Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Google Cloud Bigtable OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Google Cloud Bigtable is #3 ranked solution in top Managed NoSQL Databases. PeerSpot users give Google Cloud Bigtable an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. Google Cloud Bigtable is most commonly compared to Amazon DynamoDB: Google Cloud Bigtable vs Amazon DynamoDB. Google Cloud Bigtable is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 64% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 19% of all views.
Google Cloud Bigtable Buyer's Guide

Download the Google Cloud Bigtable Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2022

What is Google Cloud Bigtable?

Cloud Bigtable is Google's NoSQL Big Data database service. It's the same database that powers many core Google services, including Search, Analytics, Maps, and Gmail.

Google Cloud Bigtable Customers

Cognite, Dow Jones, Loblaw Digital

Google Cloud Bigtable Video

Google Cloud Bigtable Reviews

VP - Customer Engineering at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
It's faster than other solutions on the market
  • "Bigtable is faster than other competitors in the market. It helps us collate all the data, and the security features are great. The latency is low, and the computation speed is fantastic. Bigtable is also a managed service, so you don't have to worry about anything aside from analyzing the data ingested."
  • "I've used Bigtable for about three or four years."

What is our primary use case?

We've helped some conglomerates collect all the data scattered across their CRM and other business systems and feed it into Google Cloud's ecosystem. We run analytics on the data to provide insights to the leadership team in the form of dashboards integrated with tools like Tableau, Looker, etc.

We have at least three clients on Bigtable, but more of our customers are on Bigquery. Bigtable is also used for a couple of our clients in the automobile sector.

What is most valuable?

Bigtable is faster than other competitors in the market. It helps us collate all the data, and the security features are great. The latency is low, and the computation speed is fantastic. Bigtable is also a managed service, so you don't have to worry about anything aside from analyzing the data ingested.

I've used Bigtable for about three or four years.

Bigtable is stable

Amazon DynamoDB vs. Google Cloud Bigtable
September 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon DynamoDB vs. Google Cloud Bigtable and other solutions. Updated: September 2022.
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Bigtable is scalable.

Google support is great. As partners, we have direct access to the product teams and customer engineers. Whenever we've had questions, Google Cloud has been helpful.

Deploying Bigtable is straightforward. Some of our implementations took about a month, while others went up to six to eight weeks. Thorough documentation is available on the Google Cloud website, so our teams didn't struggle.

You get a better price if commit to a longer subscription, but they also have a pay-as-you-go model if you're still experimenting with it. It would be nice if the pay-as-you-go license were a little cheaper. I think more customers would use it. Cost optimization is one area Google could improve, but it's great otherwise.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Google Cloud Bigtable 8.5 out of 10. Whether you're a large enterprise or a startup, everything heavily relies on data these days, and Bigtable plays a vital role. An established organization often has data scattered everywhere, so it's a challenge to generate insights. People might be working in silos, but everything needs to be in one place to make data-driven decisions. That's where Bigtable can have an impact.

Startups face different issues. Their initial strategy is usually to acquire customers, and Bigtable can help them identify the right market for their product. Data analytics is essential to business, and Bigtable acts as a backbone of the entire operation. I recommend it for all types of customers.

Technical Software and Product Release Manager at a educational organization with 51-200 employees
Good backup and replications options, and there are no issues with support
  • "The most valuable feature is the backup and replication service."
  • "This product needs better security and transparency, and the price should be reduced."

What is our primary use case?

We are a product team and we implement solutions such as Bigtable for our clients.

The primary use is Data Management as a Service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the backup and replication service.

What needs improvement?

For onboarding customers, it is critical that there is transparency and that the price is reasonable. This product needs better security and transparency, and the price should be reduced.

We have been using Google Cloud Bigtable for three years.

We definitely plan to continue using this product in the future.

Support is not an issue for this solution.

We work with multiple product lines from different vendors.

There is no installation for this cloud-based product.

We are exploring many different products, including hybrid models.

What other advice do I have?

When it comes to the cloud, a lot of things are evolving and there are a lot of new happenings. There is not one thing, but every area including security, data aspects, and networking are all included. This is why it is important to have a system that is transparent.

I can't say whether I would recommend this product, or not. People have to make their own choice of using cloud-based services.

Google
Amazon DynamoDB vs. Google Cloud Bigtable
September 2022
633,952 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Aakash Sharma - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Technical Architect at HCL Technologies
Great for streaming data and being a managed service is an advantage

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for analytics, analyzing the data sets and curing.

What is most valuable?

Bigtable is very user-friendly where streaming data is required. I think it's relatively easier to use than Ascentra. The fact that it's a managed service is an advantage.

What needs improvement?

The cost of this product is too expensive.

I've been using this solution for two years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. We currently have 10 users and plan to increase that.

The technical support has been helpful whenever we've reached out to them.

Google documentation is generally able to solve any issues we have.

There are no licensing fees.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution eight out of 10.

Google