IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Fidelis Elevate OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Fidelis Elevate is #7 ranked solution in XDR Security products. PeerSpot users give Fidelis Elevate an average rating of 8 out of 10. Fidelis Elevate is most commonly compared to ExtraHop Reveal(x): Fidelis Elevate vs ExtraHop Reveal(x). Fidelis Elevate is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 62% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 29% of all views.

Download the Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Fidelis Elevate?

Fidelis Elevate integrates network visibility, data loss prevention, deception, and endpoint detection and response into one unified solution. Now your security team can focus on the most urgent threats and protect sensitive data rather than spending time validating and triaging thousands of alerts.

Fidelis Elevate was previously known as Fidelis Elevate Platform, Fidelis Enterprise, Fidelis Cloud.

Fidelis Elevate Customers

First Midwest Bank

Fidelis Elevate Video

Archived Fidelis Elevate Reviews (more than two years old)

AmgadYousry - PeerSpot reviewer
Security Team Leader at Infort
Straightforward setup with very strong stability
  • "The initial setup is very straightforward. The deployment of the server doesn't take so long; about a day or two max."
  • "We position the solution as an antivirus, but this part of the solution needs improvement. They need to generally enhance the features that they have, rather than adding anything new."

What is our primary use case?

We use it as an EDR solution for our customers.

What is most valuable?

EDR is the most valuable part of the solution.

What needs improvement?

I think the EDR, in general, can be improved. They need to work on the live response and investigative features. They also need to make the antivirus stronger. It does not have a good antivirus if you compare it to Bitdefender. We position the solution as an antivirus, but this part of the solution needs improvement.  They need to generally enhance the features that they have, rather than adding anything new.

I've been using the solution for six months.
Extended Detection and Response (XDR)
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Fidelis Cybersecurity, Palo Alto Networks, Trend Micro and others in Extended Detection and Response (XDR). Updated: June 2022.
607,332 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability is very good, if I was rating it out of ten, I would give it an eight.

The solution is pretty scalable. You buy a lot of features, a known product, and you want it to run in any environment, and it does. So it's scalable enough.

Technical support is good. Out of ten, I'd give it a nine.

The initial setup is very straightforward.  The deployment of the server doesn't take so long; about a day or two max. The engine to deployment depends on the customer environment. It varies from customer to customer.

What other advice do I have?

Users must understand the product well and how to position it to the customer. Customers have a lot of misunderstanding about the solution. I would advise that you make sure that the customer understands the solution in order to be able to implement it right.  I would rate it eight out of ten.
IT Security Coordinator at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
IPS security, originally from the GOVT space, now commerical
  • "It has also improved our hunt ability with quick search tools, to zone in on malware or other anomalies. It is able to link items to incidents from other consoles, and works natively with the SIEM."
  • "It has a rating system now so you can rate things up or down, depending on your environment. This means alerting can be customized, yet still pick up anomalies."
  • "Reporting is great, it is easy to do a quick search through 45 days of data for something of interest."
  • "After rack and stack, devices were up and running base configurations within two hours. As with any IPS, tuning is required to stop false positives. This is no different, but the ease of use of the interface allowed my team to start making adjustments within a few hours."
  • "The interface bug needs to be squashed once and for all. This has been the predominant issue with an otherwise stellar product. It reboots itself unscheduled, about once a month, due to a memory buffer flaw in the interface."

What is our primary use case?

It is used as our primary in-line IDS/IPS system, replacing FireEye NX. It catches more, looks at more ports than Fireeye NX, and is a scalable appliance, unlike our NX which was saturated and shut itself down.

How has it helped my organization?

Increased our ability to stop malware before it hits workstations. That ability increased by 200% due to the number of ports it monitors, over the FireEye NX product.

What is most valuable?

IPS and reporting. It catches more inline than the FireEye NX even looked at. It has a rating system now so you can rate things up or down, depending on your environment. This means alerting can be customized, yet still pick up anomalies.

Reporting has been great and it is easy to do a quick search through 45 days of data for something of interest.

What needs improvement?

Update: The interface bug issue hasn't happened in last three months. This may be solved now, we hope. Support seems better.

Four years

There was a bug issue for more than a year, but seems resolved with last patch, last reboot occured over 3 months ago.

No issues with scalability. In fact, we’ve added a datacenter, purchased new gear, and scaled out two more units for the active/standby site to take over the load, should a DR be required.

Tech support is competent, usually responds within a few hours, can escalate anything urgent to technical account rep for immediate handling.

We used a different solution. We switched due to flexibility, expandability, and cost. Limitation in old hardware appliance would not scale without major costs.

A breeze. After rack and stack, devices were up and running base configurations within two hours. As with any IPS, tuning is required to stop false positives. This is no different, but the ease of use of the interface allowed my team to start making adjustments within a few hours. With the latest version this is even easier, given the new rating system. You can tweak your environment on the fly, as your ops look at alerts to lower thresholds, raise them, or reduce false positives.

we always use 1 of 2 partner implementer. I rate our partner a 9/10.

More visibility at the north-south network layer, automation of security event/incident handling.

Company came from government space. You license by the number of days of logs you need to maintain visibility for. Forty-five days is a good solid number for a company with around a 10k user base.

Tipping Point, Cisco

What other advice do I have?

The product itself works fine, support is pretty good.

Download our free Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Fidelis Cybersecurity, Palo Alto Networks, Trend Micro, and more!
Updated: June 2022