot change it afterwards.

I think it should have more functions that will allow us to edit the file in ImageNow -- such as adding pages, deleting pages.

I also think it should have more hot keys (maybe I just don’t know there are) for easier “route forward”, “view next item”, so I don’t have to use my mouse.

There is also a question that came up when I was using it recently, why do we need both “properties” and “forms”?
If we index the document in Forms, it will take a long time for it to move to another queue and show the info. If we index it in Properties, it will update immediately.
My question is why do we need both? Can’t we just put info in Forms and it will work just like Properties? It is time-consuming to put info in both pages.

If the invoice is out of balance, maybe there should be a function that stops it being routed forward. If we route it by accident, it takes time for the approver to reject and routed back.
If we can catch it in the first place and fix it when there is a warning sign. I know that there will be a red message saying “out of balance”, but it doesn’t always show up.

Is it possible for us to “recall” the routed item? Just like recalling an email that you accidentally sent out.

Can we make the Notes section working like a sticky note so it shows name/date, shows the most recent message on top.

Sticky note is hard to read (too small) and easily get missed as people put it anywhere.
We use notes section for every invoice. We often put a lot of messages there and it gets messy.

We have been using this solution for one year.

It will stop working if you are in the system for too long.

There have been no scalability issues.

I was involved in the installation. It was easy and user-friendly.

What other advice do I have?

If you want to go paperless, this is a great product.

it_user597615 - PeerSpot reviewer
Associate Director Admissions Systems And Operations at a university
You can see documents based on security clearance.

What is most valuable?

How has it helped my organization?

There are no lost documents. Everyone can see them based on security clearance.

What needs improvement?

• Bar Code
  • OCR
  • ICR

It was installed 11 years ago but I started using it 9 years ago.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

We would rate technical support at 10/10. They are very thorough and understand our needs.

We did not use any other solution beforehand.

Once overall setup was complete, it is very easy to maintain.

• Make sure you know your needs and volume, and buy accordingly.
  • Keep up to date with changes in software capabilities.

We did not evaluate any other solution beforehand.

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you define your requirements for the future.

it_user590442 - PeerSpot reviewer
Director Of Records at a university with 51-200 employees
With workflows, a group of people can be working on appeals and forward them all to one queue.

What is most valuable?

I like the ability to have workflows. A group of people can be working on appeals and forward them all to one queue. That’s a great feature.

How has it helped my organization?

We are able to get rid of almost all paper forms.

What needs improvement?

I’ve been using the Web version the past year due to moving to a laptop as my primary computer. No one can seem to figure out how to print into WebNow, even though the Capture option is still there. I still plan to figure that out on my own.

When a user has the Perceptive Software License on their computer, they are able to print PDF documents directly into ImageNow (File, Print, ImageNow is an option along with PDF, printer, etc.). From my understanding, ImageNow licenses are not compatible with laptop computers (at least not with the one that I have). Therefore, if I have a PDF on my screen, in order to get it into ImageNow, I have to either email it to someone with a license, who can print directly to ImageNow, or print it out and have someone at a scanning station, scan it in and then link it to a student’s record.

I have been using ImageNow for 3 years.

I do not know of any stability issues.

I refer to the office of IT at my institution if I have any issues with it.

I have never used a different imaging system.

What other advice do I have?

As an end user, I like it. I’ve known of some implementation issues, but not sure exactly what they were.

it_user108429 - PeerSpot reviewer
Software Support Specialist at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Highly customizable but Perceptive needs to spend more time on developing their currently owned products

Valuable Features

Customizability that the product gives to make the end user happy.

Improvements to My Organization

Handling of documents across 30 different locations in 5 states has improved the information pipeline.

Room for Improvement

Too many companies/products have been purchased by Perceptive over the past few years with what feels like little development on currently owned products.

Use of Solution

4 years

Customer Service: GoodTechnical Support: Good

Other Advice

Have someone that is dedicated to support the product and make sure you have the weight management behind the product to make people switch/use the product.