We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response is #19 ranked solution in EDR tools. PeerSpot users give F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response an average rating of 8 out of 10. F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response is most commonly compared to Microsoft Defender for Endpoint: F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response vs Microsoft Defender for Endpoint. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 36% of all views.
What is F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response?

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response gives you instant visibility into your IT environment and security status from a single pane of glass. It keeps your business and data safe by detecting attacks fast and responding with expert guidance. And you can elevate the hardest cases to our elite cyber security specialists, so we always have your back.

Endpoint Detection and Response is part of F-Secure Elements, the one platform that covers all critical areas of your security value chain from vulnerability management and collaboration protection to endpoint protection; and detection and response - managed from a single security console. Use individual solutions for specific needs or get complete protection by combining them all.

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response was previously known as F-Secure Rapid Detection and Response, F-Secure RDR.

Download the Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response Customers

Blackfin

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response Video

F-Secure Elements Endpoint Detection and Response Reviews

IT Manager at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Stable with an easy initial setup and good performance
  • "The only issue that we have today is with false positives. We have too many false positives with the solution."
  • "The initial setup is very straightforward."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is for the detection of every abnormal change. It detects everything that is abnormal. For example, if people want to install something that is not allowed, then it'll be detected. It's also against malware and all those things.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very stable.

The performance is okay. That's not an issue.

The initial setup is very straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The only issue that we have today is with false positives. We have too many false positives with the solution. Now they block everything. Not everything has to be blocked, even if we white list some applications, still the endpoint detection will detect that there is something going on. They are working on it apparently, so probably it will be solved.

Sometimes good emails got tossed into your spam folder and you have to look for them, which isn't fun.

We've used the solution for one year at this point.

The stability of the product is quite good. I have not noticed bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It does, however, give us too many false positives, which is an issue.

We have 130 users on the solution at this time.

We've only reached out to technical support to complain about the number of false positives. They're working on it. Normally we would have to migrate from the on-premise solution completely towards the cloud solution. They say if we do that, it would be solved, however, that migration is not scheduled until early January.

We did not previously use a different solution.

The implementation is easy. It's integrated. It is just a click in the box. It's quite easy as it's integrated with the Endpoint Detection, the virus scanner. It's just an option that you have to tick that you also have EDR, and then it's very simple.

The maintenance is minimal. We just need someone to clean up the false positives. In total, the maintenance only takes ten hours a month or so. The technical team, the managers and admins, can handle it.

YOu do have to pay for a license in order to use the solution.

We did not evaluate any other solutions before choosing this product.

What other advice do I have?

While the management is done for the moment on-prem, the solution is in fact cloud-based.

I'd rate the solution at an eight out of ten. We've been very pleased with its capabilities.

I would recommend the solution to others.

Hybrid Cloud
Download our free Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) Report and find out what your peers are saying about F-Secure, Microsoft, CrowdStrike, and more!