IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Citrix Endpoint Management OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Citrix Endpoint Management is #14 ranked solution in top Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) tools. PeerSpot users give Citrix Endpoint Management an average rating of 9.0 out of 10. Citrix Endpoint Management is most commonly compared to Microsoft Intune: Citrix Endpoint Management vs Microsoft Intune. Citrix Endpoint Management is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 57% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 23% of all views.

Download the Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Citrix Endpoint Management?

XenMobile is a comprehensive solution to manage mobile apps, data and devices, available both on-premises and in the cloud. Users have single-click access to all of their apps from a unified corporate app store and IT can easily configure, secure and support mobile devices. With XenMobile technology, IT can meet their compliance and control needs while giving users the freedom to experience work and life their way.

Citrix Endpoint Management was previously known as MobileManager, Zenprise, XenMobile.

Citrix Endpoint Management Customers

Miami Marlins, Exelon, Louisville Gas and Electric Company and Kentucky Utilities Company (LG&E and KU), Flex, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company

Citrix Endpoint Management Video

Citrix Endpoint Management Reviews

Information Technology Executive at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
This solution is a guardian in helping secure and localize critical data and applications
  • "The product is capable of acting in many different ways to help secure architecture."

What is our primary use case?

Endpoint management is used for multiple things. One would be for my VPN gateway. Second, it is used for security. Using it, I do not have to put our data and our applications on laptops or other third-party devices. Data and applications are always in the data center. Endpoint Security is always the guardian and mostly always used to access patient applications — which we need extra security on. Endpoint Security helps us to accomplish those goals.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Endpoint Security would be that all the data is localized in a data center. It is not on the user's device. I can do so many things with it to maintain the security that it is an enhancement to our environment. For example, I can allow BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and ensure that there will not be any data loss.

What needs improvement?

At my level, I do not know what needs to be improved for the normal end-user because I do not really log into the devices anymore. But based on our experience — on my people's experience — I do not think there is much more left to be improved for our needs. It really comes down to how good your people are in terms of execution. If they are well-trained and if they know what their stuff, then things are going to be easily.

We have been using Citrix Endpoint Management since January. So I have been working with it for roughly eight months.

Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
    July 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware and others in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). Updated: July 2022.
    619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.

There are challenges every now and then with the stability, but it is never anything that we cannot fix.

There are a lot of methods for scaling the product in use and functionality. One would be increasing licenses so that you can have more users. In terms of power, there are different scaling methods like vertical or horizontal scaling. Those are things that are easy for us to turn on at any time. We can just contact our supplier to provide us with what we need by asking for it.

Our current users include a group of administrators which is, more-or-less, ten people. These are the ones that actually maintains the system. Then we are talking about 7,000 users who mostly use the product on a daily basis. This would mostly be the doctors and the nurses.

I once called the president of Citrix here in the Philippines and I have direct contact with her at this point if I need it. I also have an account manager with Citrix on the supplier side. He is actually very helpful in escalating certain issues to their engineering team if there is a critical issue.

There is not really anything that needs to be improved in the area of available documentation. I think it is perfectly done: abundant and available.

I have used VMware as well. Which product you would use depends on your implementation and needs. For my sake and from the perspective of my business, my use case is very much aligned with what Citrix does well.

The initial setup was a bit complex. In our case, I have the right resources on our installation team which did the install. Because they are a talented group, it was a simple process for us.

We planned the deployment properly. We worked with Citrix and the SI (Systems Integrator) who supported us. We actually created a very good plan to have a roadmap to execute the foundation and just do incremental addition of other capabilities. It has become very easy for us to implement nowadays. We do our day-to-day start and end date processes and proceed through the ongoing deployment.

It took us three months to do the foundation of it and now we just continue to integrate the other applications. We took an agile approach where we started with specific foundational implementations. Now we are just integrating one-by-one with the other applications that we already have in the hospital.

We are talking about hundreds of applications so it was not something that would have ever been reasonable to think would occur overnight.

As far as maintenance, it is really built into the daily processes. I do not think it is really necessary to take an intensive maintenance approach. Our team can take care of issues if any arise.

Endpoint Management comes in a bundle of many other products that we bought, I can not say what the exact cost was. Whether it was cheap or expensive is actually subjective anyway. In my opinion, it is actually in a very good sweet spot. It is just in the middle of what I want to spend. It is not too cheap so that it can not do what I need it to. It is not too expensive for me so that it breaks my budget.

When I was making my evaluation for the solution I needed, the situation was more of an emergency. I looked up reference documents to just tell me which should be in the top 10 or so of this product category. When I saw the Citrix solution was in the mix, it was good because I already had a current relationship with them. I called them up and nearly immediately — within four hours — they were able to fire up a machine for me. It was a snap decision based on availability and my previous relationship with the company, and that is basically what happened in making my decision.

What other advice do I have?

First and foremost, anyone considering this product has to gather their complete use case and know for certain exactly what they really want to do. Based on that, they can align their use-case needs with the different products in the category. From that vantage they can see which of the viable solutions actually address their requirements. The next thing to do is look at the capability to scale in terms of a roadmap. This is not only looking at the number of licenses but the other enterprise-wide capabilities as well. For example, they may need to look at capabilities for doing load balancing or doing VPNs. If a product can do all the things that you need with a simple upgrade of a license or something that is not complicated or extremely costly, then you should also evaluate the product in that light as well.

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best. I can rate Citrix endpoint management as a perfect ten. It absolutely covers our needs perfectly.

Senior Citrix System Engineer at a computer software company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Great application deployment, gateway and split tunnel features
    • "The MAM applications of the product are great."
    • "Requires integrating with ABM before enabling some of the features."

What is our primary use case?

We provide this solution to our clients and also provide support for our enterprise accounts. We are partners with Citrix and resellers of Endpoint Management. I'm the senior Citrix system engineer.

What is most valuable?

I think the MAM applications of the product are great, things like deploying applications, application VPN, private VPN, application gateway, split tunnels, they are all great features.

What needs improvement?

I think MDM can be improved and I think perhaps Microsoft Intune has a better MDM. When working with Citrix MDM, we still need to integrate with ABM before we can enable some of the features. I also think when releasing new functions they could update more frequently or quickly. Perhaps the cloud environment is better; some customers with on-prem Citrix MDM sometimes have to wait. The application is not always compatible with the new iOS releases and without supervised mode, we cannot disable the iOS upgrade.

I've been using this solution for a few years.

The solution is quite a stable product with very few bugs. We have customers who have been using it since 2014 and they haven't had problems.

It can deploy many devices, like bulk enrollment or sending the enrollment invite. It's a great feature and can scale easily. It depends somewhat on the company and organization license, but it's very scalable.

They have a great support team and I work with them a lot. They respond quickly, they're helpful and knowledgeable about the product.

We are the service provider and we help our customers to purchase the license. I think the cloud license is a bit expensive, and sometimes hard to sell, but I think if a customer likes the solution, it's not a big deal.

What other advice do I have?

I really like the solution and have supported it for years. It meets customers' requirements. I think quite a lot of users with Endpoint Management see it as stable and capable with constantly improving features. It now supports the new iOS 15, blocking user wifi, dynamic IPs, Mac addresses, those kinds of things. I think it also updates with ADC. It's a good solution.

I rate Citrix nine out of 10.

Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM)
    July 2022
    619,967 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    GM COE at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
    Scalable and the installation process is straightforward
    • "A valuable feature of Citrix Endpoint Management is that it's stable. The stability is not a challenge among the move to the cloud."
    • "Citrix needs to improve the architecture. They also need to strengthen the application integration. They keep referring to some things to be required as security, and they keep selling the next level and on-premise separately. They should give the customer the opportunity to decide whether they want to use the next level on-premise or on-cloud, but they should not charge additional fees if the customer wants to deploy the next level on-premise because the customer is already being charged as the end user. They should allow next level on-premise optimization without any additional charges."

What is our primary use case?

This solution could be deployed both on-premise and on-cloud, but the on-premise solutions are being decommissioned, so everything is on-cloud only now. The customers who have their solution deployed on-premise are converting them to cloud now.

What needs improvement?

I have been providing this solution to customers for almost 10 years now.

This solution is stable.

This solution is scalable. We have two large customers who are using Citrix Endpoint Management.

We have had challenges with the technical support of Citrix. It's not that great. First it gets into L1 and then we take another four or five hours to get another engineer in. The time spent is more than that of VMware. The response time needs to be faster.

The installation of Citrix was straightforward. The last installation we did was almost a year ago. It took around two weeks because of the customer's dependencies.

We have one guy, a manager, who is capable of managing everything, Citrix Workplace, VMware Workspace ONE.

We implement this solution for customers.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Citrix Endpoint Management an eight out of ten. I would absolutely recommend it to other people.

Download our free Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Citrix, Microsoft, VMware, and more!
    Updated: July 2022