We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Brocade Ethernet Switches OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Brocade Ethernet Switches is #20 ranked solution in top Ethernet Switches. PeerSpot users give Brocade Ethernet Switches an average rating of 8 out of 10. Brocade Ethernet Switches is most commonly compared to Cisco Ethernet Switches: Brocade Ethernet Switches vs Cisco Ethernet Switches. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
What is Brocade Ethernet Switches?
From the world's first Ethernet fabric technology, to an open controller that eliminates vendor lock-in, to a switch stack that you can distribute throughout your campus, Brocade Ethernet Switches give you choices. Whether that means functionality, vendors, or even locations beyond the wiring closet, every option is secure, economical, and easily manageable.

Download the Ethernet Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Brocade Ethernet Switches Customers
Ajubeo, Akquinet AG, Big Data Analytics Provider Boligkontoret Danmark Bristol is Open, CDE Lightband, Cicero School District 99, City and County of San Francisco, Department of Emergency, City of Chattanooga, Cloudscale.sh
Brocade Ethernet Switches Video

Brocade Ethernet Switches Reviews

System Infrastructure Engineer at a university
Secure access to storage data; lacks a graphical interface
  • "There's a zone for each server and services in the storage."
  • "No graphical interface."

What is our primary use case?

I work as a system infrastructure engineer and our company is a customer of Brocade.

What is most valuable?

One of the valuable features of this solution is that it works with the concept of zoning. There's a zone for each server and there are services in the storage. When the link of a full port is failing, it automatically switches to another port so you don't lose the connection. That's pretty important for the high level of availability of the applications and the access to the storage data.

What needs improvement?

There are other solutions that are free and that enable you to check the access of the ports and the IU stats also. In this solution there isn't one for the switch that allows for checking the stats, the health of the ports and all the data that exist in the switch. It's just like CLI commands. This solution doesn't have a graphical interface and that's an issue.

As mentioned, a graphical interface should be included in any new release - it would increase options.

I've been using this solution for almost a year.

This is a very stable solution.

It's a scalable solution. You can use two switches as one, single switch in the fabric. You can add two and possibly three switches, so they can use it as if it was one switch.

I've had some contact with technical support relating to hardware failures, nothing serious and it didn't affect the production. I was satisfied with the support they provided. They were good.

What other advice do I have?

For storage it's a good solution, especially if you're working with e-paying solutions.

I would rate this solution a seven out of 10.

Senior Systems Security Specialist at a government with 51-200 employees
Provides good integration with HP solutions and ease of administration with smart zoning
  • "It has good integration with HPE Primera. They have smart zoning in which the administration is very easy. You don't have to do anything. Zoning and other things are done automatically if you just enable the smart zoning. That's one very good thing in HP."
  • "It should be simpler. There are still some things that can be simpler in the Brocade switches."

What is our primary use case?

It's actually a DC device. We are using storage in DC as well as in DR. Because we are a government organization, everything is on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It has good integration with HPE Primera. They have smart zoning in which the administration is very easy. You don't have to do anything. Zoning and other things are done automatically if you just enable the smart zoning. That's one very good thing in HP.

What needs improvement?

It should be simpler. There are still some things that can be simpler in the Brocade switches.

We have been using this solution for eight months.

We haven't faced any issues with stability and scalability.

We haven't contacted technical support. We didn't require any support from the technical side.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was not that complex. It's a one-day job for both DC and DR.

What other advice do I have?

I am okay with Cisco MDS switches as well as Brocade switches. I have also used Brocade switch in the old days when it was Dell EMC Clariion.

I would recommend Brocade Ethernet Switches for using with HP solutions. I don't know how they work with other storage solutions. We are using this solution with HPE Primera, and it's working fine. It's very good.

Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Cisco, Juniper and others in Ethernet Switches. Updated: January 2022.
565,689 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Gurunathan S
Senior Manager - IT Infra at Tatasky Broadband
Stable, straightforward to set up, and suitable for LAN and SAN purposes

What is our primary use case?

We use Brocade switches for our LAN and for our SAN.

What needs improvement?

These switches are no longer supported.

We have been using Brocade Ethernet Switches for five years.

I have not had any issues with our Brocade switches.

The initial setup was okay.

At the time we choose Brocade, we had evaluated switches by Cisco and Extreme Networks as well. We felt that Brocade was the best at that time.

What other advice do I have?

The VDX line of Brocade switches has been acquired by Extreme Networks and the ICX line has moved to another vendor. I would rate this solution an eight…

What is our primary use case?

We use Brocade switches for our LAN and for our SAN.

What needs improvement?

These switches are no longer supported.

We have been using Brocade Ethernet Switches for five years.

I have not had any issues with our Brocade switches.

The initial setup was okay.

Product Categories
Ethernet Switches
Download our free Ethernet Switches Report and find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, Cisco, Juniper, and more!