We changed our name from IT Central Station: Here's why

Boomi AtomSphere Integration OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is #6 ranked solution in top Integration Platform as a Service providers. PeerSpot users give Boomi AtomSphere Integration an average rating of 8 out of 10. Boomi AtomSphere Integration is most commonly compared to Oracle Integration Cloud Service: Boomi AtomSphere Integration vs Oracle Integration Cloud Service. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 33% of all views.
What is Boomi AtomSphere Integration?

The Boomi AtomSphere integration platform as a service (iPaaS) supports all your application integration processes – between cloud platforms, software-as-a-service applications, and on-premises systems. Your entire team has online access to a powerful range of integration and data management capabilities, that can be realized in a fraction of the time of legacy middleware technologies.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration was previously known as Boomi.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Buyer's Guide

Download the Boomi AtomSphere Integration Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2022

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Customers

DocuSign Inc., Innotas, Certent, Renesas Electronics America (REA), Kelly-Moore Paints, Mindjet, City of McKinney, Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers (RBA), Daylight Transport, A10 Networks

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Video

Boomi AtomSphere Integration Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Boomi AtomSphere Integration pricing:
  • "The cost of the solution is in the neighborhood of $20,000 annually. There are no costs above the standard licensing fee."
  • "When it comes to pricing, it's not so much about being less expensive as it is about how they don't tie to the hardware on the underlined VMware that you run on, as other vendors do"
  • Boomi AtomSphere Integration Reviews

CTO at a healthcare company with 51-200 employees
    A good integration tool that is stable, but has a complex initial setup
    • "I have found the solution to be scalable."
    • "The product could be a little bit more user-friendly."

What is our primary use case?

I integrate Salesforce and some other third-party cloud platforms including payroll and stuff like that. I'm pushing data and making updates.

What is most valuable?

The solution is an integration tool. Based on changes in one place, I'm pushing out integration to other places to make updates, et cetera. Overall, it is a robust platform.

I have found the solution to be scalable.

The stability is very good.

What needs improvement?

The product could be a little bit more user-friendly.

The company needs to offer better documentation.

The initial setup is complex. It is what it is. You have to deal with it.

There's something missing with Salesforce platform events that they supposedly support, however, it doesn't work well with their cloud platform. It would be nice if they would get that working normally. They say they support it, and yet, it just fires multiple times. It's not reliable. You can't use it.

I've been using the solution for about two years at this point.

The solution is quite stable. I don't deal with bugs or glitches. It doesn't crash or freeze. It's reliable.

The scalability capabilities are pretty good.

There aren't a lot of users that have access to the product directly. The solution is really cordoned off, meaning it's working based off of changes in the system. Everybody's using the system and making changes, and then the integration kick gets kicked off. Working on the platform, making changes, that's very minimal work and that's just me and someone else.

Currently, we're on a pretty steady path. I can't speak to if there are plans to increase usage.

I worked with people from their technical support on the initial onboarding. It's reasonable in terms of the amount of service they offer.

I did not previously use a different solution.

The initial setup is very complex. It's not simple or straightforward.

I can't speak to how long deployment took, as it was handled by a third party.

There is just me and one other person that handles the maintenance aspect of the product.

I use third-party people to get me set up and build-out, and that's what I continue to do. These third parties aren't resellers. They are freelancers.

The ROI flows. The integration is working. Our systems are able to talk to each other.

The cost of the solution is in the neighborhood of $20,000 annually. There are no costs above the standard licensing fee.

I did look at a few other options before choosing this product. I looked at Workado and Jitterbit.

What other advice do I have?

I'm just a customer and an end-user.

I would advise potential new users that they need to have some deep expertise on the Boomi platform to be able to successfully do what they want to do with it.

Out of ten, I'd rate the solution at a seven. It does the job well and it's robust, however, it is needlessly overcomplicated, and the documentation could be better.

Other
    Chief Technology Officer - CTO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
    Multiple connectors and good stability for demo version
    • "The solution has a lot of connectors, which is quite helpful."
    • "The solution is complex. There's a few items and features that are hard to understand. They should work to simplify the functionality so new users don't struggle."

What is our primary use case?

Currently, we are using the solution primarily for testing purposes. I am just experimenting with some areas. I integrate my Google account with my local account and take some data from my local to my Google drive. That's just for me to test things right now. For our customers, they have SAP systems, Oracle systems, CRM systems, etc., and all of these systems are operating with some technical assistance. They will need to transfer the data to their Datalink or data warehouse. For that, they need some integration to make it happen online. This is true for a variety of users on their systems and something that we're working on now.

What is most valuable?

The solution has a lot of connectors, which is quite helpful.

What needs improvement?

It would be helpful if the solution offered some videos for novice settings. Boomi, as a solution, is quite complex for a new user. They need some videos for client implementation for new users. This is needed especially for how users can create connectors and how they can effectively implement the system.

I haven't found any features lacking, so I'm unsure as to if anything is missing or if anything new could accentuate the current offering.

We're currently in the testig process. We're not using the solution. We've been testing it for more than two months.

In terms of stability, it's working well, so it's been nice. It has lots of connectors, and that is good for my purposes. I haven't come across any bugs, glitches, or crashes that would make me concerned about the level of stability provided.

I'm not sure about the scalability of the solution. I tested it in my own environment and did not test scaling.

We haven't contected technical support yet. Currently, I'm speaking with the team at Deel EMC who have helped me here in Turkey, so I haven't needed to contact technical support.

I didn't handle the initial setup. I'm unsure as to if it was complex or straightforward. I'm currently using an installed version.

Since we're in the testing phase, we're using a demo version of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

We're a partner with Dell EMC.

We use the on-premises solution because of storage. In Turkey, the cloud is not available for the most part. Our customers are specifically finance organizations, and they are not allowed to use the cloud, due to country-wide regulations. Most of our implementations are on-premises.

We're using the latest version to test in other environments. It's been good so far.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten. For what I've seen in the live environment, it's good. However, I'm reserving a few points to see how it goes as I learn the system.

Learn what your peers think about Boomi AtomSphere Integration. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2022.
    563,208 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Technical Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good data integration, reporting, and facilitates working with big data
    • "We work on the flow between systems and the most valuable features for that purpose are the mapping of data, interface mapping, and data integration."
    • "We would like to see more involvement between Dell Boomi and the end-users to help improve the customer experience."

What is our primary use case?

We are the most popular Dell Boomi integrator in the world and the first integrator for this solution in Japan. The primary use case is to act as middleware between legacy systems and cloud-based systems. For example, it will integrate legacy systems with products like Salesforce and SAP for both master data and transactional data.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers are happy because this solution improves both their functional and business areas. This is something that is very important to them.

What is most valuable?

We work on the flow between systems and the most valuable features for that purpose are the mapping of data, interface mapping, and data integration.

This solution can be used to interface with Hadoop to assist when working with big data.

Boomi AtomSphere can help customers to develop a PoC without having to set up an on-premises server.

The reporting is very good.

The Boomi Suggest feature is very important because it provides you with information about the experience that other customers have had and it can help with simulating processes, based on a large knowledge base.

What needs improvement?

I have been working with Dell Boomi AtomSphere for more than five years.

Although stability depends more on the team than it does the product itself, I would say that this solution is very stable.

This is a scalable solution that is used by very large companies.

Our relationship with Dell Boomi technical support is very good and we go to them when needed. However, we have a lot of experience and we typically provide solutions to customers without having to request assistance.

The clients in Japan who need to contact technical support directly are directed to the Australia support office.

The initial setup is generally very complex because, in a large company, you can't find anybody that has a global view of both business and technology. This means that you end up speaking with people on the business side, and they are not as familiar with IT. Ultimately, this makes it more difficult to create a PoC.

If the proof of concept is quickly deployed then the customers are generally impressed by the facility and the features that it provides. The length of time for deployment depends on having a good understanding of both the business and of the stakeholders during the proof of concept.

What other advice do I have?

This solution is made for large companies. Smaller organizations don't use these kinds of middleware applications because AtomSphere is used to integrate between large products like SAP and Salesforce.

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to have a very good FDD. The functional description of the business processes should be very well described before starting this kind of project.

Overall, this is a very good product.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Integration Solution & Platform Specialist at a manufacturing company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Highly scalable, simple to install, and reasonably priced
    • "Low-code development is the most valuable feature."
    • "They are lacking in some streaming features, and messaging features from a listener's point of view."

What is most valuable?

Low-code development is the most valuable feature.

What needs improvement?

They have progressed from an ESP architecture, but they have not fully embraced all API design first methodologies. As a result, some features in those areas, such as API management, API gateway, API development, and API dashboards, are missing, but they are still a new product.

Better documentation and more know-how knowledge would be appreciated. When it comes to technical support and designing, they don't have that growth rate.

I have been using Boomi AtomSphere Integration for approximately four years.

With the iPaaS integration, we are always using the latest version.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is a stable product.

We experience a few issues but managed to get them stabilized.

The Boomi AtomSphere Integration is highly scalable.

We have 10 to 15 developers who use this solution, and it is used in over 200 applications.

We have plans to expand in the future.

I believe they still have a long way to go before they can compete with the other products. They're quite helpful in support, but because the product releases so many bug fixes or port releases each month, some of them don't get tested or have issues, and the support team isn't aware of it. So we have to be very involved with them, but they are working hard to improve.

I've used.NET Web Services, Webmethods, and MuleSoft.

They have some advantages and disadvantages, but Boomi AtomSphere Integration stands out and outperforms the other products in terms of licensing and scalability.

From a licensing perspective, especially if you are on-premises, and then the cloud.

From a feature perspective obviously, MuleSoft and others have a bigger issue.

The initial setup was easy.

It took a couple of hours to install.

When it comes to pricing, it's not so much about being less expensive as it is about how they don't tie to the hardware on the underlined VMware that you run on, as other vendors do. It's one of the reasons you're able to grow.

What other advice do I have?

Before you choose a product, understand your integration and API design requirements, as well as the feature capabilities that are required.

I would rate Boomi AtomSphere Integration an eight out of ten.

Head of Integration and NetSuite DUs at a outsourcing company with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    A promising low-code and high-configuration platform that provides value for money
    • "It is a low-code and high-configuration platform, which is very valuable. Develop once and run anywhere is another useful feature. It also has connectors for more than 200 applications. It provides value for money. Our customers who have implemented this solution have a very high ROI."
    • "They need to introduce more configurable functions to remove scripting or coding. Scripting should be minimized. It should have exhaustive functions. Currently, it lacks in this aspect."

What is our primary use case?

On the enterprise side, lead to cash, order to procurement, procure to pay, and trouble to resolve are the use cases that we automate very rapidly by using Boomi AtomSphere Integration. On the operational side, it can be very well utilized for industrial IOP. IIOP related use cases are proactive maintenance.

Boomi platform is always on the cloud, but the deployment could be on-premises. The code that we develop can be on the cloud or on-premises.

What is most valuable?

It is a low-code and high-configuration platform, which is very valuable. Develop once and run anywhere is another useful feature. It also has connectors for more than 200 applications.

What needs improvement?

I have been using this solution for almost two years.

It is quite stable. Boomi claims 99.99% availability, and this is true.

Technical support is excellent. They are quite prompt. They have free of cost as well as paid support.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It is a one-click process. It usually takes 15 to 20 minutes. It will take a maximum of 30 minutes.

We implemented it ourselves. It is a complete self-service. You don't need any help.

The number of people required for its deployment and maintenance depends on the complexity and size of the project. For example, for the integration of Salesforce with Netflix for the lead to cash use case, you need a maximum of two resources for three weeks.

What other advice do I have?

We will keep on implementing this solution in the future. I would definitely recommend this solution. It is a very promising product.

I would rate Boomi AtomSphere Integration a nine out of ten.

Private Cloud
    Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
    A low-code solution that could benefit from more scripting possibilities

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as normal middleware — for transformation routing. We have around 20-100 clients that use this solution.

What needs improvement?

There should be more scripting possibilities. Boomi is essentially low-code/no-code — it's very graphically oriented. If you wish to maintain it, then you'll require more scripting language.

I have been using Boomi AtomSphere Integration for roughly three years.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is stable.

We have a tight relationship with Boomi. We get support from Boomi then pass it on to our clients. The support they provide us with is very good.

How was

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as normal middleware — for transformation routing.

We have around 20-100 clients that use this solution.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Boomi AtomSphere Integration for roughly three years.

Boomi AtomSphere Integration is stable.

Boomi is a cloud offering. You just need a subscription and you're ready to go.

What other advice do I have?

I would absolutely recommend this solution. Furthermore, I would recommend using DXC as your provider. Overall, on a scale from one to ten, I would give Boomi AtomSphere Integration a rating of seven.

Download our free Boomi AtomSphere Integration Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.