Everbridge Mass Notification OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Everbridge Mass Notification is the #1 ranked solution in top Mass Notification Software tools. PeerSpot users give Everbridge Mass Notification an average rating of 8.6 out of 10. Everbridge Mass Notification is most commonly compared to OnSolve MIR3: Everbridge Mass Notification vs OnSolve MIR3. Everbridge Mass Notification is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 70% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a financial services firm, accounting for 11% of all views.
What is Everbridge Mass Notification?

Everbridge Mass Notification provides robust analytics, GIS targeting, flexible group management, distributed contact data, language localization, multiple options for contact data management, and a “globally local” approach to optimize voice and SMS routing.

Everbridge Mass Notification Customers

Pratt & Whitney, Westfield Gas & Electric, Gerald Eve, CIBC Mellon, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority

Everbridge Mass Notification Video

Archived Everbridge Mass Notification Reviews (more than two years old)

IT Resiliency Consultant at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Leaderboard
A globally scalable solution designed for efficient broadcast alerts
  • "From research into competing products, there are no products on the market that appear to be decidedly better."
  • "Predefined templates with predefined contact lists attached allow an operator to send a message out to a contact list quickly."
  • "The product is lacking in the area of language support."
  • "The technical support is inconsistent."

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using Everbridge as our mass communication software for events considered emergencies or crises. I am responsible for mass notifications. We do use IT alerting as well, but I am responsible for the mass communications piece of emergency response.

We use this software in the event of a crisis or an emergency, either weather-related or safety-related, and we use it globally. The emergencies and crises can be anything from a landslide to an earthquake to an active shooter to chemical spills and so on.

What is most valuable?

For my particular role, the incident management piece is the most valuable. This is where we can set predefined templates with predefined contacts attached to those templates so that an operator can just pull up the template and send a message out to a contact list straight away.

What needs improvement?

One place where Everbridge can be improved is its language libraries. It is weak on languages. Because we are trying to deploy it globally, it affects our usage across languages. They have some weaknesses in that area and it is really noticeable when trying to scale globally.

We have been using this product within our organization for about 10 years.

I would say the stability of the product is very good.

We currently have over 150,000 contacts in the product database. As far as users, we have trained users who are actually the operators who are sending out the messages. I would say we have between 200 to 300 operators globally.

I am not always pleased with the service level where we are receiving from the Everbridge technical support team. On a scale of one to ten, I would give them only a six or seven-out-of-ten. The technical support can definitely be improved and could be more consistent.

I have been doing some ongoing exploratory research to find out what other software is on the market that has similar capabilities. I am looking at other products on the market that may be competing to see how they compare and to gauge user opinions.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten (where one is the worst and ten is the best), I would rate this solution as an eight or nine-out-of-ten. I say that after reviewing some of the other products on the market. I have not been able to find anything that is decidedly better.

The advice that I would give to others looking into implementing this product is that I would definitely recommend it for many organizations that do not need a global solution. If they do not need multiple language capabilities, it is something that can be deployed very quickly and it is a very good product. It needs some language tweaking. A good example of the limitations would be that online training is not available in multiple languages.

Additional features that I would like to see in the next release of the Everbridge Mass Notification is really, mostly, additional language support. Also, there is one piece within the software that is called Scenarios which could be more fine-tuned. It currently needs some work to improve that functionality.

Co-Founder, 25 Years at REDI
  • "SAME and polygonal geographic targeting allow for localized mass notification which reduces communication volume."
  • "Online training materials and support documentation could be improved."
  • "A contact database upload/download/sync should be included in the next release."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for fire and EMS alerts to a group of rural subdivisions organized under the Firewise USA program and served by the Mendocino County Office of Emergency Services. Currently, Everbridge is used for emergency notifications and Nixle is being evaluated for close to real-time alerts and information updates.

How has it helped my organization?

It has been used successfully for large scale notifications as well as defined geographic area targeted notifications. The use of Nixle SMS service for incident notification and ongoing information is being discussed.

What is most valuable?

What needs improvement?

Online training materials and support documentation could be improved.

An additional feature that should be included in the next release would be a contact database upload/download/sync.

Less than one year.