IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Citrix Endpoint Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Citrix Endpoint Management is #14 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give Citrix Endpoint Management an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Citrix Endpoint Management is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: Citrix Endpoint Management vs Microsoft Intune. Citrix Endpoint Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Citrix Endpoint Management?

XenMobile is a comprehensive solution to manage mobile apps, data and devices, available both on-premises and in the cloud. Users have single-click access to all of their apps from a unified corporate app store and IT can easily configure, secure and support mobile devices. With XenMobile technology, IT can meet their compliance and control needs while giving users the freedom to experience work and life their way.

Citrix Endpoint Management was previously known as MobileManager, Zenprise, XenMobile.

Citrix Endpoint Management Customers

Miami Marlins, Exelon, Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company (LG&E and KU), Flex, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company

Citrix Endpoint Management Video

Archived Citrix Endpoint Management Reviews (more than two years old)

Director at Magnamious Systems Pvt. Ltd.
Reseller
Secure email and web applications are appreciated by our customers

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to deliver enterprise applications to users' mobile devices, iPads, and Android tablets.

How has it helped my organization?

XenMobile MAM, with inbuilt Secure Mail and Secure Web applications, is liked by our customers.

What is most valuable?

Several features in this solution are excellent.

ShareFile, in particular, is valuable with its ease of sharing, and the best category security that is in the hands of users.

What needs improvement?

• Remote control of this solution needs improvement.
  • End-point management needs more features for Windows 10.
  • Support for inventory management of Apple devices should be added.
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
July 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: July 2022.
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Three years.
Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Citrix Partner
Senior Manager of Infrastructure at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
​Centralized management for iOS and Android platform devices. It can push the policy and application based on needs.

What is most valuable?

Centralized management for the IOS and Android platform device. It can easily push the policy and application based on each departments needs.

How has it helped my organization?

Most of the company are concern about information security. Some of the company devices have been stolen or lost. Using the ZDM, the administrators are able to control the device remotely and send us remote wipe command instantly. It also detects if the device has been jalibroken and rooted and to do necessary actions based on the policy.

BYOD is the new player in this arena, and most companies are trying to allowing it. And ZDM can easily manage it to secure the important information of the device. It can also wipe on the Application that been installed from the ZDM console.

What needs improvement?

Out of the box template policy.

2 years.

We evaluated some of the MDM products like Good technology, mobile iron and airwatch. Most of the product have the same MDM function but ZDM is much simpler to manage in terms of administration.

The ZDM setup is quite straightforward. The Zenprise management system is seated in the internal network and we also use the Zenprise SMG (secure mobile gateway) to communicate the device through internet. It is the same setup as the other MDM product, but the Zenprise SMG gives a security feature to control which device is able to communicate to our Email services.

Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
July 2022
620,319 professionals have used our research since 2012.
SrEngineer672 - PeerSpot reviewer
Consultant at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
​Gave the company the option to implement BYOD for mobile phones, but The MTC was very finicky.

What is most valuable?

1. Ease of deployment to end users.
  2. Profile deployment to setup email, wifi etc.
  3. Secure Mail Gateway was very useful for companies trying to control who accessed their email.

How has it helped my organization?

Gave the company the option to implement BYOD for mobile phones. Also helped with companies who were providing phones the capabilities to easily deploy a phone as well as to securely delete the data if the phone went missing or policies were being broken.

What needs improvement?

1. The Multi-Tenant component (MTC) was very finicky to get up and running and upgrades was hit and miss. If you were dealing with a single site it was fairly straight forward as long as you rebooted the system before doing any significant changes like upgrades or certificate changes.
  2. With Citrix taking over, the XenMobile name is a bundling of other products (ShareFile/XenMobile Apps, NetScaller, etc) which makes this a very difficult setup in a single environment and impossible to deploy a full "XenMobile" experience as a Manage Services offering.

2.5 years. Basically from 2012 to mid 2014.

As a MTC it was a problem to get up and running initially. It also had a lot of problems with certificates but again it came to being very selective on the trusted root authority.

Single deployment has generally been fine.

The MTC It had undocumented memory requirements so even though we had enough memory for the number of devices, the number of tenants meant we had regular crashes until that was fully realised by their support.

Technical support was good.

Didn't use any other product.

MTC is complicated as it required a top level service to manage the tenants and that was difficult to get running.

Single tenant (in-house) was easy.

In-house with technical support.

As I said we sold this product as a manage service offering. I'm not sure on the companies return on investment.

Unknown setup cost but we spent a lot of hours getting it running.

Back in 2012 we compared this to Sophos offering (hands on). On paper we compared this product to Mobile Iron.

What other advice do I have?

I still think XenMobile MDM is a leading solution for Mobile Device Management but its bundling with the other XenMobile Apps and NetScaller makes it very difficult to implement. You (as a solution provider) need to be a Citrix house to get to the right resources. If you are looking to implement MDM just understand the full solution from Citrix is expensive and complicated. However the basic MDM with Secure Mail Gateway is not nearly as difficult and still provides features that other MDM providers don't.

it_user161655 - PeerSpot reviewer
Applications Systems Analyst at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Provides us with faster communication, but Securing ActiveSync without using a Netscaler would be an improvement.

What is most valuable?

Receiving corporate email, contacts, and calendar. The ability to lock down and secure the device, and the ability to support iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.

How has it helped my organization?

This product provides our organization with faster communication with the ability to answer emails from a mobile device rather than having to access Outlook on a laptop or desktop.

What needs improvement?

Securing ActiveSync without using a Netscaler.

2 years and 6 months.

There have not been any issues with deploying this solution. However we have encountered when a user restores an iOS device either for a new iPhone or existing, the XenMobile profiles have to be deleted and the phone has to be setup again using Worx Home.

We have not encountered any issues with stability. But we have seen battery life is slightly drained faster.

We have not encountered any issues with scalability.

10/10.

10/10.

The initial setup has always been very straightforward and easy to install updates.

We did the implementation in-house.

For BYOD we charged users $50.00 to counter the price of the product and license cost. Also faster communication has added to ROI.

The original setup cost was $1,800.00 plus a new license every year. Day-to-day costs include offsite server and storage.

Yes, we did evaluate other options based off of Gartner reports and off of managements previous used products.

What other advice do I have?

Test, test, test and understand how iOS and Android work at an operating system level. Also create good documentation with screenshots to help the users enroll themselves, empower the users.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Yes, we also use Citrix desktop mainly for our ERP system (AX 2009).
it_user2112 - PeerSpot reviewer
CIO at a tech company with 51-200 employees
Provides us the control we need for BYOD. Can't wait until Android support

Valuable Features:

Relatively easy for support staff and employees to use and provides us with the control we needed to deploy our BYOD program internally.

Room for Improvement:

Doesn't yet support Android devices natively, though that is coming.
Download our free Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, and more!
Updated: July 2022