We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Check Point Harmony Mobile OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Check Point Harmony Mobile is #1 ranked solution in top Mobile Threat Defense tools. PeerSpot users give Check Point Harmony Mobile an average rating of 10 out of 10. Check Point Harmony Mobile is most commonly compared to VMware Workspace ONE: Check Point Harmony Mobile vs VMware Workspace ONE. Check Point Harmony Mobile is popular among the midsize enterprise segment, accounting for 66% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 32% of all views.
What is Check Point Harmony Mobile?

Mobile Security: Robust, Agile & Transparent

In the new normal, while employees are increasingly accessing corporate data from their smartphones, your business is exposed to breaches more than ever.

Harmony Mobile* delivers complete protection for your mobile workforce that is simple to deploy, manage and scale.

Check Point Harmony Mobile was previously known as Check Point Mobile Access, Check Point SandBlast Mobile.

Check Point Harmony Mobile Buyer's Guide

Download the Check Point Harmony Mobile Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Check Point Harmony Mobile Customers

Samsung Research America, Mississippi Office of the Secretary of State

Check Point Harmony Mobile Video

Archived Check Point Harmony Mobile Reviews (more than two years old)

Business Tranformation Project Manager at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
It's easy to use and durable but the interface should be more user-friendly
  • "The usability is the most valuable feature. It's really easy to use. It's a durable solution. I don't have any breaches. It is a good solution from that angle."
  • "The interface could be more user-friendly. They should improve the look and feel."

What is our primary use case?

We use the private cloud deployment model. We use AWS as our cloud provider. Our primary use case is for my users who are mobile. If I want them to connect from wherever they are and build connections to the emails. It's for my management that are usually very mobile.

What is most valuable?

The usability is the most valuable feature. It's really easy to use. It's a durable solution. I don't have any breaches. It is a good solution from that angle.

What needs improvement?

The interface could be more user-friendly. They should improve the look and feel.

I would like to see more meaningful logs in the next release. The way the system is now, it's pretty expensive.

I have been using this solution for three years.

I've not had an issue with this solution. There were issues when we did it first, there were a few problems with instability. People were not able to log in. But I think it's fine now because now, from a products point of view, it was the best solution.

I'm okay with the scalability. It's flexible enough. I currently have around 400 users. The users are primarily branch managers and top management of the bank.

We don't have any plans to increase the usage as of now.

Their technical support is good. We don't have any issues with them. Anytime we have a problem, they help us.

The deployment took around three months.

We used an integrator for the deployment. We used our partners for the integration and customization.

What other advice do I have?

We had initial problems because our requirements were not well defined. You should define your use case. You should also look into other options to see what else there is out there and what they offer.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Security Sales Engineer at BT Global Services
MSP
Easy deployment: We simply send a link through email to a user, they install the software and are protected
  • "The easy deployment is the key for us. I can simply send a link through email to a user, then they install the software and are protected."
  • "I would like to see more visibility into the actual devices that it's protecting. In some cases, you don't want to see a lot. However, for our purposes, I would like to see more information about the applications which are installed, then have more control over what can and what cannot be installed."

What is our primary use case?

We use SandBlast to protect our mobile devices, as well as our iPads and Samsung tablets.

How has it helped my organization?

We use SandBlast, internally, as a test bed so we can go out and sell it. The ease of the deployment to users has been key, and most beneficial for us.

What is most valuable?

The easy deployment is the key for us. I can simply send a link through email to a user, then they install the software and are protected.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see more visibility into the actual devices that it's protecting. In some cases, you don't want to see a lot. However, for our purposes, I would like to see more information about the applications which are installed, then have more control over what can and what cannot be installed. That would be very useful for us.

The GUI could be a bit more intuitive, as far as going from page to page and understanding what you're looking in the beginning. After you use it for a while, you get used it.

Three to five years.

We've had it deployed for about three years now. We have had no hiccups nor issues with it at all going down. Also, we have not experienced any difficulties with it protecting devices.

In terms of the scalability, we have not pushed the limits of the product yet. We only have around 20 users deployed at this time.

We deal directly with the Sales Engineers (SEs) for SandBlast. So, we're not a typical user where we are using technical support from Check Point. Therefore, we haven't used their technical support.

The initial setup was very straightforward, not complex at all. For us, it was simply sending out an email link to our users. They installed it from the App Store, and that's it.

Check Point deployed it for us. The experience was simple and easy. Check Point was helpful, as far as explaining the deployment and showing us how to use the software with the GUI.

I was the administrator of the deployment.

We didn't actually purchase the software. It was given to us by Check Point. We are using it as a test bed for possible future customers.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it a nine of ten because of the ease of installing it. Using it on a daily basis, the administration is quite easy.

I would advise someone considering SandBlast to have some definite use cases in mind before deploying it. That way you can deploy it very specifically towards what you are going to be using it for.

Learn what your peers think about Check Point Harmony Mobile. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
564,599 professionals have used our research since 2012.
In-Charge (IT Support) at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
Doesn't allow you to activate some applications until your mobile is malware free
  • "It doesn't allow you to activate some of the applications until your mobile is malware free. That way we come to know that the device secure and only then do we deploy the business application."
  • "It does the process in the background and it does a wonderful job but the methodologies don't pop up. They should make it more interactive."

What is our primary use case?

My primary use case for this solution is to integrate with mobile device management.

How has it helped my organization?

It doesn't allow you to activate some of the applications until your mobile is malware free. That way we come to know that the device is secure and only then do we deploy the business application.

What is most valuable?

The antimalware feature has been valuable.

What needs improvement?

Scalability is at quite a good level. We'll scale along with the product if we wish to grow.

The initial setup was quite simple.

We implemented through a system integrator.

Pricing is a little high.

What other advice do I have?

This is a must-go solution if you want mobile device security.