Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Delphix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Delphix is #1 ranked solution in top Test Data Management tools, top Copy Data Management tools, and top Data Masking tools. PeerSpot users give Delphix an average rating of 8.2 out of 10. Delphix is most commonly compared to Actifio: Delphix vs Actifio. Delphix is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 74% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 20% of all views.

Download the Test Data Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Delphix?

Delphix enables IT organizations to support upscaling their development processes and shortening development cycles by providing self-service to production-like data using automated masking of personal information. The Delphix Dynamic Platform enables IT Operators to move, manage, and secure enterprise data on-premise, in a cloud, or both. Developers, testers, and data analysts get production-quality data within minutes and have control over bookmarking, versioning, refreshing, restoring, branching, and sharing their virtualized data. With easy access to virtualized data, enterprises can accelerate time-to-innovation while reducing storage costs and data risk.

With the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform, your data is:

• Fast: Provision data securely and in the required environments in minutes instead of hours, days, or months to enable IT transformation.

• Secure: Protect sensitive data in adherence with security policies and ensure regulatory compliance.

• Everywhere: Move and manage data from any environment – on-premises, cloud, or in hybrid environments – and seamlessly provision data where required.

The Delphix Dynamic Data Platform provides a collaborative platform for IT Operators and data consumers, ensuring that sensitive data is secured and that the right data is made available to the right people, when and where they need it. For more information visit www.delphix.com

Delphix Customers

Alberta Blue Cross, Fastweb, SABMiller, California Insurance Guarantee Association (CIGA), Molina Healthcare, AT&T, Nike, Facebook, eBay, Comcast, IBM, HP, Intel, Avaya, BNP Paribas, P&B, Toyota, Walmart, Best Western, Directv, JPMorganChase, Verizon, Bank of the West, Fannie Mae

Delphix Video

Delphix Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Delphix pricing:
"Delphix's pricing is affordable."

Delphix Reviews

RIDWAAN Kaka - PeerSpot reviewer
Database and Applications manager at AfroCentric Health
Provides a huge reduction in storage requirements; ability to create environments from snapshots
  • "The most valuable feature is VDB provisioning."
  • "Could be improved with richer reporting capabilities."

What is our primary use case?

My team manages Delphix on site. We are customers and resellers of Delphix.

What is most valuable?

Without a doubt, the most valuable feature of Delphix is VDB provisioning. That feature has the ability to provision virtual databases and provide us with a huge reduction in storage requirements. In fact, it enables us to provision databases on demand at a fraction of the storage requirement that we would have needed without it.

Then there's the feature that enables us to rewind and create environments from snapshots of other environments and parent-child relationships. In general, we found everything around VDB provisioning and virtual databases to be exceptionally awesome. In my 20 years as an Oracle VBA, it's changed the landscape drastically.

What needs improvement?

I'd like to see some improvement on the reporting side, but we haven't had the opportunity to delve into that right now because we're in transition to a new company structure. We've been using mission control, the reporting aspects, and I would appreciate having more when it comes to rich reporting capabilities. On the whole, I think that the reporting side is the biggest area which needs improvement and could do with a bit of a refresher. That said, I'm on the management level and have only worked with reporting when issues arise whereas those who work with it on a day-to-day basis, may have other features they'd like to see.

We've had some discussions with Delphix regarding the ability to do cross-platform migrations, something we are very interested in. If you have Delphix on an AIX or Spark machine with a large endian database architecture and you want to run your CDBs on a small architecture or vice versa, it should be possible to do a conversion. That's currently not the case. Other than that, there's not much more they could improve.

We've been using Delphix for close to five years.

Test Data Management
August 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Delphix, Google, Broadcom and others in Test Data Management. Updated: August 2022.
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The solution is stable, everything runs well.

We haven't had much need for scalability, no requirements since inception. When we did have some discussions regarding scaling Delphix, I think it was quite evident that it would be easy to do due to its flexibility.

I believe that Delphix's support team is one of the best around. They are helpful and they don't walk away from a problem. We've had instances where other vendors such as VMware have blamed Delphix for certain issues and when Delphix assisted us we eventually found out that it was actually errors outside Delphix that were causing the issues. Their support is helpful because they guide you through the upgrades, I think it's probably the best out there right now.

I rate this solution a nine out of 10.

From a GUI perspective, I haven't worked with anything like Delphix before and haven't seen anything yet that is as good as Delphix. I think a couple of other products on the table might be IBM InfoSphere and Oracle Snap Clone, but there's no guarantee that we'll be going with those because we're still waiting for confirmation on whether those technologies can run against our IBM Z line architecture.

The initial setup was quite easy. Implementation staff were not required to undergo any training. We were closely assisted by the reseller who helped with the setups, and that process was easy. We've been managing that environment ever since and whenever we encounter issues we have been very well accommodated by the vendor support team.

For the implementation, we received help from the reseller and it was quite easy.

I think the price is reasonable but we haven't truly been able to compare Delphix with similar solutions and their costing, so I can't say for certain whether it's cheap in comparison. I'm not too in touch with the actual costing because it's not my area but when it comes to support, I believe we pay roughly 5 million South African Rand annually. If I look at cost savings alone, I reckon we are saving something close to eight petabytes worth of storage with Delphix. I see that as a game changer.

What other advice do I have?

I haven't been exposed to anything else out there that's similar, but from the reading that I've done it seems that a lot of people have found Delphix offers quite a bit. At the end of the day, I think it's awesome technology. We have people managing it now that are not even experienced or certified for Oracle resources. It's quite an easy technology to implement and then maintain, and using it is also quite easy.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Kevin Lang - PeerSpot reviewer
Director of Federal Sales at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
It can do data masking in any format. Not many solutions can do that.
  • "Delphix can do data masking in any format. Not many solutions can do that."
  • "Delphix needs better partnerships from a customer perspective. It's how they sell it, not what they're selling."

What is our primary use case?

I never used Delphix, but I was a salesperson for the company. Generally, it's used for data masking and virtualization.

What is most valuable?

Delphix can do data masking in any format. Not many solutions can do that.

What needs improvement?

Delphix needs better partnerships from a customer perspective. It's how they sell it, not what they're selling.

Delphix is extremely stable.

There were some challenges in terms of scalability, but maybe they have tweaked the product since I left six months ago. It was primarily an issue with data virtualization, not the masking. The guys who built the masking solution are still there at the company.

Delphix support is second to none. Most of those guys have been around for 10 or 12 years.

The deployment depends on the use case. For example, an Oracle EC2 database might be straightforward, but integrating Delphix with MongoDB Atlas would be more challenging. On average, you could stand up a POC within a week.

You need half an FTE for virtualization and half an FTE for masking. You want to keep those separate, but it would equal one full-time employee for a small company. After deployment, you have to stay up to date on the release, just like any other software package.

The price varies, but they had a liberal discount program. They charge by the terabyte of data, so it depends on the amount you have. I believe a terabyte of data was $36,000 for the platform, and 10 terabytes would be $360,000. However, you could negotiate a better discount as you scale up.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Delphix eight out of 10. There are lots of other cloud-native masking that are partnered with AWS, Azure, and GCP. I believe Delphix began a partnership with Dell recently. I'm not sure where that's going, but it may help Delphix climb the ladder and become more of a cloud product.

Right now, cloud-native solutions like Datadog and others that are moving up on Gartner's are capturing that business. Delphix hasn't entered the fray yet, and I don't know why. I think it's partially the leadership and marketing.

Before implementing Delphix, you should ensure that it works within the cloud environment in your use case. Typically, you need to do a proof of conept for two or three weeks to test it out on your strategic use case.

Test Data Management
August 2022
632,611 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Product Owner & Scrum master at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Its data distribution capabilities are powerful
  • "Delphix's data distribution is powerful. It's easy to distribute data with this solution. The main advantage of Delphix is that it generates copies of data."
  • "Delphix is quite expensive."

What is our primary use case?

Delphix is used to distribute confidential data to customers.

What is most valuable?

Delphix's data distribution is powerful. It's easy to distribute data with this solution. The main advantage of Delphix is that it generates copies of data.

What needs improvement?

I don't personally use Delphix. I use it in the context of jobs for my customers. I have provided feedback to Delphix to let them know what my current customers need and ways to improve the product. However, it's not something I can say more about because this is confidential.

I've been using Delphix for five years.

Delphix's stability is excellent.

Thousands of people are working with Delphix at our company. It's around 2,000 or 3,000 people.

I rate Delphix support eight out of 10. They are relatively responsive. Sometimes they don't respond as quickly as we need, but it's okay.

Delphix is the first product of its kind we have implemented. We compared with Nutanix but decided on Delphix.

It's not so easy to set up Delphix, but it's doable. It took around five or six months to deploy.

We didn't need outside consultants to deploy Delphix. We have enough in-house expertise to deploy it ourselves.

Delphix is quite expensive. At the same time, you'll get a good return on investment if you implement it effectively and distribute it widely.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Delphix eight out of 10. I advise potential users to understand the tool's technical capabilities to how to implement it within your company's internal security framework. You need to understand the solution and how to adapt it according to your constraints. This is the biggest challenge.

Maru Schitekat - PeerSpot reviewer
Director at Nuevo Espacio TI
User-friendly, simple to implement, and has good documentation
  • "It's really easy to install."
  • "As a commercial model, it's very good. However, maybe it would be nice for Delphix to integrate with some other platforms."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for TDM and also for recovery.

Some clients are masking the data and some leads. Some are evaluating analytics for moving to the cloud. Also, the DevOps solution generated with Delphix is used quite often.

What is most valuable?

It's user-friendly. It's really easy to install.

Delphix as a company has a lot of legal information that is very helpful for customers.

We have a big customer in Mexico that has been working with Delphix for 40 years, and in all those years, we have not had the request to make a support ticket for Delphix.

As partners, we find it's very good for business, not just for the IT area. The benefits are really good for the business of the company in general.

What needs improvement?

I’ve been using the solution for about six years.

Technical support has been excellent.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

It is quite simple to set up. There’s lots of documentation as well. It’s al very easy and not at all difficult.

We only ned to use one engineer in order to implement the solution. You don’t ned a lot of personnel to get it up and running.

What other advice do I have?

I am a Delphix distributor. I'm a partner of Delphix.

We tend to use the most up-to-date version of the solution.

I would advise potential new users to take care and have good architecture set up for the platform.

I’d rate the product ten out of ten. It’s an excellent solution.

Database Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Leaderboard
Easy to set up and supports creating virtual databases
  • "The most valuable feature is creating virtual databases."
  • "This product should be extended and made to be a more comprehensive storage solution."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is cloning databases. We can complete this process in minutes.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is creating virtual databases.

As much as I have used it, I'm fine with the interface.

What needs improvement?

This product should be extended and made to be a more comprehensive storage solution. Everything can be stored on the platform but it is mostly used for the database and database virtualization. If they put everything on the storage then they would not need separate storage for other applications.

I have been using Delphix for three years.

We have had some issues, but they have always been resolved.

It is scalable, as for as the other database storage is concerned. We have a backup and restore department who uses this product, and we might be 10 people.

The initial setup was fine.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I can recommend it, but there is always room for improvement.

Hybrid Cloud
CTA\Owner at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Affordable solution but not agentless

What is our primary use case?

I mainly use Delphix for assessments, monitoring, and management.

What needs improvement?

Delphix could be improved with better usability and an agentless option.

Delphix isn't very scalable.

Delphix's technical support is fairly knowledgeable.

Delphix's pricing is affordable.

What other advice do I have?

I prefer other applications and services over Delphix and would rate it as six out of ten.

Download our free Test Data Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Delphix, Google, Broadcom, and more!
Updated: August 2022