IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Aruba Switches OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Aruba Switches is #2 ranked solution in top Ethernet Switches. PeerSpot users give Aruba Switches an average rating of 8 out of 10. Aruba Switches is most commonly compared to Cisco Ethernet Switches: Aruba Switches vs Cisco Ethernet Switches. Aruba Switches is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 48% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a comms service provider, accounting for 25% of all views.
Aruba Switches Buyer's Guide

Download the Aruba Switches Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2022

What is Aruba Switches?

Aruba Switches is a network creation solution that enables users to easily manage every aspect of their networks.

Benefits of Aruba Switches

Some of the benefits of using Aruba switches include:

• Easily access and manage every aspect of your networks. Aruba Switches give users a way to control their networks from a centralized location. The simplified control center can be accessed through both the cloud and on-premises devices. Intuitively view and manage every portion of your networks. You will be able to both analyze and control every device and client in the network while at the same time conserving resources for the areas of greatest concern.
  • Troubleshoot and upgrade your networks quickly and efficiently. Aruba Switches give users network visibility in real-time. It combines this with powerful analytics software that allow for the prediction, prevention, and resolution of issues. This allows administrators to act before their systems suffer serious harm. Additionally, Aruba Switches allow systems to maintain a high level of performance even during upgrading.
  • Automatically enact uniform system-wide changes. Aruba Switches gives users the ability to set their systems to automatically reconfigure when changes are necessary. Users are empowered to ensure that their systems run smoothly without worrying that there are parts of their network that are out of sync, reserving manpower and time for more pressing needs.

Reviews from Real Users

Aruba Switches are cutting-edge network creation tools that stand out among their competitors for a number of reasons. Two major ones are the warranty that guarantees them and the intuitive way in which they are designed. Aruba Switches are protected by lifetime warranties. If a switch malfunctions or is rendered inoperable, it can be quickly replaced. If the line of switches are still available, HPE will send the user the necessary replacement. Aruba Switches are built to be intuitive for users to customize and manipulate. This allows users to make full use of the solution without requiring them to devote a significant level of resources to training.

The head of technical support at a real estate law firm writes, “One valuable feature about HP is the warranty. All switches are very similar when it comes to most functionalities. Most switches provide a one-year warranty, but with HPE switches, if there's a unit that malfunctions, we call them and they replace it the next business day if that line is still available. We had a switch we reported the other day, it was a 25-10, which we procured way back, around 2014, and they replaced it. In general, HP provides a lot of support for its products. We will be doing some tinkering on the VLAN soon, first the layer two, and then connecting the layer three functionalities for some other departments. The advantage of Aruba compared to other switches is their reliability. If the product is trustworthy, I'll continue to use it.”

A network systems engineer at a financial services firm writes, “Their technical support is great. I have used Cisco products, and as compared to Cisco, Aruba's command-line syntax is not as complex. The command-line interface of Aruba switches is quite intuitive. It also has a graphical user interface. With Cisco, using the graphical user interface for configuration can be complex, whereas Aruba simplifies it, and you can easily use the graphical user interface. The configuration is secured. Their graphical user interface is quite robust.”

Aruba Switches was previously known as 8400 Series, 8320 Series, 5400R Series, 3810 Series, 2930M Series, 2930F Series, 2920 Series, 2540 Series, 2530 Series .

Aruba Switches Customers

Purdue University

Aruba Switches Video

Aruba Switches Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Aruba Switches pricing:
  • "I am paying for the hardware and Aruba Central licenses, but I would like a version of Aruba Central to come out with a light version with a few features turned off. Ubiquiti and other vendors have free tools. I believe they're looking at that, but it's not out yet. I hope they will release that to make it competitive because I'm using an enterprise-class switch for small businesses. We're looking for some of those capabilities, but not all of them."
  • "The price point was a big consideration for us and it is reasonable enough that we're able to standardize on Aruba for the networking pieces in our organization."
  • "Aruba Switches are cost-effective."
  • "Comparing with Cisco, and some other solutions, it's a cheap product."
  • "I don't know the exact cost of the licensing, but based on what I have heard from my sales team, Aruba is affordable. Aruba switches are cheaper than the switches from Cisco and other vendors."
  • Aruba Switches Reviews

Michael-Sugg - PeerSpot reviewer
    CEO at Sovereign Managed Services
    As a managed service provider, it's important to have a solution that can manage everything from one console
    • "I like the Aruba Central platform. It makes a lot of sense. The switches have a lot of great capabilities. Central can lockdown VLANs and control the apps and protocols. There are several built-in security features that I'm not utilizing. However, those capabilities are part of the reason I'm using enterprise switches in a small office. I like knowing that I can do these things when necessary."
    • "There are some growing pains with Aruba Central. When you first launch the wireless access points or switches, a lot of updates are needed to get Aruba Central ready, especially on the access points, so the initial deployment time could improve. I would hope that I could just turn it on and leave the updates until later on. The switches themselves probably did okay. I'm primarily referring to the wireless access points. There was a lot of back and forth before everything was in sync. It took hours."

What is our primary use case?

The Aruba switch is supporting a doctor's office, so it's an on-premise switch. These particular switches provide the fundamental network for the entire office, including power over ethernet for the security cameras and wireless access points. The solution also provides network switching between databases and clients. I manage the switches using the Aruba Central public cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

Aruba gives me greater network visibility compared to an unmanaged solution. I mostly use unmanaged switches at other locations and offices.

What is most valuable?

I like the Aruba Central platform. It makes a lot of sense. The switches have a lot of great capabilities. Central can lockdown VLANs and control the apps and protocols.  There are several built-in security features that I'm not utilizing. However, those capabilities are part of the reason I'm using enterprise switches in a small office. I like knowing that I can do these things when necessary.

What needs improvement?

There are some growing pains with Aruba Central. When you first launch the wireless access points or switches, a lot of updates are needed to get Aruba Central ready, especially on the access points, so the initial deployment time could improve.  I would hope that I could just turn it on and leave the updates until later on. The switches themselves probably did okay. I'm primarily referring to the wireless access points. There was a lot of back and forth before everything was in sync. It took hours.  I can't think of any missing features, but it would be nice if there were a free version of Aruba Central for my small business clients that doesn't have as many features.
    Aruba Switches
    July 2022
    Learn what your peers think about Aruba Switches. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2022.
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.

I got one switch a while back and was using it in a lab situation to play around with it a little bit. I wasn't utilizing it a whole lot. It was more like, "Hey, how do you configure this? How does it work?" In the last couple of weeks, I added a second 6200 S switch and threw it into an actual production environment where it's being utilized.

The scalability is fine. I've got two 6200 24-port switches, so 48 ports total. I Aruba switches are capable of putting trunk groups in between. It's a chiropractic office, so we've got 32 network tables all plugged in between servers and all of the devices, and then there are all the computers hanging on the walls and stuff like that.  However, in reality, it's typically only four people working at the office at any given time, but they run around from room to room using x-rays, computers, and all that other stuff, so there are a lot of different devices. In total, there are 32 ethernet cables plugged into these two switches. Some people define a user as a person typing on the keyboard, but In a chiropractic office, you have customers who walk into the adjusting room and scan their little cards. Meanwhile, the doctor kind of walks from room to room. It's really only one doctor. We'll be bringing additional computers online over the next couple of years as they ramp up that office, so there will be increased utilization of the switches even inside that office. I will also be adding switches for each of my clients. I mean as I'm going in and taking over managed service provider relationships with these clients, I'll be looking at putting those same switches, so I have complete visibility.

I rate Aruba support six out of 10. Like many vendors, Aruba is dealing with staffing shortages or other things. Once you get somebody on the line, they're usually pretty good. It's just a matter of getting to the correct person and the time it takes to respond.  I'm not trying to bash Aruba because they're not the only ones having this problem with tiered support. It's crucial to learn the equipment, so you can hopefully do most of the maintenance and troubleshooting yourself.

How would you rate customer service and support?

Neutral

My other clients have unmanaged Netgear switches, but it's apples to oranges. They may be switches, but they're not in the same class. It's a home network switch versus an enterprise network switch.

Deploying the switches itself wasn't that complex. You can make it complex depending on what you want to do. You can implement VLANs and do all sorts of wonderful things, but for this particular implementation, I didn't really need that level of complexity. It took about an hour to take the switches out of the box and onboard the devices on Aruba Central. They work out of the box even without Aruba Central. You can take them out, turn them on, plug them in, and they will function as a basic unmanaged switch. There's not a whole lot that you have to do for it.

I do all of my own stuff. I'm a solo managed service provider.

The return on investment for me in these switches will come when we start facing network challenges. Some of the applications at this doctor's office rely on old file-based databases. When they start having problems with the application, and the vendor starts saying that's a network problem, that's when I'll get my real return on investment.  I can pull up the Aruba Central platform and say, "Nope, it's not a network problem, and here's why. You're getting no gig speed. There are no errors on any of the ports or failed packets." Having all that visibility is where the true return on investment is going to come. It's preparing for those types of debates. I'm tired of people blaming the networks. It may be. It could be a configuration or something else, but it's something else most of the time.

I am paying for the hardware and Aruba Central licenses, but I would like a version of Aruba Central to come out with a light version with a few features turned off. Ubiquiti and other vendors have free tools. I believe they're looking at that, but it's not out yet. I hope they will release that to make it competitive because I'm using an enterprise-class switch for small businesses. We're looking for some of those capabilities, but not all of them.  Aruba has its Soho class switches, which are instant-on platforms. However, with the instant-on platform, you need to manage everything with individual clouds instead of bringing all of them under one console.  There's an annual license fee for the Aruba Central cloud management platform for each Aruba device. You don't need licenses for the hardware and other support, but if you don't pay for the Aruba Central license, you will not get firmware updates or technical support. You have to have those at least for probably several years. When you reach a point where you're managing 100-150 devices in a small business, you suddenly need multiple layers of switches, and then you have to get into campus networks, trunk groups, VLANs, etc. Then, you need segmentation between different levels.  You have to utilize those additional capabilities and features more than you would for a dozen or so computers. You typically aren't going to create a bunch of VLANs, trunk groups, and multiple switches for a dozen computers. It doesn't make sense. I think under 250 people would technically be classified as a small business. However, when I say "small business," I mean 10-20 people physically working at a building. Still, the price is reasonable. I'd rate Aruba eight out of 10 for affordability. As a managed service provider,  I also have access to discounts that help me manage costs better. As I own all the switches, so I keep adding people to the switches I own. Aruba has been good about providing a managed service provider discount to make it competitive. If they didn't, it would be kind of hard to justify spending $4,000 on these switches for a tiny business like a doctor's office.

I looked at Ubiquiti, Cisco, and some other solutions, but I have a friend who works for Aruba. I opted to go with Aruba after chatting with him about where it's positioned in the market. Aruba seems to be a leader, especially in wireless access points and some of the newer capabilities and features.  I was looking for network switches that could be managed with the same wireless access points in one console, so that gave it to me with Aruba. Some people are fine with having one console for switches and another for wireless access points. As a solo managed service provider, I'm all about simplicity, so I was really looking for one solution that would handle both.

What other advice do I have?

I rate Aruba Switches nine out of 10. If you're deploying these types of switches, I encourage people to utilize some type of cloud-based management console. If you don't use Aruba, make sure whatever you use has cloud management to give you visibility into what's going on in terms of configuration, errors, etc.
    Security & Infrastructure Architect at a consumer goods company with 51-200 employees
    Reasonably-priced and easy to manage from a central location
    • "All of the networking products that we use are Aruba, so we use Aruba Central to manage them."
    • "It would be good if I could get a 24-port, 10 gig module."

What is our primary use case?

The 5400 series is a modular chassis-based switch and it allows us to buy parts for different needs, such as 10 gigs, or a one gig ethernet over copper for workstations. It's really our core switch and we actually have a couple of different models.

That's in our headquarters, and then we have some other sites that use Aruba. I think they're the 2600 series or 2700 series, the smaller, modular ones, and stackable ones. Not the chassis-based.

How has it helped my organization?

When I first started two years ago, we didn't have these centralized modular switches and we had a bunch of stackable switches and there were many loops in the network.

We had different brands too. HP, Cisco, Linksys, Aruba, we had NETGEAR. There was not a common type of interface. We had network issues almost weekly.

We were able to get it organized and centrally managed, with a spanning tree to detect loops and more.

What is most valuable?

All of the networking products that we use are Aruba, so we use Aruba Central to manage them. This gives us a single place to look at land switches, wireless switches, and switches in other offices. It makes management a little easier.

It's the same type CLI commands to manage these.

What needs improvement?

There are many options with the modular switch and you buy cards for it. If you want 48 ports of one gig, you can buy a card for that, but more options would be better.

Right now, there's only eight, an eight-port, 10 gig module and sometimes we need a little denser than eight ports. It would be good if I could get a 24-port, 10 gig module.

We have been using Aruba Switches for two years.

The Aruba Switches are very stable. We keep it up to date.

We update the firmware and software annually, as needed. We haven't had any issues. They are relatively new.

Aruba Switches scale well, because of the modularity of it and to be able to buy different modules and interchange modules. We have a pair of them and they are linked together with 40 gig connections, so all of the cards are interchangeable between the two switches and some of that is just by design.

These are the core switches in our organization and everybody in the office uses them. This includes our remote offices. Everybody passes data through them, albeit this is somewhat less at the moment because of the COVID quarantine.

I have not had to contact technical support.

We had a mix of modular switches at this company. We had some HP, Cisco, NETGEAR, and Linksys. We looked at the switches that can provide us the port density that we needed, in one or two chassis-type units, and was also affordable.

The initial setup is straightforward.

The price point was a big consideration for us and it is reasonable enough that we're able to standardize on Aruba for the networking pieces in our organization. This also includes Wi-Fi and access points.

Generally speaking, the price is good.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good, solid tool. It doesn't do anything fancy but it does what we need it to do. We don't do any routing through it. We have other routers to do all of that work. Again, the modular flexibility was a big attraction for us.

I've used Switches forever, so I knew what to expect. There was no installation really needed. We knew how to set up VLAN and set up the interfaces. We're happy with it.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.

Aruba Switches
    July 2022
    610,518 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Team leader technical support at a manufacturing company with 201-500 employees
    Provides plenty of options for automation and programming, a way forward for networking as a whole
    • "The solution has great open architecture."
    • "It's a little less convenient for more simplified management needs."

What is our primary use case?

We had a need to implement a distributed data center, split over two different sites, which were still more or less in each other's vicinity, less than a kilometer apart. The Aruba CX line products was one of the candidates in review and it was deemed the most logical choice We are customers of Aruba and I'm the team leader of technical support.

What is most valuable?

What I like about the product is its open architecture, the API based line of thought, so to speak. There are plenty of options and possibilities for automation and programming. We see that as a way forward for networking as a whole. These are data center switches and it provides a good use case for programming and the like.

What needs improvement?

The solution is a little less convenient for more simplified management needs. It doesn't use a traditional, classical user interface for small changes. For monitoring, it's fine, but for small changes, less so. It means that our staff who have a less technical background are not able to help out with minor changes - the environment is less suitable for them.

I do think the graphical user interface for small changes could use some more love, so to speak. But let me reiterate that it's only required for staff that is less knowledgeable. For larger rollouts, larger deployment, everything ought to be API and program based. And in that department, the environment is quite sufficient.

I've been using this solution for a couple of months.

The stability is great.

The scalability is great.

We're very happy with the technical support, they're doing a great job.

We switched to this product because the previous solution had reached its end of support and end of life.

The initial setup had some complexity to it. Implementation took about two or three months, but that was right at the top of the COVID-19 breakout here in the Netherlands. So we had quite a bit of a setback due to that. If it wasn't like that, it might've taken less time. Our network partner carried out the deployment - they did a great job. In normal times, we'd have between 500-600 users, but for now there are about 300 using the solution. Maintenance is not an issue. We don't have plans to increase usage for now. Our on-premise deployment has suffered a lot due to the COVID-19 outbreak so we have less customers on premises which means that for now there's no further deployment necessary.

We looked at the Cisco option, but since we already had Aruba wireless and we had virtually no Cisco products in our environments, we went for Aruba.

What other advice do I have?

If you start using these products, then it's a good idea to check whether the product that you're going to use is in the same management fabric. We use a slightly different hardware architecture for the access switches, the 2930f environment, and that uses a different management layer. So if I was to think about it again, I would try to see if it's possible to get the whole environment within the same management fabric. By doing that you ease up on a lot of the manageability issues.

I would rate this solution a nine out of 10.

SunilNair - PeerSpot reviewer
    Director of Information Technology at Al Falah University
    A cost-effective networking switch that is easy to maintain and configure to your requirements
    • "I like the number of available throughputs and its ability to have different speeds of ethernet cards or fiber-optic SFPs. It's a core switch, and you can configure it as per your requirements. All the configuration details are well documented on the HP website or Aruba website, and one can easily refer to those and find all the relevant commands from the documentation itself. It's also easy to maintain this solution. It's also cheaper than competing products."
    • "I don't think there is much to improve. I have seen that Aruba releases the patches on time, and it keeps upgrading the firmware. I have configured this device on an active basis. I don't think I have any bad reviews about the device's overall performance. In the next release, I would like Aruba to incorporate wireless controllers and build them into the chassis.If we can integrate a wireless module, we can have a segment dedicated to wireless infrastructure."

What is our primary use case?

We got Aruba Switches when we wanted something very redundant. I have two core switches, and both of them are configured for fault tolerance. If one fails, the other one will be able to sustain the load of the network.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, we had a 1G switch. Now that we have upgraded to Aruba, the infrastructure is on 10G. The throughput has definitely increased, and many people were able to realize the speed of the internet and data sharing immediately.

What is most valuable?

I like the number of available throughputs and its ability to have different speeds of ethernet cards or fiber-optic SFPs. It's a core switch, and you can configure it as per your requirements.

What needs improvement?

I have been using Aruba Switches for nearly three or four years.

Aruba Switches stable. Until now, I haven't had a chance to restart the device. It's pretty stable and working well.

Aruba Switches are scalable. The device that I procured is a six-day device. In these six days, you can probably populate any number of ethernet ports or SFP plus ports, or any kind of interface.

It was okay as we had the help of an experienced external team. It took us almost two days to implement this solution. We have two technicians maintaining this solution.

I had an experienced team from outside who got the contract for configuring it. It was a team effort, a team from outside and my own IT department team. Both had to copy the old configuration running on an Extreme Network Switch and configure it on Aruba's high availability platform. As we did it over a weekend, the workers weren't affected.

Aruba Switches are cost-effective.

Aruba is cost-effective. I have a direct account manager who used to visit us to understand the complete requirement. On the other hand, Cisco costs way too much for the same kind of switching device.

I think Aruba did a better job compared to many other vendors. In the end, I just wanted a solution that could serve the university's requirements. We have tested many different products like Alcatel Extreme and others.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give Aruba Switches a nine.

Deputy IT Manager at ICAPP (Americana Group)
    Reliable, easy to set up, and cost-effective
    • "It's a reliable product that you can depend on."
    • "We don't have visibility in Aruba Switches and we are thinking of switching to Fortiswitch because it has visibility."

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as the edge and the core switches for our company network.

We are working on an ERP system, domain controller, warehouse management, Salesforce automation, and many other applications.

What is most valuable?

It's a reliable product that you can depend on.

You can use it for a long time without any issues.

What needs improvement?

Visibility needs improvement. We don't have visibility in Aruba Switches and we are thinking of switching to FortiSwitch because it has visibility.

Currently, we have visibility and compatibility with the firewall. Through the firewall, we can see the entire network.

They are not very active with this solution. There is no followup with the vendors and resellers, they do not contact us to inform us of new technologies as they do with Cisco and Fortinet. Other vendors are more active in the community.

In the next release, I would like to see visibility included, as well as better integration with other platforms.

I have been working wit Aruba Switches for approximately 11 years.

We are working with the 251 and 190 series.

Aruba switches are stable, but we have a few that are hanging.

Aruba Switches are scalable.

We have more than 1,000 users in our company. We have 15 administrators and four people to maintain the network.

Technical support is moderate, not excellent. We have been waiting for more than two months for our switches that are hanging to be replaced.

Maintenance and after-sales service are not good.

We started with Aruba a long time ago when they were originally 3Com Switches.

The initial setup is straightforward, not complex.

Cisco is more complex than Aruba is.

We have many resellers and system integrators in our country, including Cisco and Fortinet.

There are no licenses, you just purchase the switch.

Comparing with Cisco, and some other solutions, it's a cheap product.

We are considering migrating from Aruba to possibly Cisco, or to Fortinet FortiSwitch.

We are comparing and conducting studies in order to move forward.

What other advice do I have?

We have experience working in networking products, high-security products like firewalls, switches, and all data center products.

We would happy to use Aruba Switches in the future if there are new technologies that meet our requirements, and our needs regarding visibility. Having visibility in the entire network and to see all of the parts of the network is something that is important to us.

In general, I recommend Aruba Switches.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

Head of Technical Support at a real estate/law firm with 51-200 employees
    Extremely reliable with great back-up and support provided
    • "They provide great service in terms of replacing malfunctioning switches."
    • "It's an expensive product."

What is our primary use case?

These are ethernet switches that provide power over the net for our PoE requirements, basically layer two and layer three features that we have. I'm the head of technical support and we are customers of Aruba.

What is most valuable?

One valuable feature about HP is the warranty. All switches are very similar when it comes to most functionalities. Mostly switches provide a one-year warranty, but with HPE switches, if there's a unit that malfunctions, we call them and they replace it the next business day if that line is still available. We had a switch we reported the other day, it was a 25-10, which we procured way back, around 2014, and they replaced it. In general, HP provides a lot of support for its products. We will be doing some tinkering on the VLAN soon, first the layer two, and then connecting the layer three functionalities for some other departments. The advantage of Aruba compared to other switches is their reliability. If the product is trustworthy, I'll continue to use it.

What needs improvement?

The cost of the solution could be improved. Before it became Aruba, it was a cheaper product. When Aruba was acquired by HPE, the prices went up. Most features I would want are there already. It's basically the upgrade, in terms of speed, and the price aspect that are issues for us. Right now we have the new switches, the Pen G features, which are still very expensive. Maybe in two or three years, these switches will be more affordable.

I've been using this solution for seven years.

This is a stable solution.

This is a scalable product, the whole department uses them.

HP have had problems with support from time to time but they're quite good. We report when we need and then they replace what's required.

The initial setup is straightforward. They have certain manuals which we can follow on how to define the VLANs and other things, including some of the security. As far as the programming is concerned, I think it's very similar to Cisco. We have an IT team for our implementations and we've built the competency inside. We get the product, we get the manuals, we download and we test it and see if we can do it. If we cannot do it then we ask the vendor for support. We define the IP addresses that we can access remotely and the rest can be done from our office. It's more about testing the equipment to see if it works.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Aruba switches.

I would rate this product a nine out of 10.

Ramesh Benure - PeerSpot reviewer
    Network Engineer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    Good performance, easy to use, quickly configurable, and affordable
    • "These switches have a good performance, and they are also quickly configurable."
    • "We had an issue with the hardware where one or two interfaces went down after one and a half years. This issue impacted only one or two interfaces, not the whole hardware."

What is our primary use case?

I am working in a solution-based company. Whenever we get the product, we create a template and deploy it on the customer's site.

We deal with different versions of this product based on a customer's requirements. I have deployed three Aruba 320M Series switches. One of our customers is a marketing company, and they used Aruba switches for LAN purposes. They used the 2930 and 3810 series, and we configured them according to their requirements with LAN, lags, trunking port, etc.

What is most valuable?

These switches have a good performance, and they are also quickly configurable.

What needs improvement?

We had an issue with the hardware where one or two interfaces went down after one and a half years. This issue impacted only one or two interfaces, not the whole hardware.

I did not have any issues related to its stability.

It is easy to scale. Our customers are medium-sized companies.

Their support is good. We once faced an issue related to the programming or configuration of a switch, and we had raised a ticket with them. Their support engineer had a look and resolved the issue.

We also use Cisco switches. In terms of configuration, Cisco switches are easier than Aruba switches. The configuration commands of Aruba switches are quite similar to Cisco switches. There is just a little bit of difference in the trunking commands and lab configuration.

In terms of scalability, security, and performance, there is no difference between Cisco and Aruba switches. In terms of features, the VRF feature in Aruba switches is better than the one in Cisco switches. This feature is called stack in Cisco switches.

It is a simple process. It is easy to configure Aruba switches.

The deployment duration depends on customer requirements and the number of switches. For a small setup, we can do the configuration within one or two days. For a big setup, it will take more time.

We are an integrator. We also do the maintenance.

I don't know the exact cost of the licensing, but based on what I have heard from my sales team, Aruba is affordable. Aruba switches are cheaper than the switches from Cisco and other vendors.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution depending on the requirements. It is easy to use and affordable. It is cheaper than other solutions.

I would rate Aruba switches an eight out of ten.

System Engineer at Neogenesis technical solutions
    MSP
    Easy initial setup, very stable and scalable
    • "The most valuable aspect for our organization is the CX. It's wonderful."
    • "The dashboard could be improved, especially for the CX Switches. It would help to push scripts and configurations via an easy to use dashboard, one which would give us complete visibility of all of our switches in one place. Right now, we have more than one dashboard for Aruba. It would be nice if it was centralized."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the product for enterprise solutions. We work in industries such as education (colleges and universities), hospitals, and banking. We are focused on banking right now.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable aspect for our organization is the CX. It's wonderful.

H switches in the core layer are great. The configuration in the other vendors like Cisco for Data Center are different for H. We have Nexus for H, and we have Cisco Catalyst. While those switches are different and work in different ways, Aruba is the same for us, and this is a wonderful thing.

The initial setup is quick and easy.

What needs improvement?

I can't think of any features that need to be added. It works quite well for us as it is.

I've been using the solution for four to five years.

This product is very stable and very reliable. We don't experience bugs or glitches. It doesn't stop working unexpectedly. It's been great.

We haven't had any issues with scalability at all.

I was using Juniper before Aruba. I still use them, occasionally. For the H switches, Aruba is better and more stable.

The initial setup was not complex. It was quite straightforward. We handled the process very easily.

It doesn't take long, either. You can have it up and running very fast. To deploy the test configuration only took about six to ten minutes.

For Aruba, there is no licensing to deal with, and that's the best. For features or protocols, no licensing is ever needed.

What other advice do I have?

We're partners with Aruba.

I'm a systems engineer, not a technical engineer, so I don't look too closely at the technical aspects of the solution.

I'd recommend the solution to other organizations.

I'd rate the solution nine out of ten.

Hybrid Cloud
    Download our free Aruba Switches Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.
    Updated: July 2022