IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

HVR Software OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HVR Software is #2 ranked solution in top Data Replication tools, #10 ranked solution in top Cloud Data Integration tools, and #27 ranked solution in top Data Integration Tools. PeerSpot users give HVR Software an average rating of 8 out of 10. HVR Software is most commonly compared to Qlik Replicate: HVR Software vs Qlik Replicate. HVR Software is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 77% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 28% of all views.

Download the Data Integration Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is HVR Software?
We Accelerate Data Movement so that you can Revolutionize Your Business HVR is designed to move large volumes of data FAST and efficiently in complex environments for real-time updates. Our goal is to keep your data moving and in sync as you adopt new technologies for storing, streaming, and analyzing data. Our scalable solution gives you everything you need for efficient data replication from beginning to end so that you can readily revolutionize your business for the modern world.

HVR Software was previously known as HVR, PSB HVR.

HVR Software Customers
Aspen Marketing Services, CACI, Federal Inland Revenue Service, GlobalCollect, Lufthansa Systems, PostNl, US Coast Guard
HVR Software Video

HVR Software Pricing Advice

What users are saying about HVR Software pricing:
"I don't have the exact information, but I know it is high, and it is on a yearly basis. There is no additional cost for what we're doing. We're always open to doing things cheaper, so we might potentially implement a different solution."

HVR Software Reviews

Database Administrator at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Good stability and scalability, easy setup, and valuable compare feature
  • "The compare feature is the most valuable piece of it."
  • "The documentation can be laid out better to make it easier to find things, and I really wish there was built-in support for changing passwords. Some features don't work as advertised for the platform/repository database, and HVR is not always the fastest at getting results."

What is our primary use case?

I'm responsible for replicating the data from one source to another. It is constantly running, and we do nothing other than looking at monitoring reports. Once it is established, it is pretty much hands-off. We are not using its latest version. We are slow to migrate to the new version. We wait until there is a need to upgrade, and we are generally one or two versions behind.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the way our organization functions.

What is most valuable?

The compare feature is the most valuable piece of it.

What needs improvement?

The documentation can be laid out better to make it easier to find things, and I really wish there was built-in support for changing passwords. Some features don't work as advertised for the platform/repository database, and HVR is not always the fastest at getting results.
Data Integration Tools
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about HVR Software, Qlik, Oracle and others in Data Integration Tools. Updated: June 2022.
607,127 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I have been using this solution for three years.

We like its stability.

We like its scalability.

They are adequate.

I have used GoldenGate replication previously.

Installing the software is really straightforward. Getting your replication stream working is a little bit more complicated, but it is not overly complicated.

Its deployment was done in-house. It took weeks.  There are two people to manage it and make sure that it is working. They are part of the data team or the infrastructure team making sure that we're building our analytic pipeline.

I don't have the exact information, but I know it is high, and it is on a yearly basis. There is no additional cost for what we're doing. We're always open to doing things cheaper, so we might potentially implement a different solution.

We looked at Informatica, but one of the sources that we had was only supported with HVR. That's why we went with HVR.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate HVR an eight out of ten.

Solution Delivery Lead and MDM lead - Europe at a consultancy with 10,001+ employees
Provides a lot of flexibility and seems stable

What is our primary use case?

We are doing a proof of concept, and we are still building the operating model. We are using it for moving data from one source to another. We will be using HVR with Snowflake.

What is most valuable?

It is not like a traditional ETL, but it gives quite a lot of flexibility.

What needs improvement?

It should have a few more monitoring functionalities. It should also support integration with more data sources. Currently, it supports Snowflake, AWS, and Google Cloud, but it can also support SAP integration. They can make it more flexible.

I have been using this solution for around six months.

It seems to be stable, but we have not yet used it in production. It is still in development.

We are a large enterprise, but it also seems suitable for small and medium enterprises.

We have not contacted their support.

We did not do any deployment at all. We started around six months back, and we are just in the early stages of doing a proof of concept.

We didn't evaluate other options.

What other advice do I have?

Based on our experience so far, I would rate it an eight out of ten. We will get to know more about how it is in a couple of months.

Download our free Data Integration Tools Report and find out what your peers are saying about HVR Software, Qlik, Oracle, and more!
Updated: June 2022