IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Check Point Web Gateway OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Web Gateway is #10 ranked solution in top Web Security Gateways. PeerSpot users give Check Point Web Gateway an average rating of 8.4 out of 10. Check Point Web Gateway is most commonly compared to Cisco Umbrella: Check Point Web Gateway vs Cisco Umbrella. Check Point Web Gateway is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 54% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
Check Point Web Gateway Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Web Gateway Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2022

What is Check Point Web Gateway?
Embracing the current paradigm shift from simple URL filtering to comprehensive malware protection, the Check Point Secure Web Gateway provides an intuitive solution that enables secure use of Web 2.0 with real time multi-layered protection against web-borne malware, largest application coverage in the industry, advanced granular control, intuitive centralized management, and essential end-user education functionality. Learn more about next generation secure web gateway.
Check Point Web Gateway Customers

Morton Salt, Medical Advocacy and Outreach, BH Telecom, Lightbeam Health Solutions, X by Orange, Cadence, Nihondentsu, Datastream Connexion, Good Sam, Omnyway, FIASA, Pacific Life, Banco del Pacifico, Control Southern, Xero, Centrify, Tradair, Laterlite, Phoenix International, Unisinos, Wilkin Chapman, Connexus Energy, Mutua Universal, Smart & Final, Central New Mexico Community Colleg, Grupo Financiero Multiva

Check Point Web Gateway Video

Check Point Web Gateway Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Check Point Web Gateway pricing:
"It is expensive. Licensing is on a yearly basis. You need to do the support subscription."

Check Point Web Gateway Reviews

Adriamcam - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Engineer at ITQS
Reseller
Flexible with good web filtering and overall robust security
  • "The stability of the tool is very good."
  • "Perhaps the latency in the administrative part of the portal would be a point of improvement."

What is our primary use case?

Check Point Web Gateway was implemented in the organization as one of the main security products to avoid any malicious attack on our infrastructure.

Using this tool, we were able to increase and filter the vulnerabilities in the traffic or Internet access of the collaborators, thus preventing any type of malware from entering our network.

Implementing this web gateway in the organization helped us keep devices, applications, web security, and URL filtering secure, and with this, we have advanced a lot in security. These features are very necessary.

How has it helped my organization?

When this tool was implemented, it gave us a lot of flexibility and confidence in the organization. The characteristics, such as web filtering and security in URL applications are great. With them, we have great visibility of vulnerabilities that surround us. With analysis, it was possible to attack all the points where the company had security weaknesses and strengthen those points. It also presents a large part of very granular reports or statistics.

What is most valuable?

The Check Point Web Gateway tool presents several valuable features such as URL filtering, application, and antivirus control. These characteristics are very valuable since they are customer-oriented.

It provides very efficient security and can also be implemented in the cloud, which is very good. In recent years the cloud has gained a lot of strength and is very valuable in terms of IPS capacity.

What needs improvement?

At the moment, we have not found any point of improvement in the last three years. The tool has behaved very well both in scalability and stability.

The technical support of Check Point, in general, has had problems in providing effective, reliable, and timely support. On many occasions, we have had problems and it did not help us in a reasonable amount of time.

That said, in general, the tool provides the respective functionality for which it was created and protects the organization very well.

Check Point Web Gateway
August 2022
Learn what your peers think about Check Point Web Gateway. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: August 2022.
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.

We implemented the solution three years ago.

The stability of the tool is very good. They always stay on top of everything. There have been very few times we have seen problems.

It has very good scalability and is very fast.

The experience with technical support has not been very good. We always have problems with a quick response.

Positive

Previously no tool had been implemented.

The configuration was very simple the tool is easy to install.

The tool was implemented with the IT department and an engineer provided by the vendor with a lot of experience.

We've seen an ROI in terms of the security implementation. The price is also important. You have to look for a good tool that 100% meets what you are looking for.

The installation is very easy and user-friendly, and fast. The cost is competitive in the market.

Other options were not evaluated since we have handled some Check Point tools previously, and we liked the characteristics of this one.

What other advice do I have?

It is a reliable and safe tool.

Cloud Support - Security Admin at a tech company with 1-10 employees
User
Good monitoring, granular policies, and simple to implement
  • "The implementation of this tool was straightforward."
  • "Some documents needed to implement with the best practices are difficult to understand, take longer than expected to apply, and sometimes even require support."

What is our primary use case?

Our main motivation for using this type of tool was to improve the level of security and effectiveness by preventing or protecting the company from threats on sites and applications that could compromise the company's information and equipment.

Protecting us from modern threats, malware, phishing, and ransomware gave us the initiative to contact our checkpoint vendor and show interest in a tool that could satisfy this need. Then we were allowed to try this type of tool and see the results.

How has it helped my organization?

The Check Point Web Gateway tool has helped us improve the security of the equipment and access that we previously had. Generally, a lot of malware was installed on the equipment, which without the user realizing it affected both the performance and the exposure of the information that they had access. After the implementation of Check Point, these threats disappeared little by little, improving through granular policies in which through user profiles we were attacking to solve them. It's been an excellent tool for us.

What is most valuable?

The features of Check Point Web Gateway that we liked the most are the following:

1- Monitoring. The monitoring provided by Check Point security technologies is very good, easy to understand, and helps in an excellent way to verify the behavior of the tool.

2- Granular Policies. Through granular policies, we were able to create different profiles that depended on the type of user. In some cases, it is more restrictive for normal users than for managerial users, that is, always mainly providing security. However, different restrictions helped us a lot. We could establish them without generating annoyance for the client depending on their role in the company.

3- Easy implementation. The implementation of this tool was straightforward.

What needs improvement?

The aspects that we have evaluated over time to give an opinion on an improvement that the Check Point security manufacturer can generate are the following:

1- Improvement of technical support. It is important that Check Point can generate greater growth at the support level. Errors are not always easily solved.

2- Updated Documentation. Some documents needed to implement with the best practices are difficult to understand, take longer than expected to apply, and sometimes even require support.

3- The costs. Some Check Point features are somewhat expensive.

A very good idea to use a web gateway since it generates greater security in the access of our collaborators to the use of the internet and applications,

The use has been successful for at least two years. Initially, the implementation was carried out partially to see the adaptation of the service, which was widely adopted by users understanding the threats that currently exist.

Previously, we had validated options and used open-source tools. However, they were most difficult to manage and use.

I always recommend that, before implementing, a customer discusses the business needs with the vendor in order to choose the ideal product.

Also, implement small tests to test the operation before going to production.

We needed to be able to quickly implement a tool that would meet the security needs. We already used Check Point products. It has gone very well for us, which is why we opted for the use of this application without hesitation.

What other advice do I have?

I recommend the use of this tool. However, take your time and validate if it suits your needs completely.

Check Point Web Gateway
August 2022
620,068 professionals have used our research since 2012.
alvarado - PeerSpot reviewer
Cloud Support Leader at a tech company with 51-200 employees
User
Great web filtering, good protection, and provides more visibility
  • "We really liked everything, however, one of the biggest advantages we found was its web filtering."
  • "The documentation needs to improve."

What is our primary use case?

Our implementation was carried out to be able to further filter the vulnerabilities that we had regarding the traffic or internet access that our collaborators had in order to avoid malware or malicious applications that could affect our infrastructure. It gave us the opportunity to test this product, which together with its other tools (such as application control or antivirus) managed to effectively complement each other to achieve a more secure infrastructure.

How has it helped my organization?

The incorporation into the family of services that we use has helped us a lot. It gave us greater visibility into the vulnerabilities that we had to be able to make decisions to better shield our infrastructure. It generated greater confidence in our security at the managerial level in addition to providing many benefits that were used to the maximum.

The web filtering was a success. It was possible to protect the equipment and the infrastructure of the company in an effective way. Its monitoring and reports were very good and helped us to make better decisions, in addition to seeing everything in a more granular way and providing some regulatory policies for some departments that were different from others.

What is most valuable?

We really liked everything, however, one of the biggest advantages we found was its web filtering. This is very good at helping us avoid vulnerabilities and also protect our company. Its granular policies were a success with the control of applications. It really adjusted to the needs that we had.

The protection of the information was very effective in protecting against zero-day threats. The solution helped users avoid making ignorant mistakes that were not their fault. It provided us that extra help to avoid attacks.

What needs improvement?

One of the areas to improve is support, since sometimes we open cases, and have difficulty scheduling a meeting that would help us with some issues in the implementation of the best practices.

The documentation needs to improve. Sometimes it is a bit confusing to find the most current guides that can provide the effective help that the client requires, however thanks to the commitment of the partner it helped us to find the necessary extra help.

Check Point is one of the best security brands and manufacturers in the world. Their Check Point Web Gateway is very effective. We have used it for about two years for our on-premise and Azure networks. It's really a very good solution.

Check Point is the brand that we prefer. We have not used any other. We have documented and verified some other brands, however, the best one that fits the requirements is Check Point.

Regarding the cost, it is important to advise correctly with a provider so that you get the necessary scope to be able to make correct implementation and expense decisions.

We have not used any other solution.

Eric  Liao - PeerSpot reviewer
Solution Manager at DYXnet Group
MSP
Has valuable customer-facing features, like malware
  • "I think this solution is very helpful to our customers because its cloud-based security can be deployed quickly and maintained easily."
  • "Check Point Web Gateway could add an end point access function."

What is our primary use case?

Many of our clients use Check Point Web Gateway as a cloud base, firewall, and DPI for their security assets. All of this is deployed on the cloud. Because we are the service provider, we can use the SDN technology to connect to our customer and take the traffic to the Check Point cloud.

What is most valuable?

The Check Point Web Gateway features I find the most valuable are the customer-facing ones, like the malware and internet tech. I think this solution is very helpful to our customers because its cloud-based security can be deployed quickly and maintained easily. Check Point Web Gateway also comes with a particular sharing model, as it's deployed on the cloud on a monthly renting model. This is very different from the legacy price.

What needs improvement?

I have not come across anything that would need to be improved as I have only worked with Check Point Web Gateway for about two years.

Check Point Web Gateway could add an end point access function. Their competitors can deploy all data via AG Subway on mobile devices, giving customers access from the endpoint. This option has been available for some four years now at Check Point Web Gateway's competitors.

I have been using this solution for nearly two years now.

I think Check Point Web Gateway is stable.

Check Point Web Gateway is more scalable than legacy solutions, but all of this depends on a company's scaling requirements.

Check Point Web Gateway's tech support answers tickets very quickly.

Positive

Whether the initial setup is easy will depend on the cloud space - public, private, or hybrid, that you will use for the deployment. This will depend on the customer's requirements.

We actually provide deployment services.

The number of engineers that we dispatch for a specific deployment will depend on the customer. The most basic deployment will require two engineers. Overall, deployment will take two days.

I can't really say too much about the ROI we've had from Check Point Web Gateway because I am responsible for the tech support.

Setup costs, pricing, and licensing is different in each country. We provide licensing for Taiwan.

Private Cloud
Kirtikumar Patel - PeerSpot reviewer
Network Engineer at LTTS
URL filtering and application control help us to secure against malicious websites and applications
  • "Application control allows the administrator to create granular policies based on users to allow, block, or limit access."
  • "Most of the time, we are struggling when it comes to getting support."

What is our primary use case?

We have the Check Point Firewall as a perimeter gateway and we are using it across seven geolocations. Each location has a cluster. We use it to block high-risk and malicious websites and applications. It enforces compliance policies and regulations at each of the sites.

With this Web gateway, we are secure and it protects our applications or URL with multi-layer architecture security. We are using web security, URL filtering, and antivirus, and we will enable the HTTPS inspection shorty.

How has it helped my organization?

Check Point Web Gateway has improved our inbound and outbound traffic for applications or websites and related queries with features such as URL Filtering. It can control access to websites based on URLs to prevent employees from accessing malicious or inappropriate content and also we enforce bandwidth on streaming services.

These are very good features for us.

We can also now easily identify which users are accessing which URLs, and we can control access based upon them.

What is most valuable?

With Check Point Web Gateway, we have found the following features the most valuable:

1. URL Filtering
  2. Application Control
  3. Antivirus

URL filtering allows us to control websites based on URL contents and whether any inappropriate content or any malicious content is there.

It allows us to enforce bandwidth restrictions on a specific destination or URL, where some streaming service content is available.

URL filtering management is based on the URL, users, and groups, where access can be either granted or denied.

What needs improvement?

Most of the time, we are struggling when it comes to getting support. Due to this, we have now have taken TAM support and have also taken third-party support for this product. Generally, the support experience is not what we expect from Check Point.

We have been using this solution for more than one year.

Overall, Check Point is a very good solution, although the price and other licensing costs are something that you have to check.

What other advice do I have?

In summary, Check Point Web Security is a very good solution for us. We have been using it for a long time and we use all of the aspects. For security concerns, Check Point Web Security is the best solution with features such as URL filtering, application control, and antivirus.

Antonio Palhinhas - PeerSpot reviewer
Deputy Director of Information and CommuniDeputy Director of Information and Communication Systems at TVI
Useful content filtering, reliable, and web options
  • "The most valuable features of Check Point Web Gateway are all the IPS. However, what matters for users is content and web filtering."
  • "Check Point Web Gateway could improve the user interface. It could be made more modern."

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use for Check Point Web Gateway is network security.

How has it helped my organization?

Being a media company the use of Internet is part of company's business, therefore it is very important to be able to protect both company assets and users. Check Point gateways provided an important role on that security measures.

What is most valuable?

One of the most valuable features of Check Point Web Gateway is the IPS capability. However, what matters most for users security is content and web filtering.

What needs improvement?

Check Point Web Gateway could improve the graphical user interface to make it more appealing. However it works.

We have been using Check Point Web Gateway for approximately 10 years.

Check Point Web Gateway is a reliable and stable solution.

Personally I do not have experience with the support of Check Point Web Gateway, but the team is happy with it. If there is no solution on their website the phone support usually works fine.

Positive

The initial setup of Check Point Web Gateway was straightforward.

We used the support for the deployment of Check Point Web Gateway.

We have a team of two people for the maintenance of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is for them to make sure they have the right model of Check Point Web Gateway they need for their business. The most inexpensive version might not have have the performance needed.

I rate the price of Check Point Web Gateway an eight out of ten.

There are some other solutions in the market with a bit better performance.

Director at Progression Infonet Pvt Ltd
Very stable, extremely scalable, and easy to install, but it is expensive

What is our primary use case?

It is primarily used for highlighting the threats that are coming from various locations. We are using its latest version.

What is most valuable?

It is very stable.

What needs improvement?

It is expensive. Its price should be better.

I have been using this solution for the last seven to eight years.

It is very stable.

It is extremely scalable. We have close to 3,000 users who are using it.

We have required technical support quite a few times, and it has been very forthcoming from Check Point. I am satisfied with their support.

We didn't use any other solution.

It was easy to install. It took close to a week to fully deploy it, make it operational, and manage it.

We are an integrator of this solution. There are two engineers who are managing it.

It is expensive. Licensing is on a yearly basis. You need to do the support subscription.

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. I would rate Check Point Web Gateway a seven out of ten.

Download our free Check Point Web Gateway Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
Updated: August 2022
Product Categories
Secure Web Gateways (SWG)