HPE System Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE System Management is the #17 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give HPE System Management an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. HPE System Management is most commonly compared to Lenovo XClarity Controller: HPE System Management vs Lenovo XClarity Controller. HPE System Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 58% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Server Monitoring Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is HPE System Management?
HP System Management, is a solution that consolidates and correlates fault and performance events across your entire physical and virtual IT infrastructure.

HPE System Management was previously known as System Management, Operations Center, HP System Management.

HPE System Management Customers
Infotec
HPE System Management Video

Archived HPE System Management Reviews (more than two years old)

Dipesh Shah - PeerSpot reviewer
VP IT & Infrastructure Head at EDUSPARK INTERNATIONAL PVT LTD
Good management and monitoring of servers and very good stability
  • "The managing and monitoring are the solution's most valuable features. They are something I find quite helpful in my work."
  • "If the solution could provide better integration to make it easier to manage everything on different servers, that would be helpful. Whatever servers a company has, be it IBM, Dell, etc., if the System Management could be a platform that links all of them together, it would make management across different server types easier."

What is our primary use case?

We're primarily using the solution throughout our company. We have distributed architecture and we have around 40 branches in India. We have a combination of servers such as HPE and Dell. Whenever we have HPE servers, we are using HPE System Management to manage them.

We are basically using the solution for managing and monitoring the servers as well as handling remote support and manage the centralized server management team using the provided support. All of it is a decentralized implementation. We're monitoring the servers, setting notifications, remove keys, connecting, tracking, etc.

What is most valuable?

Overall the solution is quite good.

What needs improvement?

For now, for us, the solution is quite complete. I'm not sure of other features that are lacking that we would need to handle what we do on the solution.

If the solution could provide better integration to make it easier to manage everything on different servers, that would be helpful. Whatever servers a company has, be it IBM, Dell, etc., if the System Management could be a platform that links all of them together, it would make management across different server types easier.

I've been using the solution for the past three or four years.

Server Monitoring
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Lenovo, Microsoft and others in Server Monitoring. Updated: November 2022.
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of the system is quite good and it's meeting our current needs quite well. We haven't experienced any crashes, bugs or glitches that would make us question the stability of the system.

The scalability is very good. It's met our needs so far, and we haven't had any trouble expanding as needed.

If we have hardware issues, we tend to reach out to HPE for support.

For us in India, I think the hardware replacement is a little bit slow. It is not as bad as compared to what the rest of India deals with, however. Still, sometimes, the hardware replacement takes a bit longer than we would like.

The initial setup is straightforward. For us, we didn't run into any complexities.

The entire installation took somewhere around two hours in total.

The channel partners that we originally purchased the servers through assisted us with the setup. We were quite satisfied with the results and their assistance.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to other companies would be that they should have a strong understanding of what they need when they are procuring the service pack. They should be conscious of what options they are selecting. HPE has different care packages and different types of service packs. New users need to understand the offerings of each and should be very clear with HPE about what their expectations are and what they want to purchase.

Currently, overall, I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. As far as our HPE servers are concerned, it's providing everything we need.

Technical Director at Paraflow Communications Ltd.
Reseller
Stable, easy to deploy, and the dashboard gives us full management capability
  • "The interface is in continuous development and improves version by version."
  • "Our customers would like to see the price lowered."

What is our primary use case?

We are a system integrator and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

This solution allows for the simple configuration of blades or rack-mount servers with a small SAN.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the dashboard, which allows us to manage the entire infrastructure from the console.

The interface is in continuous development and improves version by version.

What needs improvement?

Our customers would like to see the price lowered.

We have more than 20 years of experience with HP products and we have been using HPE System Management since it first came out.

The stability is perfect.

This solution scales well enough for our needs. We have customers of different sizes including big companies and enterprises.

The technical support works perfectly.

We did not work with another solution prior to this one.

We have not had any difficulties when implementing this product. The initial setup is easy and it takes a few hours to deploy.

The support is yearly-based and the license is permanent. There are no fees in addition to the cost of support.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good product and I recommend it. However, I never rate anything a ten out of ten because there is always room for improvement. In this case, the price can be lowered a little bit.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Server Monitoring
November 2022
653,757 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Owner at etailor
Reseller
Predictive analysis and other features have helped us to improve our efficiency

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for managing our hypervisor-based Datacenter.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has improved our organization through the provision of efficient resource utilization and capacity planning.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of the solution is the Forecasting feature.

What needs improvement?

The quality of service and support for this solution needs to be improved.

Eight years.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a Value Added Reseller for HPE.
it_user1125 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at a retailer with 51-200 employees
System Management comes with a sound technology infrastructure and guarantees efficiency in terms of updated technology, sound communication, and better collaboration among internal and external users.

Valuable Features:

• An automated monitoring and administration of a company’s systems or computers • Performs inventory management for both hardware and software in accordance with the latest technology requirements that fulfill the needs of an enterprise • Takes care of solutions like database management, security management, anti-virus and system scans, and regular service updates • Eliminates the need of a local IT person or teams in office to take care of issues that are already being taken care of by the system management • Remote support and assistance is possible with system management • Enables stakeholders to make informed decisions regarding major technology purchases regarding hardware and software • Multiple user interfaces

Room for Improvement:

• Good system management is costly. It is a one-time implementation cost, but requires regular upgrades. • Compatibility or integration issues could be faced during configuration of system management

Other Advice:

It is a smart system management tool that enables businesses to manage their operations more effectively. Not only does it assist in inventory management, but it also helps in making informed decisions regarding purchases that may be critical to the businesses IT structure. It eliminates the need of having an IT staff on office premises, while they can help users with remote access; a feature of smart management.
it_user567 - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
HP Systems Insight Management Server is a very nice reporting tool.

Valuable Features:

The user interface is clean and simple to use. Managment of the software and reporting tools is very easy to setup. Hardware reporting is very thorough and provides a lot of insight into server status.

Room for Improvement:

The agents don't always connect and communicate very well with the server. Agents have to be very close in version to the server.

Other Advice:

Overall as a management tool to see a complete overview of the entire HP hardware infrastructure, this is an excellent tool. There are some issues with agent communication, but the server does a good job of providing feedback of server issues.