Coming October 25: PeerSpot Awards will be announced! Learn more

Avantra OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Avantra is #1 ranked solution in top SAP Service Providers, #17 ranked solution in top Server Monitoring tools, #40 ranked solution in APM tools, and #43 ranked solution in Infrastructure Monitoring tools. PeerSpot users give Avantra an average rating of 7.0 out of 10. Avantra is most commonly compared to IntelliCorp LiveCompare: Avantra vs IntelliCorp LiveCompare. Avantra is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 65% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 27% of all views.
What is Avantra?

Avantra is a highly-regarded next-generation AI operations platform for SAP automation operation processes. Avantra enables enterprise organizations to become self-healing organizations, fully able to process their complex operating systems more efficiently and productively. With Avantra, SAP clients will improve performance and compliance, redirect critical resources to enhance digital transformation, and reduce operational costs, thereby improving the overall business experience.

Avantra offers robust integrated operations for on-premises, cloud, hybrid, and SaaS options for both Build and Run operations. Avantra is a recognized, trusted solution that is used worldwide for both enterprise organizations and managed service providers (MSPs). Users can expect to consistently benefit from Avantra’s valuable intuitive processes and unrivaled intelligence to ensure their organization is able to maintain its landscape health while significantly reducing overall operational costs.

Avantra Benefits

• Start/stop automation: Avantra provides unmatched comprehensive visibility of the organization's SAP processes, enabling robust KPI and performance-based cloud scaling. Avantra issues swift automated direction about when to start/stop a SAP system process and when it's best to scale out or in.

• Monitoring automation: Benefiting from more than 160 plug-and-play SAP process checks results in no additional lengthy projects or consultancy fees. Avantra is cost-effective immediately. Avantra provides intuitively customized research and auto-deploy proficiencies that allow organizations to meet their most demanding and distinctive monitoring demands. Immediately upon deployment, Avantra automatically identifies the specific SAP system components, version, and type.

• Best practice automation: Avantra consistently uses the latest industry-recognized best practice monitoring processes for Basis monitoring audits and thresholds throughout the entire full stack and all SAP systems.

• System hardening: Avantra’s intuitive notification and system hardening process allows users to specify who receives unauthorized system notifications immediately. Should the alert not be addressed in a timely manner, Avantra will re-flag the issue.

• Fast, easy installation: Avantra can be installed and deployed in one day. The setup is straightforward, and there are no long-term commitments or excessive licensing costs. This makes Avantra very cost-effective and allows organizations to experience an almost immediate ROI.

Avantra Features

• Intuitive dashboards: Avantra offers fully customizable dashboards available to all stakeholders throughout the organization. Top-level executives receive full transparency regarding the entire fitness and health of the organization. Other users, IT staff, and team members have access to all the data they need to ensure the organization is running efficiently and productively.

• Cloud integrations: Avantra provides seamless integrations with Alibaba Cloud, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and more, all with a very easy setup process. Avantra also has the ability to automate, monitor, and manage a complete range of SAP SaaS solutions, as well as third-party non-SAP SaaS web services and applications.

• SAP ecosystem: Avantra simplifies the SAP monitoring process by monitoring, managing, and automating every process of an organization's SAP ecosystem, including SAP and non–SAP applications, third-party applications, web servers, databases, and SaaS solutions. Everything is streamlined into one easy-to-use tool.

• ServiceNow integration: Avantra provides certified immediate integration with ServiceNow. This allows for enhancement of CMDB with SAP-specific data, and the capability of quickly triggering Avantra automations for immediate resolution of issues. Avantra also provides ServiceNow unique ITSM and ITOM integrations and many seamless integrations with today’s popular ITSM solutions via RESTful APIs.

Avantra Customers

Migros, Strauss, Migros, LAM research, Deloitte, Deloitte, Kiewit

Avantra Video

Avantra Reviews

Mani Velayudhan - PeerSpot reviewer
SAP Basis Manager at a manufacturing company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Can be fine-tuned as required, provides real-time data but lacks sufficient machine learning capability
  • "You can customize alerts based on need."
  • "The machine-learning is lacking and should be improved."

What is our primary use case?

We use Avantra primarily for monitoring the scans and performance. We also use it to get a daily check report on the health of the system, transportation numbers, queues, and the like. We also use the dashboard to check on our ticket systems and SAP systems' status. I'm a manager for basis administration and we are customers of Avantra.

What is most valuable?

I like that we're able to customize alerts based on need. If you have to go against the out-of-box solution and have it fine-tuned for a specific landscape, it's possible. Management loves the dashboards because they provide real-time data. HANA monitors data from production to the disaster recovery system where everything is captured. All these features come in very handy. I can always see it live because the dashboard is also on my mobile. There is a refresh automation script that they have recently introduced in the enterprise version and I'm really interested to see what Avantra is providing there and how the interface will look.

What needs improvement?

In terms of machine learning, there are a few areas that can be improved including short terms in the SAP system. Currently, it requires a team member to manually read the short term and then assign it to a team rather than having it assigned automatically. A downside of Avantra is that it comes with predefined values. Another issue is that identical recurring problems create duplicate tickets rather than showing them as repeats. They also need to do some kernel updates which I believe they're working on but I haven't seen it yet; I'm hoping the solution will be completely automated. I would like to see more on the machine-learning front and to have some third-party tools.

I've been using this solution for two years.

We have a great team and the solution is stable.

The solution provides good scalability and we have high availability clusters.

I'm very happy with the customer support. We have a weekly call with an Avantra technical person. We tell them if there are any issues and where we'd like to see improvement. They do a great job providing quick fixes and alerting us when they think we need to move to the next version. With some other companies, you need to create a very high alert to just get a response in a couple of hours.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Positive

The setup is pretty simple. When we initially installed, we had more than 500 incidents. But as I fine-tuned it the number of tickets decreased significantly. It's important to fine-tune your system despite the setup being easy.

Capacity utilization is very, very important to us and this tool really helps us with that, including on the AWS servers as well.

Licensing is based on your SAP instance which I believe costs around $150 per piece with the cost of the server on top of that. Customer support is included with the license fee.

I tried a couple of other tools before we decided to go with Avantra, one of them was Solution Manager. I was looking specifically for an application-related monitoring tool, especially on the HANA database. The initial setup of Solution Manager takes a lot of time whereas deploying Avantra is quick and simple but you need to continuously work on fine-tuning the solution so that it really gives you the output you want.

We were able to get a package from Avantra which included everything we needed in a single tool. They came to the company and gave us a half-day session with a demo of what the solution does.

What other advice do I have?

I definitely recommend this solution, it provides good value for money. You don't see the benefits immediately, it requires fine-tuning the tool, adjusting your SAP system and spending the time to get the benefits. You need to be proactive.

I rate this solution seven out of 10.

Private Cloud

Amazon Web Services (AWS)