IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Forcepoint Email Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Forcepoint Email Security is #14 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Forcepoint Email Security an average rating of 8 out of 10. Forcepoint Email Security is most commonly compared to Cisco Secure Email: Forcepoint Email Security vs Cisco Secure Email. Forcepoint Email Security is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 30% of all views.

Download the Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Forcepoint Email Security?

Forcepoint Email Security gives you the security you need by protecting you against multi-stage advanced threats that often exploit email to penetrate your IT environment. It applies real-time behavioral sandboxing, enterprise-grade DLP and other advanced defense technologies to identify targeted attacks, high-risk users and insider threats. Forcepoint Email Security monitors outbound email to prevent leaks of sensitive information, and it empowers your workers — in the office or on the road — to safely adopt technologies like Microsoft Office 365.

Forcepoint Email Security was previously known as Websense Email Security.

Forcepoint Email Security Customers

Alphawest, Amadori, AudioNova, Betsson, Confartigianato Vicenza, Davies Turner, iGATE, Lake Michigan Credit Union, Landa Digital Printing, Northern California Bank, Scavolini, Toyota

Forcepoint Email Security Video

Forcepoint Email Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Forcepoint Email Security pricing:
"Its licensing is quite easy and straightforward. They have two or three suites, and the price is negotiable. It depends upon the size of the deal. They have multiple licenses. The standard is one, and then there are additional licenses that you can go for. There are three or four licensing models. You have the network suite, endpoint suite, email security, and the standard one."

Forcepoint Email Security Reviews

VIPINKUMAR - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Consultant at a construction company with 1-10 employees
Provides visibility into what's going on and reduces spam, but there should be more focus on threats, spam, and support
  • "It is good at data leakage prevention (DLP). You can create the data exfiltration profile while sending the emails, which is one of the key advantages of the solution."
  • "Forcepoint is the best for DLP, but it is not better than other solutions in terms of phishing emails or threat protections on the email. It has less visibility over there. They might need to enhance these components because other solutions, such as Cisco Email Security and IronPort, have more advanced features. Forcepoint should focus more on threats and spam. They have a small database for spam. They must increase their solution's capability from this perspective."

What is our primary use case?

We are in the service industry, and we provide solutions to customers. We have multiple customers, and they're using this solution for email security. I have also been using it as a user. Its deployment usually involves a mixed approach. Now, every customer is moving to the cloud, and it is deployed on the cloud servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers get more visibility into what's going on. They are able to get the exact details of what is being shared and what is being captured by Forcepoint. They were not aware of this information previously. It has also reduced spam.

What is most valuable?

It is good at data leakage prevention (DLP). You can create the data exfiltration profile while sending the emails, which is one of the key advantages of the solution. Our customers are leveraging spam filtering, threat prevention, and multiple policies features the most.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint is the best for DLP, but it is not better than other solutions in terms of phishing emails or threat protections on the email. It has less visibility over there. They might need to enhance these components because other solutions, such as Cisco Email Security and IronPort, have more advanced features. Forcepoint should focus more on threats and spam. They have a small database for spam. They must increase their solution's capability from this perspective. Their support should be improved in terms of the response time and attention to the information provided for an issue.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Forcepoint, Proofpoint, Cisco and others in Email Security. Updated: June 2022.
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

As a user, I have been using Forcepoint Email Security for around five years.

I would rate it a seven out of 10 in terms of stability. Some of their appliances might fail. It can also take a little bit more time to apply the policies because of their cloud environment. Sometimes, the console can get stuck because the management is on-prem, but the appliances are on the cloud. It can take some time to sync all the things for the cloud.

Its scalability is good. We can scale up appliances without pretty much any downtime. If we start with 500 users, we would put one basic appliance or the basic image over there to support up to 500 users. If users are increasing rapidly, we would deploy another appliance in the load sharing mode. It can share the load with the old one. It should be in the active/active mode. It is very easy to deploy. We just need to place the new appliance over there, and then we need to just push the policies that are already there in the management console. We just need to add another appliance to the management console. We don't need to reconfigure everything. In my organization, there are six or seven people from the deployment perspective. We also have one or two users from the operational perspective.

I would rate their support a four out of 10. When we raise a ticket with Forcepoint, they take around 48 hours and sometimes, even three or four days to reply. They also don't see what we have put in that email, and they ask for similar details. They again take a long time, maybe 24 hours or 48 hours, to respond, and after that, they start their investigation. Basically, it takes around one week to get a correct or proper response from them, which makes it quite difficult for us in terms of not meeting the SLA for the customers. They only respond on time for any downtime situation. For general issues, they take around one week or maybe more.

We have exposure to other solutions, such as Cisco Email Security. For the DLP solution for emails, Forcepoint is better, but other solutions are better in terms of phishing emails or threat protections on the email.

I found it straightforward. Usually, I search for instructions on how to set it up, and I follow them. If those instructions are missing for specific cases, it could be difficult. It approximately takes two days for a complete setup, which doesn't include fine-tuning. We deploy the hardware appliances or the software appliances. We run the pilot for a group of users. We filter out all the policies, and then we apply the best policies. After that, we fine-tune it.

We deploy it ourselves.

Its licensing is quite easy and straightforward. They have two or three suites, and the price is negotiable. It depends upon the size of the deal.  They have multiple licenses. The standard is one, and then there are additional licenses that you can go for. There are three or four licensing models. You have the network suite, endpoint suite, email security, and the standard one.

What other advice do I have?

Most customers are happy with the solution. It is quite good. I would recommend this solution for the SMB market. I would not recommend it for an enterprise because other solutions, from Cisco and Microsoft, are quite good and more advanced. Currently, there are different solutions for email, such as Office 365 that has native applications. There are also multiple solutions for DLPs, including some of the local vendors as well. Forcepoint is not in the Gartner list as an enterprise solution, and that's why it is not recognized well.  I would rate Forcepoint Email Security a six out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
IT Infrastructure Engineer at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
Stable with great email and the web filters
  • "The email and the web filter aspects of the solution are the most valuable features."
  • "Technical support is lacking. It could be a lot better."

What is our primary use case?

Email and webfiltering

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very stable over the years. We haven't had any issues with unreliability.

The solution is quite scalable. It can expand out well if needed.

What needs improvement?

While improvement is always possible, I can't speak to exact features that need to be added.

Technical support is lacking. It could be a lot better.

we have been using the solution since 2011. It's been about ten years or so, so it's been about a decade or longer. It's been a good amount of time that I've spent on this solution.

The solution is quite stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so rather easily.

We have about 500 people using the product currently.

We were previously using Barracuda.

We had some experience with Forcepoint before Barracuda and it was terrific. With Barracuda, we had a lot of technical problems. We weren't happy at all with it. We recalled how happy we were with Forcepoint and revisited it. That's why we decided to switch over to Forcepoint.

Initial setupis quite complex and you need Forepoint professionalsupport to install. You only need one person to handle the maintenance of the product. It's not too complicated or maintenance-heavy.

We had a project team with Forcepoint professional services

The solution is quite expensive. We pay on a yearly basis.

I can't, however, speak to the exact costs. I don't have that level of knowledge on the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the product.

I'd rate the solution at an eight on a scale from one to ten. We're mostly quite happy with the capabilities of the product.

Private Cloud
June 2022
609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
General Manager - Consulting & AMS at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
MSP
Well priced, easy to use, and has helpful technical support
  • "It's easier to deploy than other options."
  • "The pricing could always be just a little bit better."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used for email security purposes. It's only used for email protection and has no other use case.

What is most valuable?

The solution has proven to be quite user-friendly.

It's easier to deploy than other options.

It's a stable product. The performance has been flawless.

We found the solution to be scalable.

The dashboards are good.

Its price point is fair and reasonable.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could always be just a little bit better.

I've been using the solution for a few years at this point. It's been a while.

The stability is very good. there are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability has been great. If a company needs to expand, it can do so.

At this time, we have 300 to 400 users on the solution. We do not have plans to increase usage right now.

We've been pleased with the level of support on offer. Technical support has been great.

Whatever we used previously was low-end. We moved to this solution based on its price and the performance on offer.

The deployment process is very simple, very straightforward. It's not a complex or difficult process. A company shouldn't have any issues with it.

The implementation took us about two weeks. It wasn't a very long, drawn-out process.

We have a few engineers that can easily handle the deployment and maintenance process.

We are integrators. We can implement this solution for others.

The price is quite reasonable.

That said, I'm not sure what is involved in the licensing. I'm not sure what the general terms are.

What other advice do I have?

It's a SaaS cloud solutions product.

We are integrators. We are also customers and end-users.

I would recommend the solution to others. I would rate it at a nine out of ten.

Sowjanya Mallela - PeerSpot reviewer
Technical Security Consultant at a computer software company with 501-1,000 employees
User-friendly, easy to deploy, and has nice UI
  • "Unlike other competitors, it doesn't cause any performance issues."
  • "Customer support could be better."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution to block malicious URLs based on categories.

How has it helped my organization?

It meets the client's requirements. Whatever categories need to be blocked, it does the job perfectly.

What is most valuable?

The deployment is very user-friendly.

Unlike other competitors, it doesn't cause any performance issues.

The UI is user-friendly and very easy to navigate around.

The initial setup is simple and easy to execute.

What needs improvement?

Customer support could be better.

I've been using the solution for more than two years.

The stability has been good. I'd rate it a four out of five. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. I'd rate its ability to expand four out of five. We have different customers that have various amounts of users. Clients range from 100 users to 2,000.

We'd like some better support services.

I work with different products. I usually work with different products as I work with software system integrators. It's not one product that I stick to.

We found the initial setup to be very simple and straightforward. it's not overly complex or difficult. I'd rate the experience a four out of five in terms of ease of implementation.

In terms of deployment, if you don't face any problems with the database or any other internal issues, including the network, then it will take around two to three days.

You only need two people to deploy the solution. No more than that.

We handled the initial setup process completely in-house.

Licensing agreements are typically a year. I can't speak about the exact costs.

What other advice do I have?

We are a Forcepoint partner.

I'd advise potential users to try it out. It's a good product.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.

Edwin EzeOsiago - PeerSpot reviewer
Head of Security Solutions at Infodata Professional Services
Reseller
Versatile, stable security solution with many integration capabilities
  • "I like how versatile the options are. For example, we can set it where we are able to access and browse Facebook but we are denied the ability to post photos. There is also that ability integrate with Office 365 - SharePoint app."
  • "I would like for deployment to be simplified."

What is our primary use case?

I am Head of Security Solutions with my company and I use Forcepoint Web Security in my office. I also am a partner in addition to providing support for my customers that use the tool.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

I would like for deployment to be simplified.

I have been working with this solution for the past three years.

The solution is very stable and I have not had any issues.

Technical support is great and are available during the week and on weekends. The respond promptly to tickets. If miss their call, they will send a follow-up message checking to see if you are okay which shows that they care about their customers.

The initial setup was a bit complex and inefficient as it requires access to all programs in order to deploy and can take up to 5 business days.

We used our in-house team for deployment.

What other advice do I have?

If you choose to go with this product, ensure that you have a solid plan for your intended environment so that deployment is not overly-complex.

Customer support is willing to guide and support you anytime - even on the weekends!

I would rate this product a nine out of ten.

Security Product Manager at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Secure, integrates well, and straightforward installation

What is our primary use case?

Forcepoint Email Security can be deployed on-premise or on the cloud.

Forcepoint Email Security is used for email security.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features of Forcepoint Email Security are the integration with other solutions. It provides a more secure infrastructure and views for the customers from the DLP. You can work on URLs, files, and advanced inspections that will protect the customers.

I have used Forcepoint Email Security within the past 12 months.

Forcepoint Email Security is stable, but it could be improved.

I have found Forcepoint Email Security to be scalable. You can use one platform to protect customers on different levels.

We have approximately 2000 people using this solution.

The support is very good, they are qualified professionals.

The deployment of Forcepoint Email Security is easy. It's a plug-and-play process if you have all the components.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Forcepoint Email Security to others.

I rate Forcepoint Email Security an eight out of ten.

IT Security Specialist at TT Systems LLC
Email security solution that enables company policies to block suspicious internal and external mails

What is our primary use case?

Using Forcepoint, we have created policies and rules for any suspicious mail. It is blocked and only released by an admin's approval. We have also enabled rules which block internal to external mail, or external to internal depending on the organization's policies.

What needs improvement?

This solution could be improved by providing further functionality to reduce or to block ransom attacks, cross-site scripting and man-in-the-middle attacks.

We have used this solution for four years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable solution.

The initial setup is straightforward and took less than one week.

I would rate this solution a ten out of ten.

User at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
It's reasonably stable but is quite difficult to learn

What is our primary use case?

I'm the technical manager and we are customers of Forcepoint.

I've been using this solution for three years.

This is a reasonably stable solution.

This solution is not easy to instal.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite difficult to learn this solution, it's not an entry-level product. If you are a skilled user you will think it's a very useful tool, but if you are not a skilled user, you'll think it is very difficult to learn.

I would rate this solution a five out of 10.

Download our free Email Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about Forcepoint, Proofpoint, Cisco, and more!
Updated: June 2022