We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is Fortinet FortiDB [EOL]?

FortiDB software is a comprehensive database security and compliance platform that helps large enterprises and cloud-based service providers protect their databases and applications from internal and external threats. Its flexible policy framework allows you to quickly and easily implement internal IT control frameworks for database activity monitoring, IT audit and regulatory compliance.

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] was previously known as FortiDB, FortiGuard Database Security.

Download the Database Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Customers

"It is not costly."

Fortinet FortiDB [EOL] Reviews

Vasanth Chellappa
CEO & Technical Head at ChellSoft Technologies
Stable with a good interface and excellent technical support
  • "The solution is very good at preventing intrusions. You can definitely rely on this solution to cover your security."
  • "Some use case analyses could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution to secure the applications which are on the cloud. We also use it to secure our traffic and our network at our organization's office.

What is most valuable?

The solution overall is good. All of the features are useful and working well for us.

The technical support provided is excellent.

The solution is very good at preventing intrusions. You can definitely rely on this solution to cover your security.

The pricing of the solution is fair.

The interface of the solution is quite stable.

What needs improvement?

Some use case analyses could be improved.

In some cases of port forwarding, the creation of LIPs needs improvement. For every instance you have to create a new iteration. If there was an option by which you could create a LIP on a single console, it would be helpful.

I've been using the solution for about ten years now.

The solution is 100% stable. We haven't experienced any issues or witnessed any bugs or glitches. Overall, it's been great.

When you use the cloud version of the solution, you will find the solution is quite easy to scale. We haven't had any problems expanding the solution so far.

We have close to 80 people on the solution currently.

The solution's technical support is excellent. We've been more than satisfied with the level of assistance they've provided.

The way it works is quite straightforward. You simply raise a ticket with them and they will contact you to assist.

Before using Fortinet, we used Sophos. We weren't happy with Sophos. It just didn't perform well when it came to preventing attacks. It didn't work well for us, so we switched. We find Fortinet much stronger when it comes to preventing proxy traffic.

The initial setup is straightforward.

It took us less than an hour to have everything set up and deployed.

A company only needs one person to handle the deployment.

We handled the implementation ourselves. We didn't need an integrator or reseller to assist us with deployment.

If you're talking about an IT infrastructure, or about hardware, or VMware, yes, there's an ROI. However, when it comes to data security, it's hard to quantify the benefits of the solution.

The pricing has been fine for us overall. We don't find it overly expensive.

It is about two times higher than what Sophos charges. However, when you compare support and the scalability of the solution, it's much better and well worth the extra money.

I'm not aware of any additional costs on top of the licensing costs.

We didn't evaluate other options before choosing Fortinet. We went straight from using Sohos to deploying this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I'm a Fortinet partner and work with all of the Fortinet products.

I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.

I'd let other potential users know that this solution is quite easy to use. As long as users have some basic knowledge of networking, and how to apply a firewall, they won't have any trouble with it.

Private Cloud
Hamed Wasel
Sr. Security Network Engineer at Children's Cancer Hospital - Egypt 57357
For zero-day attacks, the signature is updated well
  • "The dashboard is very simple. It has an easy to use interface."
  • "I would like better APIs and integration with other products, like Python and SQL."

What is our primary use case?

It's a very good solution. For vulnerabilities, we use it our hospital besides the Nessus server.

I am using the latest version.

What is most valuable?

• The report that it generates is very good. It helps our security team.
  • The dashboard is very simple. It has an easy to use interface.
  • For zero-day attacks, the signature is updated well.
  • It is easy to connect.

What needs improvement?

I would like better APIs and integration with other products, like Python and SQL.

We need better encryption features for http-ls.

I have worked on Fortinet FortiDB for three years.

It is very stable. We have no problems with the solution.

We did an update last month.

In our hospital, we built a new extension that we needed for scalability. However, we won't scale until the extension is complete.

We use it on laptops, PCs, and iPads. It is on a total of 3,000 to 4,000 devices.

The technical support is very helpful. When we open ticket with them, they call us immediately. Their tickets don't circulate to another team because they solve it. They can follow up with us and provide feedback. This is totally helpful.

There are a lot of implementations in Egypt. They could increase their offices there.

The initial setup is simple. It has very clear text. We used it in our environment immediately after the box came to our hospital. It took one day (7 a.m. to 7 p.m.) to set up.

It is not costly.

Unlike other products, it is easy to connect with an easy interface. We have the ISE product from Cisco, and it's very complicated. We suffer from it.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good solution. I love it.

Every day the company is updating and developing its devices.

I would the product as a nine (out of 10).

Download our free Database Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fortinet, Imperva, IBM, and more!