IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Forcepoint Email Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Forcepoint Email Security is #15 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Forcepoint Email Security an average rating of 7.8 out of 10. Forcepoint Email Security is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Email: Forcepoint Email Security vs Cisco Secure Email. Forcepoint Email Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 56% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Forcepoint Email Security?

Forcepoint Email Security gives you the security you need by protecting you against multi-stage advanced threats that often exploit email to penetrate your IT environment. It applies real-time behavioral sandboxing, enterprise-grade DLP and other advanced defense technologies to identify targeted attacks, high-risk users and insider threats. Forcepoint Email Security monitors outbound email to prevent leaks of sensitive information, and it empowers your workers — in the office or on the road — to safely adopt technologies like Microsoft Office 365.

Forcepoint Email Security was previously known as Websense Email Security.

Forcepoint Email Security Customers

Alphawest, Amadori, AudioNova, Betsson, Confartigianato Vicenza, Davies Turner, iGATE, Lake Michigan Credit Union, Landa Digital Printing, Northern California Bank, Scavolini, Toyota

Forcepoint Email Security Video

Archived Forcepoint Email Security Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Support Technician at Secure Services
Easily integrates with the data loss prevention suite
  • "The Forcepoint Email Security roadmap easily integrates with the data loss prevention (DLP) suite of Forcepoint. Therefore, the customer doesn't have to buy another solution for DLP."
  • "It would be better if it were simpler to deploy on one or two machines instead of three or four machines."

What is our primary use case?

We work mainly with security firewalls and software servers.

We have customers who are not fully in the cloud. Forcepoint luckily has a hybrid deployment, which combines components from on-premise and hybrid from the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The way the anti-spamming is being filtered out. It does not come onto the appliance directly. It comes onto the hybrid service where the first level of anti-spamming is performed. Then, you see an advantage with the bandwidth on-premise.

They have deployment available for the cloud on the Azure Marketplace. You just need to install the product.

What needs improvement?

I joined the company in 2011 and have been using Forcepoint for nine years.

July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Forcepoint, Proofpoint, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: July 2022.
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It is very stable once deployed. Now, we have the VM version of the appliance so we are not bound to the physical applicance, which needs you to refresh your hardware every three or five years. We have VMs that you can deploy in hypervisors. Also, you have the cloud version. I find these things very interesting.

It is scalable.

Their support is very good. When you have issues, you call them and open a ticket based on the severity, then receive the proper response time.

The installation is not straightforward. For an on-premise setup, there are less components which need to be setup. For this setup, you will need four or five servers for it to work. It would have been simpler to have one or two boxes. You also need to have a good understanding of how Forcepoint works.

It takes 45 hours to deploy.

We implement this product for customers.

For the deployment, you need some information from the customer. On the Microsoft, you need someone who knows SQL. If you don't know SQL, you will need someone from Microsoft Teams. You will need someone from the network side to open ports on the firewall. Therefore, you will need a couple people: One can understand the network side and another who can understand the infrastructure side, like servers.

When compared to other email security solutions, the price is not cheap.

The licensing is user base (per user). The product is purchased mostly by medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we have other solutions because the pricing is not cheap.

In the Forcepoint Email Security Cloud, you get add-ons but you must check the licensing.

There are three types of support licenses.

It depends on the customer, e.g., what they want and what is required. We use Forcepoint for medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we host mailboxes.

What other advice do I have?

As a Forcepoint partner, we support the product. It is a good choice.

So far, I have not seen a lack of features. This product is doing very well. Every year, they are adding features into their product.

I would rate the product as an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
IsmailMohammed - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy initial setup, good filtering capabilities and very good technical support
  • "The filtering of the solution is very good. You can do URL filtering and, while you need a custom URL to filter under other solutions like Symantec, here the solution covers most categories and the database."
  • "We've fixed a couple of issues on the solution so far. It doesn't work perfectly all the time."

What is our primary use case?

I have deployed the solution to two or three customers.  We have deployed hybrid protocol agents for the roaming user, and we did the deployment for the clients using an AWS configuration.

What is most valuable?

The filtering of the solution is very good. You can do URL filtering and, while you need a custom URL to filter under other solutions like Symantec, here the solution covers most categories and the database.

What needs improvement?

The management needs improvement. If our power goes down, there's issues booting up the manager. We have to do a backup and restore it.

Symantec has a central management system that's quite easy to manage all devices from and makes pushing policies simple. It would be great if they could emulate this.

I've been using the solution for two years.

I am the one who is deploying proxy projects in our company, and URL filtering is done by Forcepoint. I've also used NetScaler and Symantec, however, I've found Forcepoint better for stability purposes.

We use both Forcepoint and Symantec and both are good in terms of scalability.

We also use Symantec and since they've moved to Broadcom, their technical support is terrible. The customer base has noticed and a lot of people are now moving to Forcepoint, whose technical support is much, much better.

So far, we've been very satisfied with the level of support we get from Forcepoint.

I worked with DLP on my last project. I've worked with Forcepoint's firewall as well.

We've used Symantec in the past, but lately, we've been getting a lot fo customer complaints about them.

I've also used Infoblox.

The initial setup is not that complex. Once we had integrated everything broadly we didn't face any issues. However, when, for example, we have power issues, we face issues booting back up.

We pay for licensing on a yearly basis. I'm not sure what the pricing is.

What other advice do I have?

We're Forcepoint partners.

We've noticed that many people are leaving Symantec and moving towards Forcepoint. Their service is better and you can get engineers if you have an emergency. With Symantec changing certain policies, a lot of people are leaving. It's one of the reasons we've chosen to got with Forcepoint and doing more business with them.

For the URL filtering they provide, I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. The manager requires some improvement, however. We do want a few additional items added to the solution in future releases and have issues surrounding the hybrid agent and having a proxy. Right now, I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
July 2022
619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Security Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Efficiently protects against malicious email contents, but the reporting and dashboards need improvement
  • "All of the filtering features are very nice."
  • "The reporting functionality needs to be improved, as it is not customizable."

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor of various products, and this is one of the solutions that we provide to our customers.

The primary use case for this solution is filtering spam, junk, and other anonymous emails for malicious contents and sites. It is also used for filtering outgoing emails in terms of viruses and malware content.

How has it helped my organization?

Our clients have given us feedback to say that this product is fairing well, and it is efficiently filtering junk, viruses, and other malicious contents of emails. With businesses running on email now, the companies are completely protected with this solution, and our customers are happy.

What is most valuable?

All of the filtering features are very nice.

What needs improvement?

The reporting functionality needs to be improved, as it is not customizable.

The dashboards can also be improved.

I have been working with this solution for the past two years.

This is a stable solution, although not as much as some others, such as Cisco Email Security

The scalability of this solution is average, as it is not easy to scale the solution once you deploy it. You have to plan for the future in the beginning, with your initial device, from day one. Otherwise, it will be a tedious job for scaling up the solution in later days.

Technical support for this solution is average. In terms of providing a solution, from the technical aspect, and for working on critical issues, they are good. However, the response times are average.

I do not have experience with any other solutions.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the number of appliances, or the number of devices, that are being deployed. I would say that it takes approximately one day for each appliance.

One person is enough to deploy this solution, and it would be good to have two people for maintenance and management.

We are the distributors, so we integrate and deploy this solution for our customers.

Licensing is a yearly subscription that is based on the number of users. There are no costs in addition to the standard licensing fees.

We have evaluated several products, and together with this one, we present these to our customers.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody considering this solution is to first evaluate the product and understand the features that they need. See whether the solution is capable of handling the requirements. If it can satisfy them, then go ahead and implement. However, I would not recommend purchasing this product before conducting an evaluation.

We are looking forward to seeing new features in the next release of this solution. We are expecting to see DLP, UEBA, and Risk-Adaptive Protection.

There are a lot of limitations on this product when you compare to other products in the market. I would like to see customized reports and dashboards, and technically there are a few other limitations that are supported by other solutions.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

CDL Technical Consultant at a tech services company
Enables you to manage email security and block information with ease from a single console
  • "The feature I find most valuable is the web, email and DLP integration."
  • "I would like to see some improvement like cloud application and integration capabilities and the classification part is missing from the DLP."

What is our primary use case?

Forcepoint Email Security is a unique endpoint management solution that secures our centralized management, our web, our DLP, and data. We are using all three modules and we are doing it with the minimum requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

Forcepoint Email Security allows me to block information over email, endpoint, or from a single policy. I can do that from the single console. The solution therefore helps me to manage email security.

What is most valuable?

The feature I find most valuable is the web, email and DLP integration.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see some improvement like cloud application and integration capabilities and the classification part is missing from the DLP.

I have been using Force Point Web Security, Email Security, and Data Loss Prevention for about a year now.

This solution is very stable when it comes to content security.

The scalability is good, but I don't like it that one has to re-purchase the product every year.
We have about 500 people currently using the solution.

The technical support is good. They have a 24/7 support line and call centers all across India, the US and UK. One concern is that you sometimes have to wait a long time for them to get back to you.

I used UDM solutions before switching over to Forcepoint Email Security. They weren't bad.

The initial setup was easy and straightforward and deployment took us about a month. We only have one staff member responsible for the deployment and management of the system.

I have already seen a return on investment because my employee internet and data is being controlled within a single installation.

My only concern about this solution is that you need to repurchase it every year because it is a subscription license. I would suggest others to use the solution with a two-year license because then it is good value for money.

What other advice do I have?

I will rate this product a nine out of ten because every organization can use it. It is a very good product.

Download our free Email Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Forcepoint, Proofpoint, Cisco, and more!
Updated: July 2022