We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Forcepoint Email Security OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Forcepoint Email Security is #11 ranked solution in top Email Security tools. PeerSpot users give Forcepoint Email Security an average rating of 8 out of 10. Forcepoint Email Security is most commonly compared to Microsoft Exchange Online Protection: Forcepoint Email Security vs Microsoft Exchange Online Protection. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 37% of all views.
What is Forcepoint Email Security?

Forcepoint Email Security gives you the security you need by protecting you against multi-stage advanced threats that often exploit email to penetrate your IT environment. It applies real-time behavioral sandboxing, enterprise-grade DLP and other advanced defense technologies to identify targeted attacks, high-risk users and insider threats. Forcepoint Email Security monitors outbound email to prevent leaks of sensitive information, and it empowers your workers — in the office or on the road — to safely adopt technologies like Microsoft Office 365.

Forcepoint Email Security was previously known as Websense Email Security.

Forcepoint Email Security Buyer's Guide

Download the Forcepoint Email Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Forcepoint Email Security Customers

Alphawest, Amadori, AudioNova, Betsson, Confartigianato Vicenza, Davies Turner, iGATE, Lake Michigan Credit Union, Landa Digital Printing, Northern California Bank, Scavolini, Toyota

Forcepoint Email Security Video

Forcepoint Email Security Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Forcepoint Email Security pricing:
  • "Its licensing is quite easy and straightforward. They have two or three suites, and the price is negotiable. It depends upon the size of the deal. They have multiple licenses. The standard is one, and then there are additional licenses that you can go for. There are three or four licensing models. You have the network suite, endpoint suite, email security, and the standard one."
  • "The licensing is user base (per user). The product is purchased mostly by medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we have other solutions because the pricing is not cheap."
  • "There are three types of support licenses."
  • "When compared to other email security solutions, the price is not cheap."
  • Forcepoint Email Security Reviews

VIPINKUMAR
    Senior Consultant at a construction company with 1-10 employees
    Provides visibility into what's going on and reduces spam, but there should be more focus on threats, spam, and support
    • "It is good at data leakage prevention (DLP). You can create the data exfiltration profile while sending the emails, which is one of the key advantages of the solution."
    • "Forcepoint is the best for DLP, but it is not better than other solutions in terms of phishing emails or threat protections on the email. It has less visibility over there. They might need to enhance these components because other solutions, such as Cisco Email Security and IronPort, have more advanced features. Forcepoint should focus more on threats and spam. They have a small database for spam. They must increase their solution's capability from this perspective."

What is our primary use case?

We are in the service industry, and we provide solutions to customers. We have multiple customers, and they're using this solution for email security. I have also been using it as a user.

Its deployment usually involves a mixed approach. Now, every customer is moving to the cloud, and it is deployed on the cloud servers.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers get more visibility into what's going on. They are able to get the exact details of what is being shared and what is being captured by Forcepoint. They were not aware of this information previously. It has also reduced spam.

What is most valuable?

It is good at data leakage prevention (DLP). You can create the data exfiltration profile while sending the emails, which is one of the key advantages of the solution.

Our customers are leveraging spam filtering, threat prevention, and multiple policies features the most.

What needs improvement?

Forcepoint is the best for DLP, but it is not better than other solutions in terms of phishing emails or threat protections on the email. It has less visibility over there. They might need to enhance these components because other solutions, such as Cisco Email Security and IronPort, have more advanced features. Forcepoint should focus more on threats and spam. They have a small database for spam. They must increase their solution's capability from this perspective.

Their support should be improved in terms of the response time and attention to the information provided for an issue.

As a user, I have been using Forcepoint Email Security for around five years.

I would rate it a seven out of 10 in terms of stability. Some of their appliances might fail. It can also take a little bit more time to apply the policies because of their cloud environment. Sometimes, the console can get stuck because the management is on-prem, but the appliances are on the cloud. It can take some time to sync all the things for the cloud.

Its scalability is good. We can scale up appliances without pretty much any downtime.

If we start with 500 users, we would put one basic appliance or the basic image over there to support up to 500 users. If users are increasing rapidly, we would deploy another appliance in the load sharing mode. It can share the load with the old one. It should be in the active/active mode. It is very easy to deploy. We just need to place the new appliance over there, and then we need to just push the policies that are already there in the management console. We just need to add another appliance to the management console. We don't need to reconfigure everything.

In my organization, there are six or seven people from the deployment perspective. We also have one or two users from the operational perspective.

I would rate their support a four out of 10. When we raise a ticket with Forcepoint, they take around 48 hours and sometimes, even three or four days to reply. They also don't see what we have put in that email, and they ask for similar details. They again take a long time, maybe 24 hours or 48 hours, to respond, and after that, they start their investigation.

Basically, it takes around one week to get a correct or proper response from them, which makes it quite difficult for us in terms of not meeting the SLA for the customers. They only respond on time for any downtime situation. For general issues, they take around one week or maybe more.

We have exposure to other solutions, such as Cisco Email Security. For the DLP solution for emails, Forcepoint is better, but other solutions are better in terms of phishing emails or threat protections on the email.

I found it straightforward. Usually, I search for instructions on how to set it up, and I follow them. If those instructions are missing for specific cases, it could be difficult.

It approximately takes two days for a complete setup, which doesn't include fine-tuning. We deploy the hardware appliances or the software appliances. We run the pilot for a group of users. We filter out all the policies, and then we apply the best policies. After that, we fine-tune it.

We deploy it ourselves.

Its licensing is quite easy and straightforward. They have two or three suites, and the price is negotiable. It depends upon the size of the deal.

They have multiple licenses. The standard is one, and then there are additional licenses that you can go for. There are three or four licensing models. You have the network suite, endpoint suite, email security, and the standard one.

What other advice do I have?

Most customers are happy with the solution. It is quite good. I would recommend this solution for the SMB market. I would not recommend it for an enterprise because other solutions, from Cisco and Microsoft, are quite good and more advanced.

Currently, there are different solutions for email, such as Office 365 that has native applications. There are also multiple solutions for DLPs, including some of the local vendors as well. Forcepoint is not in the Gartner list as an enterprise solution, and that's why it is not recognized well.

I would rate Forcepoint Email Security a six out of 10.

Microsoft Azure
    IT Support Technician at Secure Services
    Easily integrates with the data loss prevention suite
    • "The Forcepoint Email Security roadmap easily integrates with the data loss prevention (DLP) suite of Forcepoint. Therefore, the customer doesn't have to buy another solution for DLP."
    • "It would be better if it were simpler to deploy on one or two machines instead of three or four machines."

What is our primary use case?

We work mainly with security firewalls and software servers.

We have customers who are not fully in the cloud. Forcepoint luckily has a hybrid deployment, which combines components from on-premise and hybrid from the cloud.

What is most valuable?

The way the anti-spamming is being filtered out. It does not come onto the appliance directly. It comes onto the hybrid service where the first level of anti-spamming is performed. Then, you see an advantage with the bandwidth on-premise.

They have deployment available for the cloud on the Azure Marketplace. You just need to install the product.

What needs improvement?

I joined the company in 2011 and have been using Forcepoint for nine years.

It is very stable once deployed. Now, we have the VM version of the appliance so we are not bound to the physical applicance, which needs you to refresh your hardware every three or five years. We have VMs that you can deploy in hypervisors. Also, you have the cloud version. I find these things very interesting.

It is scalable.

Their support is very good. When you have issues, you call them and open a ticket based on the severity, then receive the proper response time.

The installation is not straightforward. For an on-premise setup, there are less components which need to be setup. For this setup, you will need four or five servers for it to work. It would have been simpler to have one or two boxes. You also need to have a good understanding of how Forcepoint works.

It takes 45 hours to deploy.

We implement this product for customers.

For the deployment, you need some information from the customer. On the Microsoft, you need someone who knows SQL. If you don't know SQL, you will need someone from Microsoft Teams. You will need someone from the network side to open ports on the firewall. Therefore, you will need a couple people: One can understand the network side and another who can understand the infrastructure side, like servers.

When compared to other email security solutions, the price is not cheap.

In the Forcepoint Email Security Cloud, you get add-ons but you must check the licensing.

There are three types of support licenses.

It depends on the customer, e.g., what they want and what is required. We use Forcepoint for medium to large companies. For smaller companies, we host mailboxes.

What other advice do I have?

As a Forcepoint partner, we support the product. It is a good choice.

So far, I have not seen a lack of features. This product is doing very well. Every year, they are adding features into their product.

I would rate the product as an eight out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud
    Learn what your peers think about Forcepoint Email Security. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    563,148 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    IsmailMohammed
    Information Security Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Easy initial setup, good filtering capabilities and very good technical support
    • "The filtering of the solution is very good. You can do URL filtering and, while you need a custom URL to filter under other solutions like Symantec, here the solution covers most categories and the database."
    • "We've fixed a couple of issues on the solution so far. It doesn't work perfectly all the time."

What is our primary use case?

I have deployed the solution to two or three customers.  We have deployed hybrid protocol agents for the roaming user, and we did the deployment for the clients using an AWS configuration.

What is most valuable?

The filtering of the solution is very good. You can do URL filtering and, while you need a custom URL to filter under other solutions like Symantec, here the solution covers most categories and the database.

What needs improvement?

The management needs improvement. If our power goes down, there's issues booting up the manager. We have to do a backup and restore it.

Symantec has a central management system that's quite easy to manage all devices from and makes pushing policies simple. It would be great if they could emulate this.

I've been using the solution for two years.

I am the one who is deploying proxy projects in our company, and URL filtering is done by Forcepoint. I've also used NetScaler and Symantec, however, I've found Forcepoint better for stability purposes.

We use both Forcepoint and Symantec and both are good in terms of scalability.

We also use Symantec and since they've moved to Broadcom, their technical support is terrible. The customer base has noticed and a lot of people are now moving to Forcepoint, whose technical support is much, much better.

So far, we've been very satisfied with the level of support we get from Forcepoint.

I worked with DLP on my last project. I've worked with Forcepoint's firewall as well.

We've used Symantec in the past, but lately, we've been getting a lot fo customer complaints about them.

I've also used Infoblox.

The initial setup is not that complex. Once we had integrated everything broadly we didn't face any issues. However, when, for example, we have power issues, we face issues booting back up.

We pay for licensing on a yearly basis. I'm not sure what the pricing is.

What other advice do I have?

We're Forcepoint partners.

We've noticed that many people are leaving Symantec and moving towards Forcepoint. Their service is better and you can get engineers if you have an emergency. With Symantec changing certain policies, a lot of people are leaving. It's one of the reasons we've chosen to got with Forcepoint and doing more business with them.

For the URL filtering they provide, I'd rate the solution ten out of ten. The manager requires some improvement, however. We do want a few additional items added to the solution in future releases and have issues surrounding the hybrid agent and having a proxy. Right now, I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    IT Infrastructure Engineer at a educational organization with 201-500 employees
    Stable with great email and the web filters
    • "The email and the web filter aspects of the solution are the most valuable features."
    • "Technical support is lacking. It could be a lot better."

What is our primary use case?

Email and webfiltering

What is most valuable?

The solution has been very stable over the years. We haven't had any issues with unreliability.

The solution is quite scalable. It can expand out well if needed.

What needs improvement?

While improvement is always possible, I can't speak to exact features that need to be added.

Technical support is lacking. It could be a lot better.

we have been using the solution since 2011. It's been about ten years or so, so it's been about a decade or longer. It's been a good amount of time that I've spent on this solution.

The solution is quite stable. It's reliable. There are no bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable. If a company needs to expand it, it can do so rather easily.

We have about 500 people using the product currently.

We were previously using Barracuda.

We had some experience with Forcepoint before Barracuda and it was terrific. With Barracuda, we had a lot of technical problems. We weren't happy at all with it. We recalled how happy we were with Forcepoint and revisited it. That's why we decided to switch over to Forcepoint.

Initial setupis quite complex and you need Forepoint professionalsupport to install. You only need one person to handle the maintenance of the product. It's not too complicated or maintenance-heavy.

We had a project team with Forcepoint professional services

The solution is quite expensive. We pay on a yearly basis.

I can't, however, speak to the exact costs. I don't have that level of knowledge on the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We are customers and end-users. We don't have a business relationship with the product.

I'd rate the solution at an eight on a scale from one to ten. We're mostly quite happy with the capabilities of the product.

Private Cloud
    User at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    It's reasonably stable but is quite difficult to learn

What is our primary use case?

I'm the technical manager and we are customers of Forcepoint.

I've been using this solution for three years.

This is a reasonably stable solution.

This solution is not easy to instal.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite difficult to learn this solution, it's not an entry-level product. If you are a skilled user you will think it's a very useful tool, but if you are not a skilled user, you'll think it is very difficult to learn. I would rate this solution a five out of 10.

What is our primary use case?

I'm the technical manager and we are customers of Forcepoint.

I've been using this solution for three years.

This is a reasonably stable solution.

This solution is not easy to instal.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a five out of 10.

Product Categories
    Email Security
    Download our free Forcepoint Email Security Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.