Webroot DNS Protection OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Webroot DNS Protection is the #7 ranked solution in top Domain Name System (DNS) Security tools. PeerSpot users give Webroot DNS Protection an average rating of 9.6 out of 10. Webroot DNS Protection is most commonly compared to Cisco Umbrella: Webroot DNS Protection vs Cisco Umbrella. Webroot DNS Protection is popular among the large enterprise segment, accounting for 50% of users researching this solution on PeerSpot. The top industry researching this solution are professionals from a computer software company, accounting for 31% of all views.

Download the Domain Name System (DNS) Security Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2022

What is Webroot DNS Protection?

Webroot SecureAnywhere DNS Protection offers a quick, straightforward, and highly effective way to secure the DNS protocol connection against cyberattacks. With advanced reporting on more than 80 URL categories, admins gain greater visibility than ever, reduce risk, and can tailor usage policies to their organization's unique needs.

Webroot DNS Protection was previously known as SecureAnywhere DNS Protection.

Webroot DNS Protection Video

Archived Webroot DNS Protection Reviews (more than two years old)

Jamshed Alam - PeerSpot reviewer
Team Lead NOC (HelpDesk Manager) at Top Rated Plus Freelancer on UpWork
Good application for internet users looking to secure their domain data
  • "Almost everyone who uses it is happy about the product. I don't get any types of complaints from my clients."
  • "It needs to be more secure for production environments."

What is our primary use case?

I've worked in the IT industry for almost 15 years. I have worked with many applications, like Webroot and other anti-viruses. Webroot's domain can be secured for malware attacks. Their website, email data, and domain data can be secured from unwanted malware attacks and otherwise. I have found Webroot to be a good application for internet users looking to secure their domain data.

How has it helped my organization?

We have many clients with different platforms where Webroot. We have our clients, DNS, and domain dive, and we have used it for our website for domain set up with the web group.

What is most valuable?

Everything is good with Webroot DNS.

What needs improvement?

It needs to be more secure for production environments. currently, it have reliable and secure but as per new internet attacks, it should be ready and proactive approach to eliminate attack chances.

Domain Name System (DNS) Security
November 2022
Find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Cisco, TitanHQ and others in Domain Name System (DNS) Security. Updated: November 2022.
656,474 professionals have used our research since 2012.

It's reliable and stable. It needs to be more stable and reliable because we experience internet attacks, domains, and client data. Webroot DNS needs to be more reliable and more secure.

It scales well.

I have worked for many organizations and some organizations are small in size, with five to 15 users, and some organizations are 50 to 100. There are a few giants that are large organizations with 250 to 500 users.

Webroot does not require any type of maintenance, but sometimes there are issues regarding the domain. We troubleshoot and overall 99% will not require any maintenance.

They have a good team for their technical group but they need to hire more professionals to get a big team. They need a bigger team. But overall, their support is very good. When they are available they are ready to help their customers and they are always very exceptional.

There was not any complex type of data. The setup was straightforward.

We are two who teach and train our customers about Webroot DNS and how we are going to configure and secure data. It takes around 20 minutes to one hour of planning plus the time it takes for the configuration.

They need to be more economical for smaller companies so that everyone can use it to store data.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Webroot DNS a nine out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
Jamshed Alam - PeerSpot reviewer
Jamshed AlamTeam Lead NOC (HelpDesk Manager) at Top Rated Plus Freelancer on UpWork

Excellent Product to secure DNS related Data

Ramy Elsayed - PeerSpot reviewer
Administrator at zuuTech
Speedy, finds a lot of infections, and protects your computer
  • "The installation is easy and doesn't take long. The program speedy and doesn't crash. It doesn't consume computer hardware or software."
  • "The reporting system needs improvement. They should make is that we can customize it so we can add, remove or change its interface but they use a template. The reports cannot be changed."

What is most valuable?

The installation is easy and doesn't take long. The program is speedy and doesn't crash. It doesn't consume computer hardware or software. It finds a lot of infections when it's initially installed. After that, it protects the computer. The admin console has the ability to run scans and manage things from the admin console. In general, it works well for me.

What needs improvement?

The reporting system needs improvement. They should make is that we can customize it so we can add, remove or change its interface but they use a template. The reports cannot be changed.

They should add more features to manage the registry or the policies on the computer through the console. That would be great.

We have been using Webroot for four years.

We haven't had any issues with stability.

The initial setup was straightforward. It was an easy installation and it didn't take a long time

What other advice do I have?

I would rate it an eight out of ten.

Nothing at all can be 10 or be perfect. No solution on the market gets a ten. I rate it an eight because of the features. To make it better, they should have the ability to customize or add remote desktops.

I would recommend Webroot; it is a very good solution and a solid solution that keeps our computers protected. It works smoothly, with no problems. It is a very good solution. I can highly recommend for others to buy and go for.

Download our free Domain Name System (DNS) Security Report and find out what your peers are saying about OpenText, Cisco, TitanHQ, and more!
Updated: November 2022