IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations is #1 ranked solution in top Network Packet Capture tools, #2 ranked solution in top Network Diagnostics tools, #8 ranked solution in top IT Operations Analytics tools, and #40 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations an average rating of 8 out of 10. ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations is most commonly compared to AppDynamics: ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations vs AppDynamics. ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 63% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.

Download the IT Operations Analytics Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2022

What is ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations?

The ExtraHop Application Performance Management Solution Delivers Unified Visibility Across the IT Environment w/ Proactive Alerts & Accelerated Troubleshooting

ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations Customers

Alaska Airlines, bet365, Concur, McKesson, Microsoft, Morgan Stanley, Practice Fusion, Seattle Children's Hospital, Steward Health Care System

ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations Video

ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations pricing:
"The price of this solution for our environment is about £650,000 ($855,000 USD) for three years."

ExtraHop Reveal(x) for IT Operations Reviews

Presales - Cyber Security at Digital14 UAE
Reseller
Reliable with live PCAP analysis and a simple setup
  • "Not only can you look at the protocol import level. It also has a live PCAP analysis."
  • "We'd like to see a local presence within the region in order to have seamless service whether it's the support, the implementation, or professional services."

What is our primary use case?

ExtraHop is basically an NDR solution - Network Detection and Response. It's a cloud-based offering. If you want to look at real-time traffic to see what's happening in and out, in terms of malicious traffic throughout the network, you can reveal the suspicious activity using the ExtraHop NDR solution.  It maps the complete network topology so it looks for devices and it builds a complete network, builds a path. It looks for the misconfiguration of the devices and so on. It gives you full 360-degree visibility into your entire infrastructure. For example, it can show you what components are residing, what vulnerabilities it has, and so forth.

What is most valuable?

When it comes to ExtraHop, it has a very useful feature. Not only can you look at the protocol import level. It also has a live PCAP analysis. Therefore, even if you have PCAP files, Packet Capture files, you can run and have a live recording of the PCAP. That's something this is unique. Otherwise, it's very similar to NetBrain. I wouldn't call it an NDR, however, ExtraHop is mainly comparable to an NDR provider. The solution is stable. The setup is simple.

What needs improvement?

The solution could get more aggressive in the discounting of the overall cost. Support could be better. We'd like to see a local presence within the region in order to have seamless service whether it's the support, the implementation, or professional services.

As resellers, we've proposed this product on a number of projects.
IT Operations Analytics
May 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about ExtraHop Networks, Splunk, Moogsoft and others in IT Operations Analytics. Updated: May 2022.
606,596 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable and reliable. There are no bugs or glitches and it doesn't crash or freeze.

The solution is scalable in the sense the appliance is size-based on the throughput - how much traffic pipe you want to ingest. It's a license-based product and the way it is set up makes it scalable. For example, if you got an appliance of GB, and, after one year, if you wanted to increase the throughput of that appliance, you could simply buy the original license. It's a software upgrade.

In terms of support, it's always being backed from HQ. A lot of these vendors nowadays, such as ExtraHop or Fidelis, don't have a local support center here based in like UAE. I'm based in UAE. However, they enable using the support through HQ (which is not in UAE).  With the first level of support, you will receive help from the sales engineer and through your partners or distributors who are based within the specific region. They will guide you. However, in case of a disaster, a software upgrade, or malfunctioning of the software, then you will have the proper technical support that's based somewhere in the US.Support doesn't have to be faster as this solution is not a very critical solution. It will not impact or bring down your production. It's an out-of-the-box solution. Even if it is down for eight hours, there is no downtime or impact on the production networks. Therefore a lot of vendors are providing the standard support that's basically the next business day or the same day.

I'm also familiar with NetBrain, which is more of an NDR solution.

The product offers a simple, straightforward setup. It's not overly complex or difficult.

Price-wise, it's head to head in cost compared to the other competitors. They're not selling their product at a premium. It's comparable to the market competitors. It's in the same range. It's also subscription-based licensing. The terms can last up to three years.

What other advice do I have?

We are a reseller. The solution can be used both on the cloud and on-premises.  I'd recommend the solution in general. I'd rate it eight out of ten.

Simon Sleightholm - PeerSpot reviewer
Information Assurance and Security Manager at a healthcare company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good security detection and alerts, but we've had challenges with network visibility
  • "The most valuable features are security detections, perimeter detection, dashboards, and alerts."
  • "Network visibility is something that needs to be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is network security.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

We've had some struggles getting it to see everything that we want to see. Network visibility is something that needs to be improved. It was going off and not finding things that we knew we had. For example, we're pointing at a data center and instructing it to find everything. Afterwhich, it was coming back not having found half of the devices. That was a big struggle in terms of integrating with our network.

In the future, I would like to see more direct security information available.

We have been working with ExtraHop for about six months.

The stability is really good.

It is difficult to comment on scalability because we bought it for our network. We haven't added any other networks to it.

The technical support is very good.

Getting the tools installed was quite straightforward, but getting the visibility we wanted of our network through the tool took a while. I think that it was probably two months before it was complete.

The price of this solution for our environment is about £650,000 ($855,000 USD) for three years. However, we were subsidized so we did not have to bear the full cost.

We did a market test for Vectra, Darktrace, and ExtraHop. ExtraHop came out with the best price, and I think that it gives us a broader view of our network.

Maybe the security information isn't quite as strong as Vectra or Darktrace, although we have to do more digging than the other tools would have required. However, we get a lot more information about other things on the network that the other tools couldn't give us.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody considering this type of solution is to certainly check ExtraHop against other competitors. It's different from the other security tools. It gives you more network performance and network information, rather than just security information, which is why we chose it. We seem to get two elements for one, whereas the other tools tended not to give you the network information, some of which are very relevant to security practices.

In some ways, it can be a bit richer than other products, but it can also provide slightly less than some of the other tools. It depends on which area you're wanting to focus on.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Download our free IT Operations Analytics Report and find out what your peers are saying about ExtraHop Networks, Splunk, Moogsoft, and more!
Updated: May 2022