Delphix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Delphix is the #1 ranked solution in top Test Data Management tools, top Copy Data Management tools, and top Data Masking tools. PeerSpot users give Delphix an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Delphix is most commonly compared to Actifio: Delphix vs Actifio. Delphix is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 19% of all views.

Download the Test Data Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Delphix?

Delphix enables IT organizations to support upscaling their development processes and shortening development cycles by providing self-service to production-like data using automated masking of personal information. The Delphix Dynamic Platform enables IT Operators to move, manage, and secure enterprise data on-premise, in a cloud, or both. Developers, testers, and data analysts get production-quality data within minutes and have control over bookmarking, versioning, refreshing, restoring, branching, and sharing their virtualized data. With easy access to virtualized data, enterprises can accelerate time-to-innovation while reducing storage costs and data risk.

With the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform, your data is:

• Fast: Provision data securely and in the required environments in minutes instead of hours, days, or months to enable IT transformation.

• Secure: Protect sensitive data in adherence with security policies and ensure regulatory compliance.

• Everywhere: Move and manage data from any environment – on-premises, cloud, or in hybrid environments – and seamlessly provision data where required.

The Delphix Dynamic Data Platform provides a collaborative platform for IT Operators and data consumers, ensuring that sensitive data is secured and that the right data is made available to the right people, when and where they need it. For more information visit www.delphix.com

Delphix Customers

Alberta Blue Cross, Fastweb, SABMiller, California Insurance Guarantee Association (CIGA), Molina Healthcare, AT&T, Nike, Facebook, eBay, Comcast, IBM, HP, Intel, Avaya, BNP Paribas, P&B, Toyota, Walmart, Best Western, Directv, JPMorganChase, Verizon, Bank of the West, Fannie Mae

Delphix Video

Archived Delphix Reviews (more than two years old)

Database Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and supports creating virtual databases
  • "The most valuable feature is creating virtual databases."
  • "This product should be extended and made to be a more comprehensive storage solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is cloning databases. We can complete this process in minutes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is creating virtual databases.

As much as I have used it, I'm fine with the interface.

What needs improvement?

This product should be extended and made to be a more comprehensive storage solution. Everything can be stored on the platform but it is mostly used for the database and database virtualization. If they put everything on the storage then they would not need separate storage for other applications.

I have been using Delphix for three years.

Test Data Management
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Delphix, Google, Broadcom and others in Test Data Management. Updated: November 2022.
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We have had some issues, but they have always been resolved.

It is scalable, as for as the other database storage is concerned. We have a backup and restore department who uses this product, and we might be 10 people.

The initial setup was fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I can recommend it, but there is always room for improvement.

Hybrid Cloud
Rahim Cetinel - PeerSpot reviewer
Senior Solution Architect at Accurasas
Data being available anytime is a life changer
  • "Data being available anytime is a life changer."
  • "GUI could be improved."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for Test Data Management. Providing high-quality Production like data to all environments.

How has it helped my organization?

• Shortened SDLC processes
  • Increased quality of development
  • More time for DBAs
  • Huge storage savings
  • Data is always available.

What is most valuable?

Data being available anytime is a life changer.

What needs improvement?

The Product Roadmap is going quite well. GUI could be improved.

Other than that, Delphix as a product is a really good one. We're very happy using it. The support teams are very good and responsive. Should I say that it needs improvement? But it does not. I have worked with many different support teams over the years and so far the Delphix Support Team is the best.

I have been using Delphix since 2016.

I never had a problem with product stability. It's very good.

Parallel deployments are possible so the scalability options are always available.

Before Delphix we were not using a different solution.

Very straightforward setup.

Our ROI is over $1Mil a year.

Test Data Management
November 2022
654,218 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Quality Assurance Engineer at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Fast response time and the interface is very user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to test virtual databases. We copy data from live databases, encode them, test them and then transform them with CA virtual case databases.

What is most valuable?

Delphix interfaces are simple to use and very user friendly. The response time is also fast and copying takes about five minutes.

What needs improvement?

Delphix is a strong solution for virtualization, but it's not strong enough for creating data, so we have to use another solution for creating new data.

I've been using Delphix for about two months now on premises.

The solution is very, very stable.

We encountered a problem when we ran the POC process. We contacted support, the consultant opened a ticket and then it was solved within about five hours to one day. So the support is good.

The initial setup and installation was easy and, even though the deployment is not finished yet, the POC process took us about two weeks. We are working with a consultant and a technical test team.

What other advice do I have?

I am really satisfied with this solution and I will rate it an eight out of ten. In the next version I would, however, like to see improved data generation for virtual databases.

User at Sutter Health
Makes Agile Development easy with concurrent virtual databases, but comes at a hefty price
  • "It provides the ability to roll back to a point in time or roll forward without the assistance of a DBA."
  • "My only complaint about this solution is the price."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this solution is for database virtualization.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution has provided us the ability to apply Agile Methodology for developers. Each developer has their own virtual database from the parent DB, allowing for concurrent development.

Try copying and spinning up a 1 TB database in three minutes, or provisioning forty-two 1 TB databases in three minutes with a script. Also, consolidation in Delphix means that 42 TB in actual databases equates to 3 TB in databases on Delphix.

What is most valuable?

We find the most valuable to be the Delphix Virtualization and Snapshot features. It provides the ability to roll back to a point in time or roll forward without the assistance of a DBA.

What needs improvement?

My only complaint about this solution is the price.

The cost is $370K annually for the Delphix Masking Engine and Delphix Virtualization Engine. This is a bit hefty. After all, it's not made of gold.

reviewer1031169 - PeerSpot reviewer
User at a tech services company with 1-10 employees
We use it for data virtualization with data masking

What is our primary use case?

• Data virtualization with data masking
  • Finding sensitive data also.

How has it helped my organization?

By introducing its technology in Poland, we have given several clients an amazing virtualization tool, data masking and containing time machine.

What is most valuable?

• Virtualization
  • Masking
  • Snapshots
  • Finding sensitive data.

What needs improvement?

Faster data masking.

it_user685389 - PeerSpot reviewer
IT Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
For Big Data Organizations Who have A Lot Of Processes and Need To Clone Databases

What is most valuable?

Storage Saving and fast Provision VDB.

How has it helped my organization?

Not for my organization, but I recommend it for an organization who has a lot of processes to clone databases, and if they have big data.

What needs improvement?

They have masking engine which has many things that need to be improved.

No, I didn't.

10 out of 10.

So easy.

It is very expensive for Turkey because the price is in euro.

What other advice do I have?

If the price is good for your budget, don’t miss it. It makes your life easier than before.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partner of Delphix in Turkey.
Download our free Test Data Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Delphix, Google, Broadcom, and more!
Updated: November 2022