IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Check Point Web Gateway OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Web Gateway is #15 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways. PeerSpot users give Check Point Web Gateway an average rating of 8 out of 10. Check Point Web Gateway is most commonly compared to Cisco Umbrella: Check Point Web Gateway vs Cisco Umbrella. Check Point Web Gateway is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 55% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 26% of all views.

Download the Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Check Point Web Gateway?
Embracing the current paradigm shift from simple URL filtering to comprehensive malware protection, the Check Point Secure Web Gateway provides an intuitive solution that enables secure use of Web 2.0 with real time multi-layered protection against web-borne malware, largest application coverage in the industry, advanced granular control, intuitive centralized management, and essential end-user education functionality. Learn more about next generation secure web gateway.
Check Point Web Gateway Customers

Morton Salt, Medical Advocacy and Outreach, BH Telecom, Lightbeam Health Solutions, X by Orange, Cadence, Nihondentsu, Datastream Connexion, Good Sam, Omnyway, FIASA, Pacific Life, Banco del Pacifico, Control Southern, Xero, Centrify, Tradair, Laterlite, Phoenix International, Unisinos, Wilkin Chapman, Connexus Energy, Mutua Universal, Smart & Final, Central New Mexico Community Colleg, Grupo Financiero Multiva

Check Point Web Gateway Video

Check Point Web Gateway Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Web Gateway pricing:
"It is expensive. Licensing is on a yearly basis. You need to do the support subscription."

Check Point Web Gateway Reviews

Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Great web filtering, good protection, and provides more visibility
  • "We really liked everything, however, one of the biggest advantages we found was its web filtering."
  • "The documentation needs to improve."

What is our primary use case?

Our implementation was carried out to be able to further filter the vulnerabilities that we had regarding the traffic or internet access that our collaborators had in order to avoid malware or malicious applications that could affect our infrastructure. It gave us the opportunity to test this product, which together with its other tools (such as application control or antivirus) managed to effectively complement each other to achieve a more secure infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

The incorporation into the family of services that we use has helped us a lot. It gave us greater visibility into the vulnerabilities that we had to be able to make decisions to better shield our infrastructure. It generated greater confidence in our security at the managerial level in addition to providing many benefits that were used to the maximum. The web filtering was a success. It was possible to protect the equipment and the infrastructure of the company in an effective way. Its monitoring and reports were very good and helped us to make better decisions, in addition to seeing everything in a more granular way and providing some regulatory policies for some departments that were different from others.

What is most valuable?

We really liked everything, however, one of the biggest advantages we found was its web filtering. This is very good at helping us avoid vulnerabilities and also protect our company. Its granular policies were a success with the control of applications. It really adjusted to the needs that we had. The protection of the information was very effective in protecting against zero-day threats. The solution helped users avoid making ignorant mistakes that were not their fault. It provided us that extra help to avoid attacks.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas to improve is support, since sometimes we open cases, and have difficulty scheduling a meeting that would help us with some issues in the implementation of the best practices.  The documentation needs to improve. Sometimes it is a bit confusing to find the most current guides that can provide the effective help that the client requires, however thanks to the commitment of the partner it helped us to find the necessary extra help.
June 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Cisco, Forcepoint and others in Secure Web Gateways (SWG). Updated: June 2022.
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Check Point is one of the best security brands and manufacturers in the world. Their Check Point Web Gateway is very effective. We have used it for about two years for our on-premise and Azure networks. It's really a very good solution.

Check Point is the brand that we prefer. We have not used any other. We have documented and verified some other brands, however, the best one that fits the requirements is Check Point.

Regarding the cost, it is important to advise correctly with a provider so that you get the necessary scope to be able to make correct implementation and expense decisions.

We have not used any other solution.
Eric  Liao - PeerSpot reviewer
Solution Manager at DYXnet Group
MSP
Has valuable customer-facing features, like malware
  • "I think this solution is very helpful to our customers because its cloud-based security can be deployed quickly and maintained easily."
  • "Check Point Web Gateway could add an end point access function."

What is our primary use case?

Many of our clients use Check Point Web Gateway as a cloud base, firewall, and DPI for their security assets. All of this is deployed on the cloud. Because we are the service provider, we can use the SDN technology to connect to our customer and take the traffic to the Check Point cloud.

What is most valuable?

The Check Point Web Gateway features I find the most valuable are the customer-facing ones, like the malware and internet tech. I think this solution is very helpful to our customers because its cloud-based security can be deployed quickly and maintained easily. Check Point Web Gateway also comes with a particular sharing model, as it's deployed on the cloud on a monthly renting model. This is very different from the legacy price.

What needs improvement?

I have not come across anything that would need to be improved as I have only worked with Check Point Web Gateway for about two years.

Check Point Web Gateway could add an end point access function. Their competitors can deploy all data via AG Subway on mobile devices, giving customers access from the endpoint. This option has been available for some four years now at Check Point Web Gateway's competitors.

I have been using this solution for nearly two years now.

I think Check Point Web Gateway is stable.

Check Point Web Gateway is more scalable than legacy solutions, but all of this depends on a company's scaling requirements.

Check Point Web Gateway's tech support answers tickets very quickly.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

Whether the initial setup is easy will depend on the cloud space - public, private, or hybrid, that you will use for the deployment. This will depend on the customer's requirements.

We actually provide deployment services.

The number of engineers that we dispatch for a specific deployment will depend on the customer. The most basic deployment will require two engineers. Overall, deployment will take two days.

I can't really say too much about the ROI we've had from Check Point Web Gateway because I am responsible for the tech support.

Setup costs, pricing, and licensing is different in each country. We provide licensing for Taiwan.

Private Cloud
June 2022
608,713 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Kirtikumar Patel - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at LTTS
URL filtering and application control help us to secure against malicious websites and applications
  • "Application control allows the administrator to create granular policies based on users to allow, block, or limit access."
  • "Most of the time, we are struggling when it comes to getting support."

What is our primary use case?

We have the Check Point Firewall as a perimeter gateway and we are using it across seven geolocations. Each location has a cluster. We use it to block high-risk and malicious websites and applications. It enforces compliance policies and regulations at each of the sites.

With this Web gateway, we are secure and it protects our applications or URL with multi-layer architecture security. We are using web security, URL filtering, and antivirus, and we will enable the HTTPS inspection shorty.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Web Gateway has improved our inbound and outbound traffic for applications or websites and related queries with features such as URL Filtering. It can control access to websites based on URLs to prevent employees from accessing malicious or inappropriate content and also we enforce bandwidth on streaming services.

These are very good features for us.

We can also now easily identify which users are accessing which URLs, and we can control access based upon them.

What is most valuable?

With Check Point Web Gateway, we have found the following features the most valuable:

1. URL Filtering
  2. Application Control
  3. Antivirus

URL filtering allows us to control websites based on URL contents and whether any inappropriate content or any malicious content is there.

It allows us to enforce bandwidth restrictions on a specific destination or URL, where some streaming service content is available.

URL filtering management is based on the URL, users, and groups, where access can be either granted or denied.

What needs improvement?

Most of the time, we are struggling when it comes to getting support. Due to this, we have now have taken TAM support and have also taken third-party support for this product. Generally, the support experience is not what we expect from Check Point.

We have been using this solution for more than one year.

Overall, Check Point is a very good solution, although the price and other licensing costs are something that you have to check.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, Check Point Web Security is a very good solution for us. We have been using it for a long time and we use all of the aspects. For security concerns, Check Point Web Security is the best solution with features such as URL filtering, application control, and antivirus.

Director at Progression Infonet Pvt Ltd
Very stable, extremely scalable, and easy to install, but it is expensive

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily used for highlighting the threats that are coming from various locations. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable.

What needs improvement?

It is expensive. Its price should be better.

I have been using this solution for the last seven to eight years.

It is very stable.

It is extremely scalable. We have close to 3,000 users who are using it.

We have required technical support quite a few times, and it has been very forthcoming from Check Point. I am satisfied with their support.

We didn't use any other solution.

It was easy to install. It took close to a week to fully deploy it, make it operational, and manage it.

We are an integrator of this solution. There are two engineers who are managing it.

It is expensive. Licensing is on a yearly basis. You need to do the support subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate Check Point Web Gateway a seven out of ten.

Download our free Secure Web Gateways (SWG) Report and find out what your peers are saying about Check Point, Cisco, Forcepoint, and more!
Updated: June 2022