IT Central Station is now PeerSpot: Here's why

Amazon AWS CloudSearch OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Amazon AWS CloudSearch is #4 ranked solution in top Search as a Service vendors. PeerSpot users give Amazon AWS CloudSearch an average rating of 8 out of 10. Amazon AWS CloudSearch is most commonly compared to Amazon Kendra: Amazon AWS CloudSearch vs Amazon Kendra. Amazon AWS CloudSearch is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 69% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 22% of all views.

Download the Search as a Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2022

What is Amazon AWS CloudSearch?

Amazon CloudSearch is a managed service in the AWS Cloud that makes it simple and cost-effective to set up, manage, and scale a search solution for your website or application.
Amazon CloudSearch supports 34 languages and popular search features such as highlighting, autocomplete, and geospatial search. With Amazon CloudSearch, you can quickly add rich search capabilities to your website or application. You don't need to become a search expert or worry about hardware provisioning, setup, and maintenance. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, you can create a search domain and upload the data that you want to make searchable, and Amazon CloudSearch will automatically provision the required resources and deploy a highly tuned search index.

You can easily change your search parameters, fine tune search relevance, and apply new settings at any time. As your volume of data and traffic fluctuates, Amazon CloudSearch seamlessly scales to meet your needs.

Amazon AWS CloudSearch Customers

SmugMug

Amazon AWS CloudSearch Video

Amazon AWS CloudSearch Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Amazon AWS CloudSearch pricing:
  • "Amazon AWS CloudSearch charging is based on how many resources you consume or and the solution is known to be a bit expensive."
  • "There was no license needed to use this solution."
  • Amazon AWS CloudSearch Reviews

Anteneh Asnake - PeerSpot reviewer
    Modern Data Center and Cloud Engineer II at IE Network Solutions PLC
    MSP
    Quick data accessibility, reliable, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

Amazon AWS CloudSearch can be used for storing a large amount of unstructured data, such as images, videos, or complex data.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Amazon AWS CloudSearch is its ability to receive data quickly. You can access your data easily in a short time.

What needs improvement?

The price of the solution can be expensive.

I have been using Amazon AWS CloudSearch for approximately six months.
    June 2022
    Find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Algolia, Elastic and others in Search as a Service. Updated: June 2022.
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.

The stability of Amazon AWS CloudSearch is good.

Amazon AWS CloudSearch is scalable. We are using Amazon AWS CloudSearch for only development purposes, and there are a few particular system engineers impacting their development. We are not using it in production. When we are finished we hope to have approximately 100 users using it.

I have not used the support from Amazon AWS CloudSearch.

We previously used Microsoft Azure.

The initial installation for Amazon AWS CloudSearch is simple, you only need to configure it since it is in the cloud.  It took me approximately 30 minutes to do the configuration at the beginning. After some experience, I can now do it in five minutes.

I can do the implementation myself. We have one engineer for the maintenance and support.

Amazon AWS CloudSearch charging is based on how many resources you consume or and the solution is known to be a bit expensive.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution, but it depends on what service you are going to provide. I rate Amazon AWS CloudSearch a nine out of ten.
    Consultant / Sr. Manager at a consultancy with 501-1,000 employees
    MSP
    Has the ability to scale your requirements on the fly and is easy to set up
    • "The best feature is its scalability in that Cloud is always on the fly."
    • "Security is a concern but they're working on it."

What is most valuable?

The best feature is its scalability in that Cloud is always on the fly. You can scale your requirements on the fly. Cloud also has other features but scalability comes first. This is one of the best features.

What needs improvement?

I think AWS is doing a good job. I don't think it needs much improvement. Security is a concern but they're working on it. I am not saying there is no security, but maybe they can bring in more controls.

I've been using AWS CloudSearch for three months.

The stability of the product is good.

As I mentioned, its scalability is its best feature.

We had a team of 15 - 20 people using it.

In terms of support, it's good - it's a market leader. Most of the issues are documented, so you really don't need support except for out of the ordinary stuff.

The initial setup is simple.

What other advice do I have?

I'd definitely recommend Amazon AWS CloudSearch. On a scale of one to ten I'd rate it an eight.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
    June 2022
    609,272 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    Product Line Manager at Edgecore
    Highly stable, scalable, and quick installation

What is our primary use case?

I am using Amazon AWS CloudSearch for the s upfront application storage, and to install applications in the cloud for users to operate.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Amazon AWS CloudSearch is the cloud aspect. I do not need to have the physical infrastructure, everything is in the cloud.

I have been using Amazon AWS CloudSearch for approximately one year.

Amazon AWS CloudSearch is highly stable. However, the speed depends on your internet connection.

The scalability of Amazon AWS CloudSearch is good.

We have 10 people in my organization that use this solution. We do not plan to increase usage.

The support from Amazon AWS CloudSearch is satisfactory.

I have only used this solution.

The initial installation of Amazon AWS CloudSearch is easy. The time it took to complete the implementation was 10 minutes.

I did the implementation of the solution myself.

There was no license needed to use this solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution to others.

I rate Amazon AWS CloudSearch an eight out of ten.

Download our free Search as a Service Report and find out what your peers are saying about Amazon, Algolia, Elastic, and more!
    Updated: June 2022