DX Performance Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

DX Performance Management is the #1 ranked solution in top Infrastructure Capacity Planning tools, #3 ranked solution in top DX NetOps tools, and #45 ranked solution in best Network Monitoring Tools. PeerSpot users give DX Performance Management an average rating of 8.0 out of 10. DX Performance Management is most commonly compared to DX Spectrum: DX Performance Management vs DX Spectrum. DX Performance Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 24% of all views.
DX Performance Management Buyer's Guide

Download the DX Performance Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2023

What is DX Performance Management?

CA Performance Management is a comprehensive and highly scalable network performance monitoring and analytics platform. It was built to meet the unique demands of big data and modern networks architectures, including highly dynamic and complex hybrid cloud and software-defined networks (SDN).

The platform is design to reduce complexity inherent in modern networks built across numerous technology stacks through advanced network performance monitoring and relationship mapping for improved operational assurance.

Combined with CA Virtual Network Assurance, the platform extends operator visibility through advanced discovery and network performance monitoring of highly sensitive cloud and multi-layered SDN networks and service chains.

DX Performance Management was previously known as CA Performance Management .

DX Performance Management Customers

Jack Henry & Assoc, Target, CenturyLink, Bell Canada, BrightHouse Networks, Telus, Unisys, Verizon, Southern California Edison, GEICO, Fidelity Investments, Wells Fargo, American Family Insurance Group, Deutsche Telekom AG

DX Performance Management Video

DX Performance Management Pricing Advice

What users are saying about DX Performance Management pricing:
"We purchase a license to use the solution every three years and we have multiple contracts. They have been increasing the price annually. We have a baseline for three years and then we need to pay the difference from the baseline, and we are in the process of negotiating a new price for all the licenses we need. The price overall is affordable."

DX Performance Management Reviews

Team Lead-IT service Management at a comms service provider with 1,001-5,000 employees
Useful interface optimization, and device information, but database model could improve
  • "The most valuable feature of DX Performance Management is the quick way we can collect data without putting much effort. They have a lot of customization and features with the solution internally and out of the box. We can discover the device, and start collecting information. For example, if the device is available, we can receive the CPU and memory utilization, and the interface optimization is simple and very fast to implement."
  • "The solution could improve the database model. It is also not very good because they have a lot of interconnections with other data sources, such as NFA and VNA."

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and we have a lot of in-house servers using DX Performance Management. On the customer's network, we provide events and performance data, and we can control the network, such as the performance, and give service to our customers.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of DX Performance Management is the quick way we can collect data without putting much effort. They have a lot of customization and features with the solution internally and out of the box. We can discover the device, and start collecting information. For example, if the device is available, we can receive the CPU and memory utilization, and the interface optimization is simple and very fast to implement.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve the database model. It is also not very good because they have a lot of interconnections with other data sources, such as NFA and VNA.

The synchronization when we have tenants could improve. For example, the multi-tenancy synchronization process with the other data sources could improve.

In a feature release, the solution should have templates. It does not have tenant templates that we need, and there are a lot of features that we would like to have but do not. We are in touch with Broadcom and are asking them to implement these features in a future version.

I have been using DX Performance Management for more than five years.

DX Performance Management vs. DX Spectrum
January 2023
Find out what your peers are saying about DX Performance Management vs. DX Spectrum and other solutions. Updated: January 2023.
670,400 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable but has some issues with synchronization with DX Spectrum that we use.

I rate the stability of DX Performance Management a four out of five.

DX Performance Management is a highly stable solution.

We have a lot of customers that use this solution because we are an MSP. We have over 1,000 users and 80 servers.

The support quality depends on the issue that is presented to the support.

There are issues that we have, but the support is very good. Other times when we need to involve engineering and the second line of support it is not good. Additionally, parts of the support come from Europe, the United States, and others from India. It depends on the issue we are facing to where the support will be received. For example, web access to the development team is very difficult.

I rate the support from DX Performance Management a four out of five.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

We use DX Spectrum for full management and DX Performance Management to correct performance data.

The setup of DX Performance Management is not difficult but when we did the first installation, we had some support from Broadcom.

It is difficult to say how much time it took to do the implementation because we did it in multiple steps and multiple phases. Phase one was more than five years ago, the installation was done in one to two days. We did the integration with multiple servers it the whole process took approximately two to three months.

Our first step in our implementation strategy was revised because we are an MSP and we need to involve the security and the data center teams to revise where we need to put the servers from the customers who can connect the networks. It took us three months for the first phase of the project and the full completion of the project took approximately one year. There were a lot of servers and customization involved.

I rate the initial setup of DX Performance Management a three out of five.

We had some support from Broadcom for the implementation of the solution. We had two people from our team and one person from the Broadcom team that participated. The assistance from Broadcom was once per week.

We purchase a license to use the solution every three years and we have multiple contracts. They have been increasing the price annually. We have a baseline for three years and then we need to pay the difference from the baseline, and we are in the process of negotiating a new price for all the licenses we need. The price overall is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

Overall the solution is good.

I rate DX Performance Management a seven out of ten.

Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Easy to use and has straightforward licensing
  • "One of the most valuable features is the ease of use."
  • "This solution's implementation process could be quicker. They could also optimize the hardware requirements."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is performance management, and it can be useful to help teams with performance gains. This solution is deployed on-prem.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features is the ease of use.

What needs improvement?

We have been working with this solution since 2004.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable.

The technical support is fine.

The implementation process could be quicker. For deployment, you need a team of one to three people.

We implement this solution for customers.

The licensing is very straightforward. It doesn't matter how many devices you have and would like to monitor—it's very straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate DX Performance Management a nine out of ten, and would recommend it to others.